Eclipse of My Mind

I do. I buy cds all the time. That and vinyl. If i like it and it's in a physical format, I'll buy it.
And if you put out a physical cd, I'll buy that too. But only if the rubber dummy man is on the cover. :D
He deserves to be on the cover. I beat the shit out of him on a regular basis. :eek:

You're the exception when it comes still buying music. The music industry killed itself. Nobody buys CD's. 2014 had ONE platinum record, and that took until November, and it was Taylor Swift. That's it, nobody else.

Check this out. It was written in October of 2014, before she went platinum.

Forbes Welcome

I meant to get to this when you posted the link in the Toan Thread, but the last day or so, I've been feeling like pure shit, so I've just laid around...Sorry dude...

No nits really dude, as usual, I think everything sounds great. The vocals just work for this song to me, period. Wish I had half the singing ability you do man, really...

One suggestion for the guitars is maybe automate a phase/flanger in spots to give it a little contrast. I'm talking about the little lead licks under the verses, maybe stick a little fx there during the 2nd verse, & maybe at the end where the same guitar is doing those licks...Just a suggestion, but you gotta remember I'm lost in the 80's dude, so fx are a big part of guitar sounds for me...

You keep mentioning the egyptian/middle eastern sound/theme on the lead guitar, but IMO it fits because you keep mentioning war in the lyrics, so it just fits with the times to me...It works dude...

Sounds great dude, another clip for my "RAMI" folder...:)

I meant to get to this when you posted the link in the Toan Thread, but the last day or so, I've been feeling like pure shit, so I've just laid around...Sorry dude...

No nits really dude, as usual, I think everything sounds great. The vocals just work for this song to me, period. Wish I had half the singing ability you do man, really...

One suggestion for the guitars is maybe automate a phase/flanger in spots to give it a little contrast. I'm talking about the little lead licks under the verses, maybe stick a little fx there during the 2nd verse, & maybe at the end where the same guitar is doing those licks...Just a suggestion, but you gotta remember I'm lost in the 80's dude, so fx are a big part of guitar sounds for me...

You keep mentioning the egyptian/middle eastern sound/theme on the lead guitar, but IMO it fits because you keep mentioning war in the lyrics, so it just fits with the times to me...It works dude...

Sounds great dude, another clip for my "RAMI" folder...:)

Haven't been around for a few days. Sorry about that.

Thanx a lot Miner. I usually would cringe at the flanger/phaser idea, but I can actually sort of see it working for that part. I might try it if I ever get around to re-working this tune. Thanx man. :cool:

Haven't been around for a few days. Sorry about that.

Thanx a lot Miner. I usually would cringe at the flanger/phaser idea, but I can actually sort of see it working for that part. I might try it if I ever get around to re-working this tune. Thanx man. :cool:

The whole song works as it is man, but you gotta remember I'm lost in the 80's metal stuff with lots of effects on the guitars....:D

I like the octave vocal. Haven't read other's comments. But it was cool to me. Harmony vocals are nice.

I thought the bass was nice. Lot's of power.

Drums have great pop and power too.

I guess the only thing that I think doesn't sound excellent are the guitars. I can't put my finger on it. But they're just kind of "there." They sound cool at around 2:35 when they're sort of on their own. Not that the gutiars sound bad. It's just that they're not awesome.

Now that I'm listening more, I guess that guitar riff is growing on me.

Overall, tho it sounds terrific.

Not that the gutiars sound bad. It's just that they're not awesome.

Shit. You're on to me. You see, if I made everything awesome, then nothing would be awesome. Awesomeness needs contrast. Next tune, I'll make something else not awesome so that the guitars sound awesome.

You're hip to my shit and wise to my jive. :D

Cool to hear with vocs, man. Drums are killer. The toms have really great depth. Snare is nice and snappy.

Overall vibe that I am getting is that there is a little bit of excess ultra lows that could be cut a little (I'm extremely sensitive to this area right now because I pretty recently did a very bad job in this region on a mix), there's a touch of a cloudy buildup somewhere between 300 - 500 or so, and there is some harshness in the 2 - 3 k area with the vocals, whereas the guitars would gain clarity if they came up in that region a little.

Anything I'm mentioning is quite slight and potentially subjective depending on whether you are going for something that leans a little darker vs having a little more openness to it. We are talking about broad curves of 1 or 2 dB. That's just how it is translating in my room and I haven't really seen any other similar comments, so maybe just take a listen in your space with these things in mind to see if they match up at all with what you're hearing in your space.

