General compliment to the helpful folk here

RFR

Being new to the Daw world (long time analog only) I am just only about a week or so into protools and reaper.

I find the learning curve very very steep with an incredible ammout of terminology.

As I'm slowly grasping some basics, terms that might as well have been in an alien tongue, are at least becoming familiar to me even if I dont really know what they mean.

What was previously a complete blindness has been replaced with some vision even though foggy.

Anyway, there are a lot of you here who have climbed that hill and have a clear view of the landscape.

My hat's off to you all. There are some people here who really know their shit and are willing to share hard won knowledge.

I thank you all.
:D

Yup. Analog going back to the early 80s. I dabbled with computers breifly early on. It was a horrible experience. Back in the commodore 64 era.:laughings:

Necessity has forced my hand. Thanks any help with PT is apreciated.

Anyway, there are a lot of you here who have climbed that hill and have a clear view of the landscape.

My hat's off to you all...

With the rate technology advances that hill is a stair step machine. [point being - we'll never get to the 'top' :p ]

When I found this place 16 years ago it was the ONLY resource of knowledge to be found ANYWHERE for computer based recording. I can't begin to tell you how much cash I laid out, how many interfaces I went through, how much bad advice/no advice from local shops at the time. Not only the anxiety of trying to learn the platforms but fighting hardware/computer compatibility issues THAT NO ONE COULD SEEM TO HELP YOU WITH. Then there was this place.....

When I started reading here about all the computer stuff with recording I bought a Boss stand-alone recorder!
So 2 years later, I did much more reading - including 90% of the Reaper manual. I highly recommend it!

Back