How Many is Enough?

Just got 3 more pedals, 2 landmines, 1 distortion, the other a chorus, and a Wilson Effects "Haze" which is very cool.

My wife asked me why I need 4 distortion pedals and 3 chorus pedals, ect. ect. she don't under stand, do you?

My wife asked me why I need 4 distortion pedals and 3 chorus pedals, ect. ect. she don't under stand, do you?
sure ........ they all sound different and can do different things. Since I gig almost nightly I don't take more than'll fit on my medium sized pedalboard but personally, I need at least 2 distortions and they're usually double pedals where I have a choice of 3 or 4 distinct dist. sounds.
Chorus ........ I can get away with two mod effects ..... a chorus/flanger and a good rotary. And 'get away with' is the operative word. I could easily use more but I have a buttload of gear to load/unload each nite so I have to draw the line somewhere.
At home I have around 70 pedals. I like 'em all to varying degrees.

I love all my pedals, even the shitty ones.

Incidentally, Joe Chiccarelli (who has mixed Tori Amos, Etta James, Beck, U2, Zappa, Seger, etc.) uses cheap pedals in his mixes. So they're not just for guitar. :D

WTF that dude must really suck to get an applause for not playing. It was kind of funny though, was the performance suppose to be a commedy?

That was the most beautiful thing Cage ever did ! The rest of his stuff is awful. He plays in them !
Someone once said "Avant~garde is French for 'bullshit !'".

The audience in that Cage clip were a great advert for the wonders of drugs. Or a terrible advert for the downside of drugs ! Take your pick !!!

The audience in that Cage clip were a great advert for the wonders of drugs. Or a terrible advert for the downside of drugs ! Take your pick !!!

I think it more proves that if you wrap it up as avant garde or art you can sell any old sack of sh!t to pretentious wankers and then laugh all the way to the bank.
You can even buy the sheet music for this crap

Cage was very much into ambient sound. He loved all sounds equally. The point of 4'33" is for the audience to listen to themselves making noise.

The criticism of Cage was that he abdicated the responsibility of composer, not that he was pretentious. He would claim that traditional composition (and especially improvisation) were pretentious.

Loop back the output of the last pedal to the input of the first, then you don't even need a guitar or keyboard, just play the footswitches and knobs.

Back