DELTA 44s

Bdrum

OK, I have three delta44s going into my mx400 running
cubase.I've been told that I may eventually have some sync. problems with each one having their own internal clock? I haven't had any problems that I've noticed.
Should I get two66 or find a twelve channel rack mount? This is mainly a drum set up. Thanks BD

playing back tracks they won't have any problems. Recording on all 3 at the same time is a different issue. On the BEST of motherboards with the best processor you can afford you may have minimal drift, you may have none, but you may have just enough to make simple multitrack recording nul and void.

the 44 was designed as a stand alone recording card. sell all 3 and get a 1010 or two 66s you can sync together via S/PDIF

Other people will tell you to ditch the M-Audio cards and go with something else. I use a Delta 1010 and two Delta 410s. one is balanced the 410s are unbalanced but being careful I can match these to give me 12in/24out for a fraction of the cost of many other cards.

It's about what works for you in your price range and I see no better place to start than the m-audio cards

good luck

Alec
happy m-audio user

I emails M-Audio about this, & they replied:

"However, they still may work together by using the “Multiple Card Sync” option under the Hardware settings tab of the Delta control panel."

Have you tried recording yet? Let us know how you go

Thanks

I'm working with NL5 so any mix would show up on his.
I've ran eight so far and haven't had any glitches ...YET :eek:

Bulls Hit said:
I emails M-Audio about this, & they replied:

"However, they still may work together by using the “Multiple Card Sync” option under the Hardware settings tab of the Delta control panel."

Have you tried recording yet? Let us know how you go

So they are syncing then, right?

The drums on the following track were done on two deltas at one time -

It's still a rough mix, but I don't notice any issues from the two cards being used.

Thanks Again

Bulls Hit said:
You mean 8 inputs from 2 44s?

That's pretty good

Thanks Bulls Hit for the Help!
Like I said I'm running into a mx400 soooo...
I'm looking at a m-audio 24/96.$500?
Maybe used for less :)

Back