The mix is big and clear and sounds great in general. Very nice job man. Love the tune. Very creative stuff. I just listened at least 7 or 8 times while writing this and I'll be back for more.

Cool to hear with vocs, man.
Cool. Right, I forgot that I had sent you this before the vocals.

Overall vibe that I am getting is that there is a little bit of excess ultra lows that could be cut a little (I'm extremely sensitive to this area right now because I pretty recently did a very bad job in this region on a mix), there's a touch of a cloudy buildup somewhere between 300 - 500 or so,
Is this where I'm supposed to do what others do around here and argue with you??? Make excuses???? Tell you that "I meant to do that so, thanx for the compliment"? :D No, seriously, I will look into that. Do you hear it pretty much throughout the tune, or mostly where I'm playing a lot of toms in the "Arabic" sounding part? I'd like to clean that up.

there is some harshness in the 2 - 3 k area with the vocals
OK, that might just be my voice, but I'll try to cut some of that. I have an annoying, nasally frequency to my voice that I've never liked.

I really appreciate the detailed comments, man. That's what I need. :cool:

Last edited:
Cool. Right, I forgot that I had sent you this before the vocals.

Is this where I'm supposed to do what others do around here and argue with you??? Make excuses???? Tell you that "I meant to do that so, thanx for the compliment"? :D No, seriously, I will look into that. Do you hear it pretty much throughout the tune, or mostly where I'm playing a lot of toms in the "Arabic" sounding part? I'd like to clean that up.

OK, that might just be my voice, but I'll try to cut some of that. I have an annoying, nasally frequency to my voice that I've never liked.

I really appreciate the detailed comments, man. That's what I need. :cool:

LOL... I was going to tell you that your snare is too loud :D

Cloudy sense is throughout the tune, not just the cocked wah parts. What sounds "cloudy" to me in my room might sound like perfect "weight" in someone else's room so maybe it's just a translation thing. It's not an overbearing sense that I am getting either. Just a bit. When your mixes sound as high quality as yours, those little things start to matter a little though.

LOL... I was going to tell you that your snare is too loud :D
Are you serious, or joking? I'm all paranoid now. :eek: :D

Cloudy sense is throughout the tune, not just the cocked wah parts. What sounds "cloudy" to me in my room might sound like perfect "weight" in someone else's room so maybe it's just a translation thing. It's not an overbearing sense that I am getting either. Just a bit. When your mixes sound as high quality as yours, those little things start to matter a little though.
OK man, thank you. I had a sense of something just not being as clear about this tune as it could be, so I'm going to investigate. The only thing that can be causing that is my bass/kik, one or both of them. My guitars are pretty thin, if anything, so it's not them. I might just be using too boomy a bass sound. I want this to be better. I really appreciate that. Thanx man. :)

Seriously love the song, dude. Guitar lick is killer. Words are just surreal. "Walking wide asleep" Unique and catchy.
In Christianity we don't call this kissing butt. We call it giving honor where honor is due. :D

Seriously love the song, dude. Guitar lick is killer. Words are just surreal. "Walking wide asleep" Unique and catchy.
In Christianity we don't call this kissing butt. We call it giving honor where honor is due. :D

Well, thanx a lot brother. I really appreciate that.

I don't discuss them, but I take pride in my lyrics. I think they're usually pretty cool.

In Dyslexia, we say "Dog bless you". :)

Last edited:
Very tight sound, particularly the kit. Lots of dynamic and instrumental variation, which makes it exciting and interesting to listen to. The mix of different vocal styles adds to the interest. The octave vocals are great.

Another great song and a masterful contribution.

I did enjoy the essence of Arabia in the introduction and the outro . . . but, just to be provocative, it would have been neat to have lost a beat out of very second bar in these bits to create a 7/4. This would have added to the exotic sound, and satisfied my thirst for unusual time signatures.

Love it. Dig the guitar. Great tone. Nice break down. Every thing is sitting well on my system, cranked 3/4th's the way up.

Thanx Fuzzy. I got work on getting you to crank up the other 1/4. Next tune, I promise. :)

---------- Update ----------

Very tight sound, particularly the kit. Lots of dynamic and instrumental variation, which makes it exciting and interesting to listen to. The mix of different vocal styles adds to the interest. The octave vocals are great.

Another great song and a masterful contribution.

I did enjoy the essence of Arabia in the introduction and the outro . . . but, just to be provocative, it would have been neat to have lost a beat out of very second bar in these bits to create a 7/4. This would have added to the exotic sound, and satisfied my thirst for unusual time signatures.

Thanx a lot Gecko. :cool:

I think all this talk of odd time signatures is making us all a little nuts. :D

Back