DAW Users With ADD

Just on a whim I was looking around at LCD monitors. I haven't priced them lately and figured I'd see if the prices had come down any.

I found a 19" LCD widescreen monitor at Newegg for $89.99 (after rebate).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236027

Man, that is dirt cheap and has me awfully tempted. We are using dual CRT's in our studio, and the desktop real estate they take up is getting very annoying.

Of course now I have to figure out how to convince the "boys" that we need this. :(

I wasn't forward thinking enough to get dual video on my graphics card,but I don't have a lot of room either.If LCDs come down anynore I might consider a single large screen.:cool:

I've been cyber shopping all day.:DThere are going to be some great deals tomorrow on the internet.MF has 15 mo free interest,I'm loading up.:D

I'ver got to start cooking/football watching.:)

Here's another find:
http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...e.com/home.aspx?provision=1&lc=1033&id=250206

This is a web site run by Microsoft that lets you store files (50 mb max ea., up to 5 gb in total). You can use it to keep backup copies of important files you have on your PC.

However, it also allows you to give access to some of these files to other people. So I was thinking it could be a great way to share music files for collaboration projects. Sure beats e-mail for large files (and many e-mail servers have smaller file limits anyway).

Football
Anybody in need of a head case, petulant, morale-killing, wide receiver with a gun shot wound in his leg?? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Black Friday Specials

Saw a GPS on sale for $79. These things have always intrigued me, but I don't travel enough to spend a couple hundred bucks on one. However, I might take a plunge at this price.

I'm thinking to give me something to do I might just drive to various places I don't know, and hit the home button. :D :D

Do you use one AR? Do cow pastures show up on it? :p :p

Food - If the Pilgrims left the UK to escape English cooking, they sure as hell would not have chosen to go to the USA :p (except for Clam Chowder;))

GPS - I use it all the time to tell me where I am or how to get where I'm going. Its another lazy mans tool ;) Except that it always chooses a route that isn't optimum, so it needs careful use. Best used with a thing called a map.:D

Shopping I spent all day surfing the net, shopping for Christmas:D I bought myself some really cool presents. ;) And my daughter called this afternoon to say her boyfriend is buying her a Mac notebook and Logic Pro for her music work :eek: He must have more money than sense :rolleyes:

Work Going for a few interviews and chasing down a few opportunities, but I do love staying at home on full pay. I can recommend it :cool:

Laters !!!

Work Going for a few interviews and chasing down a few opportunities, but I do love staying at home on full pay. I can recommend it :cool:

Did I miss a chapter? I thought your boss told you to go home until they got some reorganization accomplished. Did you not survive the reorg? Why are you going on interviews?

And if you're home on paid leave, why aren't you posting more. :)

Did I miss a chapter? I thought your boss told you to go home until they got some reorganization accomplished. Did you not survive the reorg? Why are you going on interviews?

And if you're home on paid leave, why aren't you posting more. :)

Yeah, well, I don't like their idea of a restructure as it affects me so I have legally agreed a parting of the ways with them so that they have to pay me until July 2009. :eek:

This was not what my boss wanted - he is absolutely livid with rage that I didn't just roll over in July but he reckoned without my knowledge of UK employment law, my contract of employment and me taking a very tough stance and having the will, patience and means to force the company to honour their legal and moral commitments.

Meantime, I am working as a consultant and earning a few $'s whilst considering what I do next ;).

This whole episode has been the most surreal experience of my working life:)

Oh well, what don't kill you makes you stronger ;)

:)

Here's another find:
http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...e.com/home.aspx?provision=1&lc=1033&id=250206

This is a web site run by Microsoft that lets you store files (50 mb max ea., up to 5 gb in total). You can use it to keep backup copies of important files you have on your PC.

What's the catch?
This is free?:confused:
50mb will get you a 24 bit wave file,but not a whole project,unless it's really small.:D

GPS
Do you use one AR? Do cow pastures show up on it?
As a matter of fact a lot of places I work aren't on the map yet.:eek:New industrial parks,new subdivisions and private roads.
I use maps and lots of them.One of my pet peeves is people who can't read maps,now with GPSs that group is going to get a lot bigger.

