Jamfest Equipment List

If anyone is bringining any blue plastic dog food dishes make sure you mark them. They have a tendency to dissapear at Toms place and never show up again. :confused:

dragonworks said:
If anyone is bringining any blue plastic dog food dishes make sure you mark them. They have a tendency to dissapear at Toms place and never show up again. :confused:

HEY, I though that We agreed that my blue plastic dog food dish fetish was to be kept as our little secret :mad:

:D

Got a question on networking. I was wondering if using a router as opposed to a hub out in the little house would do the trick? The set up here is that I have a CAT-5 run that goes over to the main house, that goes into a router. The broadband/cable modem goes into the uplink slot on the router so more than one computer can share the broadband. So, the question is, if I do the same thing out in the little house (use the uplink slot on the router for the existing network line), would the network lines that get hooked up to this router "share" the one network line? I realize that if this does in fact work, it would slow down the data traffic as the computers would all be sharing the same line/address, but it seems that this might do the trick (and really shoudn't hamper the internet speed too much). I know for a fact that a hub doesn't work, but I also know from past experience that simply splitting a network line into different computers does work (again, it slows the data traffic because you have more than one computer utilizing the same address, but does work). This isn't really something I want to simply "try" because I really can't afford to go out and buy a router just to see if it might work, but if there's anyone out there who knows that this will in fact work (or can try a similar set up and get favorable results and let me know), well...

Again, this utilizes a network router rather than a hub as the hubs will give each line connected to it it's own address, and I think that using the uplink on the router lets all network lines running into it sorta share the uplink slot. :confused:

I think I need more coffee :p

Putting two NAT type routers in series is generally a bad idea. You cable modem is 3Mbits and the ether is 10Mbits. So the ether is not the bottleneck. Everyone else can use notebooks parked up close to the house if they want to surph. I only really require the one wired connection for the feed computer.

jgourd said:
Putting two NAT type routers in series is generally a bad idea. You cable modem is 3Mbits and the ether is 10Mbits. So the ether is not the bottleneck. Everyone else can use notebooks parked up close to the house if they want to surph. I only really require the one wired connection for the feed computer.

Very Cool! I was worried that you might need one for each laptop (meaning you'ld need 3). If one is what you need, one is what I gots! I may still get a repeater to hook up on the first floor of the main house on the side closest to the little house to give the wireless signal a little more balls. I'll also have a PCMCIA wireless card available for anyone who may bring a laptop (at least one that's better than mine) to use for doing posts on HR while this thing is going on.

Have you guys connected with Christiaan yet? He's offered to set up a mirror site in the Netherlands for the webcast. I think all he has to do is activate the site he set up last year.

I know tree is bringing the speakers for front of house. Has anyone considered brininging monitors? We need monitors big time.

I have a powered Peavey monitor I can bring. It's only 75 watts, but it'll work fine as long as we're not too fussy.

Treeline said:
I have a powered Peavey monitor I can bring. It's only 75 watts, but it'll work fine as long as we're not too fussy.

Who's Mackie head and speakers did we use last year?

Tom has one with a set of JBLs, and LI Slim brought a Mackie head and a set of smaller EV speakers. I was thinking of pairing them up with mine for FOH, but they could do yeoman duty as monitors.

I also have a small subwoofer that might help a bit. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to experiment with it a little.

Remember that I also have a 12 channel CFX mixer that we can press into service if needed. 8 XLR inputs.

Treeline said:
Tom has one with a set of JBLs, and LI Slim brought a Mackie head and a set of smaller EV speakers. I was thinking of pairing them up with mine for FOH, but they could do yeoman duty as monitors.

I also have a small subwoofer that might help a bit. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to experiment with it a little.

Remember that I also have a 12 channel CFX mixer that we can press into service if needed. 8 XLR inputs.

I did not bring my Mackie Head and EV speakers last year (actually, I brought the speakers but they weren't needed). Tree, didn't we use your (Mackie, as I recall) powered speakers last year?

My speakers are EV Sx100+ (passive), which do make nice monitors. Should i bring them?

Hmm... Maybe it was the year before. Didn't you just get the speakers last year?

Anyway - Bring them! They will be killers. I'm bringing the Mackies for FOH.

...just tell me where to put 'em and I'll tell ya who they're from...

Yas, I have in the arsinal a pair of JBL G-734 Stage cabs with stands, a QSC MX1500a stereo amp (1500 watt), a JBL/URIE ES600 stereo amp (600 watts), a Mackie 1204 VLZ pro (that should be put down out in the back 40), and a powered Mackie 808S stereo PA 8 channel mixer (1200 watts). and a rack full of crap for effects. I think with the right person incharge of this equipment (and definitely not me, because I'll be finishing up the shitter door about that time), Have at it! I also want someone who bangs the keys to spend some time with the Roland VK-77 dual manual keyboard. Seems like it'd be a blast if ya knew what you were doing. I also have a Roland SPD-6 drum pad thing, and a KORG NSR5 hanging around. One thing I musr request is that one of the "rock" amps be the HomeRecording.Com Community MusicMan 212, HD130.

Oh yeah... and it looks like Dale and I are gonna head out and pick up a couple of doors today... could one be destined for the little house shitter? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p

Um... another thing, Jonathan, I seem to remember you saying at one point or another that you had a "spapre" small airconditioning unit hanging around that you were thinking about bringing to throw in a window of the litle house. Do ya, or am I just having flashbasks to somewhere else? Well, if anyone (who'll have enough room to drag one along) has a small window unit AC (5,000 - 8,000 BTU max for the small window it's gotta go in, that draws on 110-120 v), try to bring it along. Jonathan is going to be doing most of the mix from inside the little house, and an AC in there would make all the difference in the world from making it a pleasurable experience for our mixmaster to turning his weekend into a living HELL :D ... well, at least the heat part.

Back