Jamfest Equipment List

dragonworks said:
FM, you best set up that screen house I left ya last year and come up with my dog bowl :mad:

Yes, the screen house will be set up... ...as for the dog dish, man, I haven't a frigging clue as to where that thing could have gone. Maybe it'll turn up that weekend :confused:

dragonworks said:
I have an air conditioner downstairs just sitting there that I am not using?

Hey, if it's a small one that works and you're not planning on using it, throw it in the back of your truck and I'll throw some cabbage your way. It's really got to be a small one as the opening it's got to fit into is 22 1/4" wide, and 15 1/2" high (leave it to this house to have basically nothing that's standard size, but I think a 5000 BTU oughta fit :confused: )

Jonathan will probably hump your leg for this one :eek:

Tom, the ac unit is twenty inches wide by fourteen inches high. I did not pull it out of where it is to check the btus. :)

Lighting

Has anyone thought about lighting? We need a few flood lamps. It kinda sucks being on a dark stage in the woods with bears all around.

dragonworks said:
Tom, the ac unit is twenty inches wide by fourteen inches high. I did not pull it out of where it is to check the btus. :)

I hope the service to the little house can support it :D

dragonworks said:

Well, by golly, that'll fit right in there. I'd say from the dimensions it's a 5000 or 6000 btu.. perfect for what we're looking for, which is keeping the coolest soundman around even cooler :)

jgourd said:
Has anyone thought about lighting? We need a few flood lamps. It kinda sucks being on a dark stage in the woods with bears all around.

I have a couple of those tripod mounted double halogen work lights, and a couple of halogens mounted on the shop facing the little house. Put it this way, there's more light than there was last year.

jgourd said:
I hope the service to the little house can support it :D

The service in the little house is... damn, I can't recall, but the wire I ran is good for 80 - 100 amps if I recall, and with the new transformer out on the pole that'll give us more than twice the juice that the old one was capable of, I think the weird electrical problems have been solved. The draw from the hot tub with the heater on, the A/C when the compressor kicks in, and the sound system all going at once might be near max, but it still should handle it. If not, there's two other 100 amp services in the basement that we can hook some outlets to and run extension cords across the driveway, but I really think We're in good shape on the juice issue. Put it this way, The time before last when I changed the water in the hot tub, I filled it and let it run to get the water heated up to remperature. There happened to be a minor leak so it was draining, but also I forgot I left the hose running in it to fill it. The loss and gain basically were equal and just kept the tub full, but the pump and heater were running for three days straight, which is a 50amp 220volt draw. I checked the feed wire in the ittle house to see if it was having a meltdown, but the wire was fine... a slight bit warmer than the surroundings, but no problem :)

Fmmahoganyrush said:
Well, by golly, that'll fit right in there. I'd say from the dimensions it's a 5000 or 6000 btu.. perfect for what we're looking for, which is keeping the coolest soundman around even cooler :)

I didn't know it was for JGourd, nevermind, I don't have no stinkiin AC unit

;)

There isn't any animosity! Jerry is HomeRec's George Carlin, that's all. :cool: His jokes have been flying over our heads - like the thing about putting everyone on his ignore list. Of course, don't tell him I said this. He can't read my posts.

jgourd said:
I do not know where the anomosity comes from Jerry. I have nothing but respect for you.

You've been around here long enough to know tht this is his way of saying that he loves you like brother ;) . You'ld know if you were on his bad side. Take me and him and the blue dog dish incident. I'm never going to live that down unless I find the dish, or have sex with him... and believe me, I'm turning the place upside-down looking for that dog dish :eek: ;) :D

dragonworks said:
I didn't know it was for JGourd, nevermind, I don't have no stinkiin AC unit

;)

Oh yeah, well, it's actually for Kathy and baby Katelyn... I haven't bothered getting the blood test results from you considering you did spend Memorial Day weekend here in 2003 :eek: and that is right around when the bun went into the oven ... and one of the baby's favorite things to do is "Whine, Whine, Whine"... coincidence? :eek:

Fmmahoganyrush said:
...Take me and him and the blue dog dish incident. I'm never going to live that down unless I find the dish, or have sex with him... and believe me, I'm turning the place upside-down looking for that dog dish :eek: ;) :D

Sounds like an emergency to me... :eek: I have an extra dog dish a carpenter left here ten years ago. It's out in the ferns somewhere. I'll try to find it. Sorry, DW, but it's not blue. It's kind of green though from all the moss. :D

Yeah,I know but in two years at the fests I have been too busy to actually develop a repore with him :D. This year I am going to make a point of meeting everyone. In fact I'll run around the fest with the wireless mic and interview everyone on the radio.

Remember, it'll be a bunch easier if we split FOH from the recording work. Slim and I can handle FOH easily and we can have a mixer out where the mics are. You take all the direct signal, we take all the splits. It's crazy to have you pulling two chains at a time. No fun for you at all!

Absolutley. I have 16 channels of mic splitter which should be enough. We aren't even going to have the two boards side by side. My Hammerfall rig is going to record and the those mic pres are feeding my 20 channel Mackie which is feeding the broadcast.

The FOH can be run by anyone who has a hankering for it. I'll do some FOH because I like to but I am hoping everyone gets a chance.

What I'd really like to do is cook but you guys have your signature dishes that I am looking forward to. and there are only 5 or 6 big meals that get cooked. Maybe next year there will be a younger guy who can handle the sound and I'll just bring my two track rig for the accousticians and my smoker to feed the masses. Hmm yum, fresh smoked ribs, salmon, turkey, etc.

Back