How much money do you have invested in your studio?

How much have you spent on your studio??

• $0-$500

Votes: 74 6.9%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 115 10.7%
  • $1001-$3000

Votes: 235 21.8%
  • $3001-$5000

Votes: 176 16.4%
  • $5001-$10,000

Votes: 180 16.7%
  • $10,001-$20,000

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • $20,001-$50,000

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • $50,000-$100,000

Votes: 29 2.7%
  • $100,001+

Votes: 23 2.1%
  • Can't say.... my wife might see this....

Votes: 33 3.1%

• Total voters
Oh, we're including the cost of the instruments too??!! Aye, caramba, I am at about $6,000 without them and I guess about $10,000 with them. If I added in every guitar and bass I ever bought and then let go, we'd be talkin' enough to finance a 401k plan!!

bilco

O.K. here's an update - I just went beyond the categories in this poll when I took delivery of this:

Attachments

• Elite.jpg
    Elite.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 141
Woooohoooo! Very nice. Uh, yeah, I think you've just graduated out of here.:D Or you now have one hell of a home studio.

Well, it is still a home studio (not open to the public & attached to my house), but I must say it's now better equiped than many commercial facilities I've been to. :D

Man looks awesome.

Speaking of my investment - me and my bandmate have barely spent more than 1000 bucks in our equipment. I have Roland multitrack recorder, Behringer 10-channel mixer, AKG condenser mike and that's about it. I need to get studio monitors but since I'm not mixing yet that's not the priority at the moment. What I can add is that I can achieve a better sound than when recording in my Pro-tools powered university studios which are of a $2mil value!

Geez - I posted in this thread over four years ago...

I hereby refuse to comment on the chance that my "office manager" (a.k.a. my "ex-girlfriend" a.k.a. "the Boss" a.k.a. my friggin' wife) sees this.

I hear you. It's just a lot safer if it is not a topic for discussion. At least it's a business for you, and you can mumble about tax deductions. For me it's just a hobby, albeit a pricey one.:D Sigh, I just bought another preamp too.

Since my last post, I've added an x-firewire card to the apogee rosetta 800, UAD Project pack, and a Gibson Hummingbird acoustic guitar. Got a great deal on the guitty though! Sooooo, another $2K into the hobby.

i hope i'm not the only person that lives in a shack, drives an 80s automobile, and has thousands of dollars of crap i don't need but can't live without.

brutha from anotha mutha.

I've never owned a vehicle in the decade it was made. But I really don't care. Even when I've gone months without touching my stuff the joy of knowing it's there makes up for owning a beater vehicle. Mainly the guitars. If I had to lose some of the recording gear I really wouldn't care too much.

I just...

I just cleared tax time in the green & turned around and spent $2760 on musical instruments and accessories for the family!

There went my "family economcal stimulus" money,... right to Musicians Friend!

God Bless America, George Bush, Musicians Friend and ME!:eek::rolleyes:

FYI, I got:...
(1) Soprano Sax
(1) Tenor Sax
(1) Violin
(1) Viola
(1) Clarinet
(1) Flute
(4) Hohner Melodicas
(4) Hohner Blues Band harmonicas
(4) Glockenspiel xylophone "bells"
(1) (Fancy) Glockenspiel xylophone "bells"
(1) Autoharp
(2) Korg CA30 chromatic tuners
(1) Tascam DP-02CF "Portastud"
(1) Tascam Fire-One Audio/Midi Firewire I/F
(20) XLR-XLR microphone cables
(4) Gibraltar Mic Clamps
(6) Packs of #2 & #3 reeds for Soprano Sax, Tenor Sax and Clarinet

Needless to say, my kids & I are thrilled! :eek:;)

Strike up the band! We're puttin' on a show!:eek::rolleyes:

Got e'thing delivered but awaiting the Soprano Sax and one more mic clamp, which both should be here tomorrow.:eek:;)

Another update:
Kawai EP2 stage piano, 2 UAD project packs and 2 UAD pci-e expert packs, a fishman acoustic gitt amp, about $4 k...there went the bonus!

Heh, heh,... yeah. Bonus.

The soprano sax and clarinet went on backorder, so I had to cancel those orders for the time being & recouped about 600 clams.

I am enjoying playing the tenor sax, and I already had an older clarinet, so that was just fun blowin'. The one I had trouble getting a sound out of was the flute. It took me a couple days just to get any sound out of the flute, whatsoever. Currently I'm at the "can barely get a sound out of it" stage on flute, and will be so until further notice.:eek:;)

I can sorta play the violin, but I'm nowhere near a real player. DavidK need not worry!

