Jan 6 ratings dud

You can post all the conspiracy theories, opinion pieces and polls you want, but when it comes to things that actually count, like court cases, recounts and testimonies, the Big lie has zero victories. A 100% failure rate. Big Lie proponents are stuck in a feedback loop of failure, they are like Wile E Coyote trying to get the road runner, it's never going to happen. Trumpers are just trying to lay a smoke screen to hide their failures.
What exactly is the "big lie" that I believe?
I don't know who won 2020.
I don't know who won 2016.
I DO know that the majority of americans do NOT trust our election system.
I would like to see that fixed. I guess I'm alone.

American Distrust Of The Voting Process Is Widespread, NPR Poll Finds​

January 21, 20205:06 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition

Trust in America: Do Americans trust their elections?​

The Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol over the certification of the 2020 presidential election was a flashpoint for Americans and the American political system.

Trust in America: Do Americans trust their elections?

The complexity of the overall system, varying rules on how and when you can vote, and whether the candidate you support wins or loses all impact trust in the election process.
www.pewresearch.org
www.pewresearch.org

Majority of Americans Don’t Trust Elections, Poll Finds​

Of 32 countries included in the poll, the U.S. falls third to last when it comes to confidence in elections.

https://www.usnews.com/news/electio...jority-of-americans-dont-trust-elections-poll

It's Trump's messaging *FOR YEARS* and your parroting of those messages that have caused people to doubt to the degree that they do.
Do you think Trump won 2016 fair and square?
Do you have a problem with me doubting the 2016 result too?
As far as I know, I haven't met anyone that doubts BOTH elections.
So tell me PH, who am I parroting?

Which leads us to a corrupt FBI that went after Trump without cause for Trump-Russia collusion.
Bob Mueller was not needed to charge Pappadap, Manaforte, et al.

I want to give the FBI/CIA some benefit of the doubt and say maybe Russia actually hacked the voting machines, though nobody came out and said that.
The Russians have the smarts to do it, and the CIA developed the technology.

If you don't know who won in 2020, you are ignorant, stupid, or both.
If I were you, I would not "bet my life" that Biden won that election.
Neither would I "bet my life" that Trump won the 2016 election on his own, though perhaps the intervention could have been supernatural.
I tend to lean that way, that it was somehing more than hackers could do.
I don't pretend to fully understand the universe I live in.
I'm not scared of those possibilities.

I didn't have a big problem with the elections until I found out the voting machines are internet accessible.
Democrats showed me this right before the 2018 midterms.
Personally, I thought the democrats made reasonable points.
Now I'm supposed to forget all that....until the next midterm election which looks like a democrat bloodbath.
Then we will hear all the crap again we've been hearing for a long time, except it keeps getting more violent.
Geee.... where does this bad ride end?

That's me living in tin-foil hat land y'all.
Oh course democrats will be delighted to lose 100 seats in the house.
Silly me to think otherwise. :giggle:

Last edited:
Yes. And yes. Trump won that election. Period. End of story. I was horrified.... but I accepted it then and I accept it now.

You and Dave are honest to God, the first 2 democrats that told me they accepted the 2016 result at all.
You guys were good from day 1, you say, and you could knock me over with a feather.
Now if the democrats lose 100 seats in the 2022 midterms, you won't complain, right?
PS: could you make Hillary Clinton shut the hell up about russians stealing the election from her in 2016?
When will she ever stop talking about it?
Would it stop you from voting for her -- if she continues on about that?

Last edited:
I'm not a "democrat" - in the sense that you mean.

Or rather if I am it's only in the sense that I believe in democracy.

But I get it that you see everything through an ideological teamism lens.

ou aren't in the majority. You are a fascist who hates democracy and wants a Trump dictatorship.

The 2020 election proves that beyond a shred of a doubt.
No, I don't want Trump's division for the country.
I would really prefer someone other than Trump for president (but not Biden).
I didn't vote in the Obama-McaCain election, and I might opt out of the next one.
I no longer care much to vote, and I even cancelled my voter registration.
This is like a foreign country to me now. I just live here. My voice is not heard.
Jan 6 is a fracture that will never heal. It's done.
I have no faith in voting machines.... ever... get rid of them.
As far as the republicans go, I'm NOT impressed.
McCain was a true turd, and Bush aint much better. Romney a creepy globalist. screw all of them.

PS: Could you cut it with "us and them" partisan cliches already?
I don't subscribe to any of it.
You might as well be arguing about wigs and tories as far as I'm concerned.

PSS: I have jewish friends that would never call me what you just said. Chill out dude. You sound like a mental case.

Last edited:
No I don't want to see a Marjory Taylor Greene -- Matt Gaetz vendetta -- after the midterms.
I'm tired of the hostilities on both sides.
When can we break the vicious cycle?

In summary, the Jan 6 protest and the Jan 6 committee just make everybody look bad.
The 2 republican sock puppets will be gone in November.

Last edited:
You and Dave are honest to God, the first 2 democrats that told me they accepted the 2016 result at all.
You guys were good from day 1, you say, and you could knock me over with a feather.
Now if the democrats lose 100 seats in the 2022 midterms, you won't complain, right?
PS: could you make Hillary Clinton shut the hell up about russians stealing the election from her in 2016?
When will she ever stop talking about it?
Would it stop you from voting for her -- if she continues on about that?
I'm not a Democrat, or a Republican. I'm a Canadian that knows bullshit when I see it.

I'm not a Democrat, or a Republican. I'm a Canadian that knows bullshit when I see it.
How do you reconcile Trump winning a fair election -- when Mueller could NOT exonerate Trump from Russian-collusion during the 2016 election season?
Same question for Porterhouse.

Mueller could not "exonerate" Trump from obstruction of justice with regard to the investigation itself.

Mueller's report concluded that they could not establish a conspiracy with regard to the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the election - which it did conclude was systematic and widespread. They concluded that while they could *prove* conspiracy - there was nonetheless lots of smoke and fire billowing.

This is commonly understood stuff here. That you have and hold such strong opinions about things you dont even understand is so telling. And not a surprise.

It would be refreshing for you to quote this whole post and say something like: "you have a point"

Mueller's report concluded that they could not establish a conspiracy with regard to the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the election

In 2019, Around half of americans still believed that Trump colluded with Russia in the 2016 election, and they questioned his legitimacy.
How was that justified if his election was indeed "fair"?
Mueller obviously did not exonerate the 2016 election for those americans.
Ask IBB.

Mueller's report concluded that they could not establish a conspiracy with regard to the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the election - which it did conclude was systematic and widespread. They concluded that while they could *prove* conspiracy - there was nonetheless lots of smoke and fire billowing.That you have and hold such strong opinions about things you dont even understand is so telling. It would be refreshing for you to quote this whole post and say something like: "you have a point"
Honestly, I'd like to say you have a point, but it sounds like you are talking out of both sides of the mouth.
On the one hand there is fire where there is smoke, on the other, Trump's election was fair.

I'm of the opinion that an election can not be fair and unfair at the same time, and I'd just appreciate a straight answer to a fair question.
Maybe you have a point to make about it, and maybe not.
Double-speak is NOT a point.

Last edited:
Back