Jamfest Equipment List

Alas, the little unit got installed in my mother-in-law's window last week. Unless I buy one a BJs on the way down, I will not have one to bring :(

jgourd said:
Alas, the little unit got installed in my mother-in-law's window last week. Unless I buy one a BJs on the way down, I will not have one to bring :(

I can't seem to dig one up for the life of me, and I'm usually pretty good at finding things from the ridiculous to the sublime, but damn, no A/C's. Kinda sux becuase that little house turns into a real sweat-house during a sunny day. If I can manage to write some bail bonds between now and then, I may be able to swing a $99 special or something from Bernies or some other local place. Maybe we should hit everyone up for 5 or 10 bucks when people show and just go out and get one then.. i dunno :confused:

I know there's got to be someone out there with a 5,ooo btu unit sitting in their basement that they don't use for one reason or another... We just gotta hope they see this thread before they're packed and on the road.

damn, I don't have one either, but will be glad to add a little donation, if you end up finding one. A nice high velocity floor fan would work as a sub, and have many uses for later. with the doors opening and closing a lot, might be a better choice, unless you have a spot for the A/C somewhere else in the big house.

Fmmahoganyrush said:
I can't seem to dig one up for the life of me, and I'm usually pretty good at finding things from the ridiculous to the sublime, but damn, no A/C's. Kinda sux becuase that little house turns into a real sweat-house during a sunny day. If I can manage to write some bail bonds between now and then, I may be able to swing a $99 special or something from Bernies or some other local place. Maybe we should hit everyone up for 5 or 10 bucks when people show and just go out and get one then.. i dunno :confused:

I know there's got to be someone out there with a 5,ooo btu unit sitting in their basement that they don't use for one reason or another... We just gotta hope they see this thread before they're packed and on the road.

Here's one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=6261369&id=1072284520048&cmp=++

I'll through in 10 bucks. You'll need it!

dtb said:
A nice high velocity floor fan would work as a sub...

Got one, and thoght of that, but that will mean that poor Jonathan will be trying to do his mix insode a very noisy wind tunnel. I have a window right smack in front of the desk extension is where J would most likely be setting up, so an A/C would be perfect. Also... h lessee. I'll be dragging out the Roland VK-77, so that'll ive him more space where he needs it. I dug through all the plumbing stuff I have hanging around, and I think I'll be able to set up an outdoor shower on the side of the little house (the side of the driveway). It's not an area that gets used, pretty secluded, although we WILL need to set up some sort of cutained area, AND, I'll be able to feed it with hot and cold water :)

Slim, we have a "Best Buy" about 20 mins from here, so if we can get a kitty together early on in the Fest, We'll do that. There's already a window and power, so I won't have to run around like a maniac for two days trying to set it up :rolleyes: ...yeah right, I know you've all heard that one before :eek:

I will contribute as well. I would also like to take up a collection for David K's medical expenses. In fact every penny I get for this year's CD will go to David K with the exception of the live feed cost of $200.

see, that's what we've been talking about. absolutely. the family is in tack.

I will have the whole gambit of contibutions, already lined up. I know some can't, won't, or whatever, but I'll give what I feel we can afford. The food, the live feed, the "man" who works the electronics, :D , the A/C, the hosttess with the mosttest, and for DavidK.

see ya'll in a week.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Doors...

Well, it looks like there will be a door on the bathroom after all. I went out and picked one up yesterday, now all I have to do is put the fool thing up (it's already framed so it should go in pretty quick... I know, I know.. Famous last words :rolleyes: )

...as far as the A/C is concerned, I'm still gonna look around to see if there's one kicking around a basement of a friend or relative. I used to have one sitting in the shed out at the cottage (which I'll look for today), but in recent trips out there, I can't remember seeing it in plain sight, which really doesn't mean much considering what the inside of the shed looks like. I seem to remember dragging that one to the dump a few years back though. I will do my best to come up with something. :)

jgourd said:
I will contribute as well. I would also like to take up a collection for David K's medical expenses. In fact every penny I get for this year's CD will go to David K with the exception of the live feed cost of $200.

That's a great idea. The guy's got no health insurance.

Fmmahoganyrush said:
...as far as the A/C is concerned, I'm still gonna look around to see if there's one kicking around a basement of a friend or relative. I used to have one sitting in the shed out at the cottage (which I'll look for today), but in recent trips out there, I can't remember seeing it in plain sight, which really doesn't mean much considering what the inside of the shed looks like. I seem to remember dragging that one to the dump a few years back though. I will do my best to come up with something. :)

My super market has little one's for $89

Our local paper has some in the 'articles for sale' section,..... must be two or three for less than $75.... couple for $50,... and a bigger one for $125....

Just a thought,... don't know how much you want for BTUs.... 5000 should do OK out there...

Steve

Thatupstateguy said:
Our local paper has some in the 'articles for sale' section,..... must be two or three for less than $75.... couple for $50,... and a bigger one for $125....

Just a thought,... don't know how much you want for BTUs.... 5000 should do OK out there...

Steve

I did the same thing by checking out the local classified rag. There's quite a few 5000 btu units nearby for around $50, so that might be the way I go. :)

Mayble I'll bring my ex-wife.
She is very cold. She wears oven mitts so her rancid budweiser don't freeze.
Just set her on the floor near the ejuipment. She'll have that room down to 45 degrees in no time.

brrrrrrrrr

Fmmahoganyrush said:
I did the same thing by checking out the local classified rag. There's quite a few 5000 btu units nearby for around $50, so that might be the way I go. :)

With the limited use you will need, it's definitely the way to go (needless to say, just make sure it is working before you buy it). I am absolutely certain you will be reimbursed!

Tom will need to keep it. The little house is now Kathy's office as well as Tom's studio. That is why there is no room for people to stash gear in there this year.

jgourd said:
That is why there is no room for people to stash gear in there this year.

There will be some space in the little house to stash gear and such. The area I've deemed the eventual kitchin will have some open floor space, but We'll have to make sure to stack stuff neatly to utilize the space, and there's always the shop in we need to get more stuff out of the way. :)

Back