Jan 6 ratings dud

What's this?
27 democrats want the supreme court justices to be assassinated...
Now THAT is an insurrection!

I don't know what can be done about the infantile human penchant to believe whatever feels good.
Scariest part is it doesn't even have to feel "good", just whatever means to an end. IMHO, most of this is just 'punishing' people they know are smarter or in better health or whatever. Inferiority complex given a soapbox (with a lot of Dunning Kruger tossed in for good measure).

I think Schiff has an orange crush on Donald J. Trump. :giggle:
He made a little mistake, I know I know.
He meant to say that he was excited into an erection as he fondled himself. :giggle:

While funny, this illustrates the foundational disagreement of our time: evidence-based thinking vs non-evidence-based thinking.

Trump supporters are able to believe anything, simply because they want to, and with no evidence.

Widespread election fraud? Dangers of COVID vaccines? Q Annon? All of these things are embraced by the bulk of conservatives. None of them have the slightest degree of evidence.

I don't know what can be done about the infantile human penchant to believe whatever feels good.
Man, if you could only realize how your blanket statements towards what you call 'conservatives' is only proving that you are unable to have an ability to find common ground on anything or even listen to a different perspective. Have you ever thought for one moment that maybe your lack of an open mind to anything other than what you hear and believe in, is what the problem is with the state of our nation? I mean really, I personally don't call you out as a bleeding heart far left liberal who won't listen to me. But you sure do seem like a closed minded individual who can't be bothered with a different opinion. In fact I have stated to you on other threads that I am not a Trump supporter, but I am sure you lump me in to a category where you will not even listen because I lean toward the conservative side.

Oh, and your baby crying that I somehow threatened you personally in another thread. That was pathetic on your part by the way. I lost much respect for you there.

Your lack of any kind of open mindedness to other facts or opinions, makes it impossible to have a productive conversation with you because you have already made your judgment based upon another's affiliation. That sounds very similar to racism doesn't it? Maybe you should think about that?

I already know anything I say will not even come close to persuading you to listen. You have proven your inability to listen to anyone who differs from your opinion. You are stuck in your rut. If you truly 'bleed burgundy' and have a desire for a truly democratic America, you would realize that it takes understanding of every Americans interests to make it work. Not judging those who oppose your beliefs and calling them out as the evil ones. If you do that, it makes you seem the one who is breaking down the values that allow you to have them. Best to you MR. Right.

Did you vote for him - yes or no? 1st time? 2nd time? And if so - do you regret it?
Last election, yes I did. IMO, anything then would be better than Biden in my personal opinion. That was just my personal choice at that time. I did not storm the capitol building when the votes came in. Do I have doubts? Maybe? But I don't judge others for their opinion or vote, nor do I condone any election fraud claims. But then, we will likely never know the truth there. Just the presence of distrust in the election system that is shown by any side of the argument, is tearing apart our country.

Don't miss my point here. What I am saying is that a direct judgment or combining any particular 'side' as a whole of all of them, is close minded and creating a divide that is not good for anyone.

nor do I condone any election fraud claims. But then, we will likely never know the truth there. Just the presence of distrust in the election system that is shown by any side of the argument, is tearing apart our country.
The only thing tearing our country apart is - Donald Trump, his followers, those that voted for him, and anyone that has even the slightest doubt about the last election. Full stop.

The only thing tearing our country apart is - Donald Trump, his followers, those that voted for him, and anyone that has even the slightest doubt about the last election. Full stop.
Then you sir, seem to be a hard headed pseudo racist that has not the ability to rationalize that your personal opinion may not be the same as someone else. Do you not get that you may not be completely right? Or do you just trust in only what you have seen?
The only one I see tearing apart our country, is somone like you who places the blame on one set/group of people based on who they voted for. That is a closed minded approach that you should open your eyes to. How can you make a blanket judgment on people like that and consider yourself able to make an open minded decision? Sounds like stereotyping and borderline racist to me....

And again, don't get me wrong. I respect your opinions. We need those from all sides. I just wish people were not so quick to judge others because they see things differently. America is based upon allowing different values. This calling out others as being 'the problem' goes against what allows us all to have the freedoms we have. We are being divided by propaganda that is politically based. And the ones that we placed in charge to represent us, are doing the most harm by further creating the divide politically. If one cant see that, then they are becoming part of the problem.

Make any sense? Can we agree on that as a starting point?

Man, if you could only realize how your blanket statements towards what you call 'conservatives' is only proving that you are unable to have an ability to find common ground on anything or even listen to a different perspective. Have you ever thought for one moment that maybe your lack of an open mind to anything other than what you hear and believe in, is what the problem is with the state of our nation? I mean really, I personally don't call you out as a bleeding heart far left liberal who won't listen to me. But you sure do seem like a closed minded individual who can't be bothered with a different opinion. In fact I have stated to you on other threads that I am not a Trump supporter, but I am sure you lump me in to a category where you will not even listen because I lean toward the conservative side.

I realize that I am close-minded relative to some. I am not capable of believing things for which there is no evidence, and I am not sympathetic to those who do.

So yeah, I am close-minded to the baseless assertions that America has fake elections, or that the COVID vaccines are killing tons of people, or the Q Annon stuff.

We don't have common ground on those things and we likely never will. There is no room for compromise here. I cannot entertain your conspiracy bullshit in the name of collegiality. It would be shallow maneuvering and disingenuous. I accept zero responsibility for meeting you half way towards your delusions.

Oh, and your baby crying that I somehow threatened you personally in another thread. That was pathetic on your part by the way. I lost much respect for you there.

Yeah but you absolutely did, and now you're lying about it (again). You would have been banned from most forums for that.

I could not possibly care what a violence-threatening fascist enabling conspiracy theorist thinks about me. Something would be wrong if you thought we were on the same side. We're fucking not.

Back