Help Needed...

DABZ

hey everyone, i couldnt find the right section for this, but i thought this was the closest section, so sorry if its in the wrong forum.

so i got a little set up at home, but im experiencing problems.

heres my equip:

-SE Condenser Mic
-E-MU 1212M Soundcard
-Behringer Preamp VX2496
-Tascam US-122

First problem...

(not sure if its related to any of the above equip but...) ill click on a track...an mp3, wav... whatever, thats saved to my harddrive, so im just trying to click on a song or something and listen to it, but nothing comes out of my speakers? in cool edit pro... sound comes out, in fruity loops... sound comes out... but something trying to play in windows media player straight from the harddrive wont work... but it used to.

Second problem...

sound comes out of the multitrack view on cool edit pro... but in single view no sound comes out.

Third problem...

i try recording with the mic, but its not picking up anything.

-----------------------

all these problems started when i got the soundcard...

heres how my set up, is set up:

Mic > Preamp > Tascam > Soundcard

and ive tried it this way too: Mic > Preamp > Soundcard (cutting out the tascam) but it doesnt work.

ive gone through settings and clicked it so that its on the soundcard, ive tried every possible thing i can think of.

can anyone help?

thanks in advance.

Sound probs

Howdy,

You will need to disable your built in computer soundcard in order to use the 1212. You have a conflict with your audio.

For Win XP:

Go to Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware Tab>Device Manager

Look for audio devices......with your emu 1212 on, look for the other audio device, ie; realtek AC97 Audio, or whatever is built into your computer....

Double click on it and disable this device. It may ask you to restart. Do this and your computer should recognise your 1212 as the default device.

this should do the trick. Also, I highly recommend the ASIO4ALL V2 asio manager you can download for free. Do a search online for this....don't remember where I got it......sorry...........but anyway, I keep this on my desktop to make sure everything with my audio interfaces (all MOTU Stuff) and asio format is what I want before I open any programs. You can turn ins and outs on/off with this too.
Hope I've helped, Mike

thanks man, ill try that out now, the ASIO thing you just mentioned, is that the PatchMix DSP? because i have that, but i dont know the settings for it!

Back