Jazzmaster reissues

dainbramage

So I've got my eye on a used Fender Jazzmaster USA '62 reissue. It has been modified with standard pickups, mastery bridge, 6105 frets and some switches are disconnected (I guess for shorter circuitry). Now, this guitar will rid me of most of my money but if it is really good I don't really care that much about that. I could go try this guitar out but it is like a 2-2,5h drive one way. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Fender reissues or Jazzmasters in general. I realize it is not the most versatile guitars out there, but I intend to use it mostly for ambient and psychedelic music with a whole lot of effects and stuff.

So, any thoughts on this?

I don't own one, but I grab a Jag/Jazzmaster pretty much any time I'm at a guitar store. They always feel good to me. Fenders don't seem to have the consistency issues that Gibsons have. Maybe it's the bolt-on necks or something. I tend to prefer Jags myself.

I don't own one, but I grab a Jag/Jazzmaster pretty much any time I'm at a guitar store. They always feel good to me. Fenders don't seem to have the consistency issues that Gibsons have. Maybe it's the bolt-on necks or something. I tend to prefer Jags myself.

I played a Johnny Marr Jag at a store recently but didn't really feel comfortable with the shorter scale neck. Also it was through a 5150 EVH amp which is not really not my cup of tea. Unfortunately they didn't have any Jazzmasters in stock.

I've arranged a meeting with the guy now, so I will try it in a couple of hours. This may or may not be a NGD. Pretty damn excited!

Back