DAW Users With ADD

I just a letter from the IRS telling me I owe them $700 on my 2006 taxes. :mad: Isn't Obama supposed to be lowering our taxes?

Anyway, in looking over the details, it appears they are right, but nice timing, guys! Merry Fk'ing Christmas. :mad:

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away;)

Along with robbing b*****d IRS people:eek: :mad::mad::mad:

It gives me great pleasure every year to make a claim on my taxes as I always pay more than I should because of allowances and stuff that I can't balance until the tax year end. The IRS cheque I get as a result gives me a great big smile :D Even if it was for $1 I would still be happy;)

Freezing cold here but no snow to talk of yet.:( Bring it on :cool::cool:

Wifey and I dressed the house with Christmas decorations this weekend and broke the back of the major Christmas shopping which was surprisingly hassle free and actually enjoyable, interspersed as it was with frequent breaks for coffee, hot mulled wine and delicatessen tastings. ;)

It's worth getting in early just to avoid the crush. And to cap a very relaxing weekend, my beloved Aston Villa FC this afternoon won 2-3 against Everton with a goal right at the stroke of full time:D:D:D

This week I have nothing particularly planned so I might do some guitar playing, recording and field photography ;)

OTOH, I might just take it easy:D

What do you get when you add Philadelphia to eleven and one????

11 and 2

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The dopes could have clinched the division AND a first round bye with a win today. I guess the Burress fiasco finally caught up with them. Hopefully it's just a one week sidetrack. :o

What do you get when you add Philadelphia to eleven and one????

11 and 2

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The dopes could have clinched the division AND a first round bye with a win today. I guess the Burress fiasco finally caught up with them. Hopefully it's just a one week sidetrack. :o
Wow....that's horrible.:rolleyes:

In the meantime I think I'll start checking out next years draft.:(The Packers must lead the league in losing in the last two minutes.:mad:

Recital
Tonight it's my son's,tomorrow my daughters,in a week it'll be the "holiday" concert.It gets less painful as time goes on.

Let it rain
As long as it's not snow I'm happy.It could very easily turn to snow though....:eek::eek::eek:

LATER!!!

Wow....that's horrible.:rolleyes:

They ended up clinching anyway... thanks to the Cowgirls. :p :p :p

NY GIANTS
2008 NFC East Division Champs!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Children
Yesterday was my son's birthday. However, I haven't seen him since Friday morning. :confused:

Does that mean I get to return his present? ;)

Recital
Tonight it's my son's,tomorrow my daughters,in a week it'll be the "holiday" concert.It gets less painful as time goes on.LATER!!!

It gets even lesss painful when you don't have to go at all.:eek: Apart from when they were very small, I don't miss the annual ritual of school concerts - except the bit when our kids had the lead parts. ;)

Also, this "Happy Holiday" crap - where did that come from????? :confused: I live close to two cities that have a very high ethnic mix - Leicester and Birmingham. Mainly Indian and Pakistani with a lot of Chinese and West Indies people as well. And our town councils celebrate all their holidays too - so Festival of Light for Hindu's (Diwali) and Eid for Muslims for example. Chinese New Year is also a big one.

It makes for more fun for everyone and takes away much of the tension that exists between the various sections of society. It also means that we have a great selection of restaurants to enjoy!:) All this nonesense about offending Jews/Muslims/Hindu's by wishing them a Happy Christmas is complete bollocks :(

Rant over.:)

Here's some politically correct humor for you:
http://cid-fb9221349a5a2cf2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/12-11-06christmasstamps.wmv

Not sure if you'll have to download it, but it's worth it. (Plus it will let me check out how well this skydrive thing works.)

EDIT: Looks like you just have to click on the "movie" icon and it will ask you whether you want to open it or save it.

Brilliant, absolutely priceless, funniest thing I have seen and heard in ages. :D:D Who is this guy? Does he have a web site?

Many thanks Mike.:D

Brilliant, absolutely priceless, funniest thing I have seen and heard in ages. :D:D Who is this guy? Does he have a web site?
He's known as the Kid from Brooklyn, or the Big Guy from Brooklyn. I only know him from clips like this one that get forwarded to me via e-mails. I thought you might enjoy this one based on your PC rant.

I just Googled him and apparently he does have a web site: http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/
However, it looks like he's trying to make a buck off his cult status and he's charging for membership to his web site. :rolleyes:

You might be better just going to Youtube and searching on The Kid From Brooklyn.

