Fast Track Solo And Rode NT1-A Microphone Problem

nt1a

Banned

I've owned three NT1-A microphones. The first one I had years ago worked fine on my Roland Quad-Capture audio interface. The past year I've used a AVID Fast Track Solo instead. I Have two different NT1-As now. The original that worked fine is gone. Both my current NT1-As have issues with the Fast Track Solo. They both make a rattling metallic ringing sound if I touch them, shake them, blow into them, get slightly loud, etc. It's near impossible to make clean recordings unless I speak softly otherwise it will make the vibrating metallic ringing sound. If I touch the mic cable, mic stand, shock mount, or even hover my hand over the mic it will begin making the ringing sound. One interesting thing I recently noticed is for a minute or so after turning on phantom power the mics function better sometimes without any ringing but after a few minutes of phantom power being on they have the issue. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new audio interface? Other condenser mics seem to work without issue like the Behringer B-1 and CAD M179 with the Fast Track Solo.

sigh im screwed... ill have to save for a new interface cause idk what better mic to get. besides selling it and trying a mxl 990 =(

I have to say, that sound more like a microphone issue than the Fast Track. Even Rode mics can develop faults. Especially as other mics work okay, if you have a Rode dealer/distributor nearby, (or just somebody who knows electronics) I'd have that checked out before changing the interface.

I have to say, that sound more like a microphone issue than the Fast Track. Even Rode mics can develop faults. Especially as other mics work okay, if you have a Rode dealer/distributor nearby, (or just somebody who knows electronics) I'd have that checked out before changing the interface.
theyre both used mics so i dont know. i cant even find someone with similar problem as me.

Back