Here's My List of Goodies

List prices for all of the equipment are just about 20k.
Actual price paid via discount stores and eBay, about 15k

Each Instruments
1 2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio "Gothic" S/N 2621649
1 Kramer Barretta II w/Floyd Rose S/N S00105218
1 Takamine Acoustic/Electric EAN40C S/N N/A (B-Stock)
1 Ibanez SR 300 DX Bass. S/N 050207988

Equipment
1 Peavey 5150 120 Watt Amplifier
1 Marshall 1960 Lead Slanted 4X12 Cabinet
1 Boss BCB-3, 3-Pedal case
1 Quik-Lok 5 Guitar Stand
1 Quik-Lok 3 Guitar Stand
2 Tripod Microphone Stand
3 Short Microphone Stand
1 SKB 1200 12 Microphone ATA Case
1 Generic ATA Equipment Case

Speakers
2 Roland DS-8 Digital Studio Bi-Amp Monitor
1 M-Audio SBX Subwoofer
1 AKG K271 Monitor Headphones

Electronic Equipment
1 P-4 Based DAW
1 Dell 24" 2407WFP-HC Widescreen Monitor
1 Belkin UPS
1 M-Audio Omni I/O Dual Pre w/Delta 66 Sound Card
1 M-Audio DMP3 Dual Mic Pre
1 Line6 POD Xt Pro
1 BOSS CH-1 Stereo Chorus Pedal
1 BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal
1 BOSS TU-2 Tuner Pedal

Software
1 Steinberg Cubase SL 2.0
1 Steinberg Wavelab 5.0
1 Waves Platinum Bundle
1 Steinberg Groove Agent
1 Model Pack's for POD Xt Pro

Microphones
3 Shure Beta 57a
1 Shure Beta 58a
1 Shure KSM32
1 Shure KSM44
1 Shure SM58
2 Shure 515SB
1 Nady MPF-6 Pop Filter

Cables
5 Monster Cable SP1000 Mic Cable 5 feet
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Mic Cable 10 feet
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Mic Cable 20 feet
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Mic Cable 30 feet
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Instrument Cable 21 foot
2 Monster Cable SP1000 Instrument Cable 12 foot
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Instrument Cable 12 foot
2 Monster Cable SP1000 Instrument Cable 8 In.
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Speaker Cable 3 feet
1 Monster Cable SP1000 Speaker Cable 10 feet
1 Monster Cable M1000 Digital Interconnect 2 meter
2 Cobalt Cable "Ultimate" Instrument Cable 18 feet
2 6' TRS Interconnect Cable. (DMP3 to OMNI I/O.)

Gawd, man! You are an animal! Did you buy that all on one day???

Heh,... yeah right.

I love Ibanez basses! I have 3!!!:eek::eek::eek:;)

Damn, those Monster cables are Xpensive!:eek:;)

I just listed what I bought last month. This page doesn't have the megabytes to list my entire gear empire,... eh,... studio.:eek:;)

Nor do you have time to read it!:eek::eek:;)

DO THEY WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE STUFF IS WORTH ACCORDING TO THE SUGGESTED MANUFACTURERS RETAIL PRICE( which we never pay), OR WHAT I PAYED FOR IT OR WHAT IT'S WORTH NOW THAT I'VE TAKEN IT HOME AND IT IS SEVERELY DEPRECIATED? I MEAN SOME THINGS I GOT DIRT CHEAP BECAUSE I'M RECORDING ON A BUDGET, AIN'T WE ALL. ALSO I HAVE AN RE-20, AND A MD-421 I BOUGHT IN 1979, WHAT ARE THEY WORTH. WHEN MY WIFE AND I WERE BUYING OUR HOUSE SHE TURNED TO ME AND SAID " AND THIS ROOM WOULD MAKE A NICE STUDIO" go ahead guys, drool, there are girls out there who get it....HOW CAN I PUT A PRICE TAG ON LOVE?

What have I bought for the studio since 05/10/08?

In Jan 09, I bought another used Tascam 424mkIII for $90 (delivered) that needed a power module and a little DIY fixit work, but it's fine now. I fiddled with the tape mechanical innards & soldered the Line-Out jacks again. I had the 424mkIII power module extra & on hand from previously. I also bought about $300 worth of Type II cassette tape!:eek::eek:;)

Attachments

• Im003093a.jpg
    Im003093a.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 166
I have about 7k to spend and Ive gone through less than half of it....bought nearly all my hardware second hand except my mic and monitors...I wont be spending anymore until i get used to this stuff, its still early yet...biggest outlay was my DAW but went for the producer edition because of the extras/pugins and the fact I wont need to upgrade this eventually made the outley the correct thing to do..

By the way I have waves platinum edition but cant find the manual, whats a compressor?

only joking

I have about 7k to spend and Ive gone through less than half of it....bought nearly all my hardware second hand except my mic and monitors...I wont be spending anymore until i get used to this stuff, its still early yet...biggest outlay was my DAW but went for the producer edition because of the extras/pugins and the fact I wont need to upgrade this eventually made the outley the correct thing to do..

By the way I have waves platinum edition but cant find the manual, whats a compressor?

only joking

No, no, no. You are supposed to buy it first and then ask what it does and how to use it.

Back