Home Studio 2 Questions VST/Aux Busses

Zona Mona

Hi, I recently got HS2 and can't figure out the AUX bus effects thing, can someone please explain what they are and how they work? I can't get any help from the "help" in HS.

Also, I downloaded a VST reverb plugin and can't get the VST adapter to recognize it

Thanks

Zona Mona said:
Hi, I recently got HS2 and can't figure out the AUX bus effects thing, can someone please explain what they are and how they work? I can't get any help from the "help" in HS.

Also, I downloaded a VST reverb plugin and can't get the VST adapter to recognize it

Thanks
An Aux Bux is a "tap" off the track signal. Think of it like a "Y" where the signal is the base of the Y and then a portion of the signal is sent to the left branch of the Y (directly through the track and out to the Master Main), and another portion of the signal is sent to the right branch (Aux Bus), then out to the Master Main.

Of course, you can send multiple tracks to a single Aux Bus - which is one of the reasons for using it. This way you can place just one instance of an effect plugin on the Bus and use it for multiple tracks in order to reduce CPU overhead.

If you set the Bus send as "Post" fader, than any movement of the track fader will also affect the volume of the signal going to the Bus to keep your signals in ratio to each other.

An Aux Bus is normally used for spatial effects like reverb or delay, where you want a mixture of a dry (unaffected) and wet (affected) signal. Other type effects (e.g., compression) should be placed directly on the Track.

Zona Mona said:
yeah, but when it does the search in the directory i extracted it to, it doesn't see a plugin there
Got me. I thought the VST plugins were just .dll files.

Perhaps the .dll file is corrupted. Maybe try downloading again and reinstalling.

Back