BTW, I probably should have mentioned that you need to listen with the sound on and the kids removed from the room. :D

BTW2, it looks like that Skydrive thing works. I was trying to think of a way I could share this video with you guys, and couldn't come up with anything. Then I remembered Skydrive. It might actually come in handy for a few things. :)

Whilst I sit twiddling my thumbs all day, it occured to me that I might like to have a go at making my own guitar from a kit, so I have bought myself a SAGA Stratocaster kit, which got delivered today. I must say, on inspection it looks okay; nice rosewood fretboard and well finished body.

I have bought Dakota Red spray paint to finish it along with a slightly coloured clearcoat for the neck, which provides for a vintage look.

I'll let you know how I get on with it.:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAGA-ST-10-DI...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:2|240:1318

Last edited:
Whilst I sit twiddling my thumbs all day, it occured to me that I might like to have a go at making my own guitar from a kit, so I have bought myself a SAGA Stratocaster kit, which got delivered today. I must say, on inspection it looks okay; nice rosewood fretboard and well finished body.

I have bought Dakota Red spray paint to finish it along with a slightly coloured clearcoat for the neck, which provides for a vintage look.

I'll let you know how I get on with it.:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAGA-ST-10-DI...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:2|240:1318
I would've gone for a hardtail,trems aren't my thing.I've checked out the Carvin kits but I've got as much time as I've got money so it's going to have to wait in the someday pile.

It gets even lesss painful when you don't have to go at all. Apart from when they were very small, I don't miss the annual ritual of school concerts - except the bit when our kids had the lead parts.
The daughter's concert was postphoned due to snow but I was quite impressed by the high school band.Cudahy HS kind of hangs their hat on the music department.

BTW2, it looks like that Skydrive thing works. I was trying to think of a way I could share this video with you guys, and couldn't come up with anything. Then I remembered Skydrive. It might actually come in handy for a few things.
I might try it as well.I like to maybe do a cover and Nowhere radio won't allow it.

Yesterday was my son's birthday. However, I haven't seen him since Friday morning.

Does that mean I get to return his present?
My birthday is a week away.....:D

Is on the list......

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 8,216
User Name Posts
dachay2tnr 2,679
acidrock 2,353
Paul881 1,809
ChuckU 459
Dogman 222
noisedude 132
James Argo 84
moskus 59
Gorty 54
Barometer 38
MISTERQCUE 34
beezelbubba 16
Kramer 15
timmerman 14
jcmm 12
The Ghost of FM 10
zed32 8
Sky Blue Lou 8
Mrs Dogman 7
dafduc 7
drstawl 6
chrisharris 6
Clemie 6
hixmix 5
gvarko 5
Greg_L 5
Jamal Bucket 5
dragonworks 5
monty 5
Khompewtur 4
gbondo9 4
junplugged 4
Son of Mixerman 4
Slowrider 3
Buck62 3
TeyshaBlue 3
Erik713 3
maltobello 3
Mustafa Salaam 3
espskully 3
Toki987 3
true-eurt 3
ridgeback 3
Rokket 3
participant 3
Nick The Man 3
ambi 2
Brad 2
tjohnston 2
60's guy 2
SoundofMind 2
Doug H 2
Nilbog 2
LemonTree 2
castlerock 2
The Doctor 2
shackrock 2
JMarcomb 2
Rusty K 2
regebro 2
subtractor 2
thane1200 2
nave 2
Crumbles 2
Fela 2
Cuzme 2
TerraMortim 2
Turnip 2
Charva 2
PhilGood 2
Sirnothingness 2
Jack Russell 2
lucky13 2
AlChuck 1
notbradsohner 1
Freudian Slip 1
Fmmahoganyrush 1
Qwerty 1
BushTheChrist 1
capnkid 1
rats 1
Folkie 1
c7sus 1
Dumby 1
djc 1
dgatwood 1
rustyfingers 1
Cyrokk 1
jonnyc 1
Phyl 1
Slackmaster2K 1
Grey Angel 1
32-20-Blues 1
cominginsecond 1
H2oskiphil 1
lbanks 1
Aidnas 1
joro 1
cellardweller 1
SuperGeek 1
smellyfuzz 1
crosstudio 1
Jimbo Jones 1
mandocaster 1
Obi-Wan zenabI 1
Buffalo Bob 1
WillWork4Pussy 1
David 1
Kelly5150 1
SnakeDog5050 1
Badger 1
Derek Verner 1

LATER!!!

It's a while since I've done this, but seeing as I'm here and I still have the benefit of Greenwich Mean Time .........

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

:cool:

Back