Shopping
I bought myself.....
12 sets electric strings
10 sets acoustic strings
2 sets bass strings
2 sets lap steel strings(I've got to learn how to play those things some day)
2 sets acoustic twelve string
1 set electric twelve string
2 harmonica reeds
another set of headphones
and......
a Danelectro Free Speech box.:cool:
I really wanted something nice but the big screen put a pin in that baloon.:rolleyes:

Also I got into another one of those group software buys.:oBecause there's nothing I need more than yet another sampler that I never use.:DI just like playing around with them and listening to the samples.

her boyfriend is buying her a Mac notebook and Logic Pro for her music work

I guess the self proclaimed salesman couldn't sell her on SONAR,eh?:confused::rolleyes::p:D

I guess they're all the same at the end of the day.

Work
It sucks!:DEspecially when it's a winter wonderland outside.Snow is better appreciated being viewed through a window from the great indoors.

Oh yeah,I got a raise.:cool:Not a buying a new house,boat or even guitar raise.Just a breathing room raise.:)

LATER!!!

What's the catch?
50mb will get you a 24 bit wave file,but not a whole project,unless it's really small.:D

Yeah, it's free. No catch as far as I can tell.

I wasn't thinking of using it for posting entire projects. More for file swapping purposes. Can't beat the price. :)

Congrats on the raise. I don't think I'm getting one this year. :( :(
(unless you count social security - which I qualify for in another 11 months). :D

The Dachays
We worked out with another guitar player last week. The guy is pretty good. Plays a strat. We ran through 15-20 of the songs we do. I don't think he had ever played most of them before, but he really added something to a few of them. I'm guessing if he actually learned them, he could raise our game several notches.

The only real negative is that he is an alcoholic (but not currently drinking), and he is on some type of psychological medication. A bit of a space cadet.

In the meantime I am starting to get the sense our drummer is getting ready to pack it in. Nothing concrete... just a feeling. Not quite sure how we'd react to that. Since we don't actually play anywhere except my basement, I'm guessing we would probably just continue on without him. I doubt we'd try and replace him - although I could see us possibly replacing him with another instrument - say, for ex., the guitar player I mentioned above. :cool: :cool:

GPS

As a matter of fact a lot of places I work aren't on the map yet.:eek:New industrial parks,new subdivisions and private roads.
I use maps and lots of them.

I don't understand how something is on a map, but not in a GPS. Wouldn't you think the GPS would be the most current - since that's a lot easier to update than something that is printed. :confused:

Anyway, I dropped a hint to my kids, so I might be getting one for Christmas. That should make it a bit easier for me to find your house for the big Christmas party, AR. :D

I don't understand how something is on a map, but not in a GPS. Wouldn't you think the GPS would be the most current - since that's a lot easier to update than something that is printed.

I never said it was on the map,usually we get special instructions.For all I know they may have new streets and private roads on a GPS.I guess I view a map as failsafe.

I'll check into an account there,assuming you can post any file extension it may be a good spot for photos or school projects too.

What's the catch?
Actually now that I think about, you could do an entire project. The 50 mb limit is for individual files. However, you can store up to 5 gb in total. So if you kept the wave files separate and used a project file format (.cwp), you could post an entire project.

You just wouldn't be able to use the bundle (.cwb) format.

I guess the self proclaimed salesman couldn't sell her on SONAR,eh?:confused::rolleyes::p:D

I guess they're all the same at the end of the day.

[LATER!!!

It was her college that decided it - it has to be either Logic, Cubase or Pro-Tools otherwise they won't (can't) mark her course work. :( Composite data files have to be submitted so that rules out anything that the college can't read from.

Morning boys
and girls.
It's been a hectic week,We're busy at work and it's either been snowing or very cold.The high yesterday was 21 and it was 12 when I got home.As I look out the window I see I have to shovel again.:(This is the second year in a row we've gotten an early winter.:mad:

Work
The boss says we have work through January but after that things might get thin.I don't mind work being sparse in February.;)

Today
I've got a small job of my own I'll take the kids with me and let them wait in the truck while I do it and then we'll go out to lunch.I probably should start shopping for the wife's present.:D

It was her college that decided it - it has to be either Logic, Cubase or Pro-Tools otherwise they won't (can't) mark her course work. Composite data files have to be submitted so that rules out anything that the college can't read from.
I knew there was a perfectly good explanation for this.:D

Plaxico
After his suspension he was begging the Giants to give him another shot.:D

LATER!!!

I probably should start shopping for the wife's present.:D

And mine!! :mad: :mad:

There's less than 3 weeks left, and what with the shipping and all. :D

IRS
I just a letter from the IRS telling me I owe them $700 on my 2006 taxes. :mad: Isn't Obama supposed to be lowering our taxes?

Anyway, in looking over the details, it appears they are right, but nice timing, guys! Merry Fk'ing Christmas. :mad:

Back