DAW Users With ADD

Reading that article just proves that organized religions suck so bad. Everybody trying to force their beliefs down everybody's throat. God gets a kick out of all the stupidity. :mad:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and a happy new year! :)

All the presents are unwrapped and all I have to do is stay out of the way for the rest of the day. :cool:
I've got a prime rib to roast today,and I made seafood chowder yesterday.Man can not live on Christmas cookies alone. :D

PCism in my parts is all but gone,except for the most introverted government agencies.I believe PCism to be the 'kings clothes" of the last decade,people would try to reassure you that it was working,even though you could clearly see that it's not. :rolleyes: IMHO kind of like modern art,if you don't agree that it's good,you must be intelectually challenged :rolleyes: .

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and a happy new year! :)

All the presents are unwrapped and all I have to do is stay out of the way for the rest of the day. :cool:
Christmas at the Binder residence:

My son is here. In bed. Where he will probably remain until 2:00 or 3:00. Quite a difference from when he was six and up at 3:30 in the morning. :rolleyes:

He broke up with his girlfriend last week. I asked him if that was a preemptive strike to avoid a Christmas present. (Not that I would know anything about that. ;) )

My daughter is scheduled to stop here around 2:00, on her way to my ex's brother's house (i.e., her uncle's). She'll probably stay here just about long enough to open her presents. She's bringing her boyfriend, but he's a Cowboy's fan, so I don't talk to him.

I'm making baked Ziti and garlic bread, with a nice salad on the side. Not very Christmassy, but easy. :D

I figure I'll be in the wine by 1:00 PM. :eek:

acidrock said:
So did you get it? :confused:

The neck plate and the case are sharp.If I didn't have a MIJ strat,I'd jump on one of these. :cool:

I'm betting the MIM version is not to bad either. ;)
Yeah, maybe, but I like the three tone colour of the MIA one better ;) And no, I didn't get it cuz I am having to wait to see what my annual bonus looks like - sometime around March :( As mentioned above, with two kids going through College, we have had to tighten our belts this Christmas :(

acidrock said:
PCism in my parts is all but gone,except for the most introverted government agencies.I believe PCism to be the 'kings clothes" of the last decade,people would try to reassure you that it was working,even though you could clearly see that it's not. :rolleyes: IMHO kind of like modern art,if you don't agree that it's good,you must be intelectually challenged :rolleyes:

Well put, absolutely spot on ;)
:)

dachay2tnr said:

My son is here. In bed. Where he will probably remain until 2:00 or 3:00. Quite a difference from when he was six and up at 3:30 in the morning. :rolleyes:

He broke up with his girlfriend last week. I asked him if that was a preemptive strike to avoid a Christmas present. (Not that I would know anything about that. ;) )

My daughter is scheduled to stop here around 2:00, on her way to my ex's brother's house (i.e., her uncle's). She'll probably stay here just about long enough to open her presents. She's bringing her boyfriend, but he's a Cowboy's fan, so I don't talk to him.

I'm making baked Ziti and garlic bread, with a nice salad on the side. Not very Christmassy, but easy. :D

I figure I'll be in the wine by 1:00 PM. :eek:

We are having the "big" Christmas family thing tomorrow when both girls and their boyfriends turn up for Roast Beef dinner. We are lucky - our immediate family is fine - it's the extended family that causes the sharp intake of breath :rolleyes: And of course, all my side are perfect, whereas hers....!!

:D

Mike, Ziti sounds very funny. You might just like to look up Zit in an "English" English contemporary dictionary ;)

Paul881 said:
Mike, Ziti sounds very funny. You might just like to look up Zit in an "English" English contemporary dictionary ;)
Zit, in America, is a pimple.

Ziti (zee-tee), otoh, is Italian pasta - tube shaped. Which we just finished eating. :D

I think I made too much. We'll be eating it for a week. :(

However, two fine bottles of Chianti went very well with it. :)

When my son was younger, I used to think about a time when we could drink together. Father and son, downing a few. Now that he's old enough, I realize I can't afford him. :eek:

acidrock said:
I think his mother would like to get that from me - only severed. :o

There was a story going around here when I was a teenager. This Italian guy (from Italy, not Italian-American) was dating this girl from our school. Supposedly he took her to the drive-in movies and went and got popcorn. As the story goes, he put a hole in the bottom of the popcorn container and put his dick in it. As she's eating the popcorn and comes upon the buried treasure, he smiles and yells, "Soo-prise."

I doubt it's true, but it's legend around these parts. :rolleyes:

dachay2tnr said:

Sure it is. We had lasagna. Scampi & calamari last night. I also made ricotta pie & annisette biscotti. Fagettaboutit!!

Zit - Ziti - okay, so maybe not so funny :o

When my two daughters were young, I never day dreamed of having a drink with them when they were older. Now its one of life's pleasures. Their boyfriends are good company too :) Maybe we are just lucky - our friends don't seem to have the same relationships with their kids and girl/boy friends.

We do the full roast deal at Christmas - you guys probably overdosed on it for Thansgiving :eek: . But after Boxing Day, its pasta and salad all the way. My wife makes a fabulous Lasagne - either beef or chicken. Ideal with Chianti or a Pinot Grigio ;) Or both :) I'll send some round for you!!

Pocorn trick - Does the legend report what he reaction was? Although I could guess, judging by the girls I dated and their reaction to stuff like that. No sense of fun! :eek:

Ah well, breakfast has just been announced, chez Smith - have a great day :D

Paul881 said:
Er...no :)

So, even worse, is this guy she's dating...gulp...Texan? :eek:
Heaven forbid. :eek:

Nah, he's from New Jersey, born and bred.

You get these guys all the time. They happen to "come of age" at a time when one particular team is successful, and they latch on to that team. You'll find guys who grew up in the late '70's who are Pittsburgh Steeler fans. Or guys who grew up in the early '80's who are San Francisco fans.

(Then there's the guys who grew up in like the 1920's who are Packer fans.) :p

What is wrong with these guys. Don't they know that you are supposed to root for a team for the "right reasons," i.e., by happenstance you were born in the geographic locale of a particular team.

dachay2tnr said:

You get these guys all the time. They happen to "come of age" at a time when one particular team is successful, and they latch on to that team. You'll find guys who grew up in the late '70's who are Pittsburgh Steeler fans. Or guys who grew up in the early '80's who are San Francisco fans.
Nothing wrong with that.as long as they stick with the team.The prople I can't stand are the ones who change teams every couple of years or even worse the people who aren't football fans at all and as soon as the local team has some success all of a sudden are wearing team gear and cheerleading for the team.(My female ex-boss)

I overdosed! :eek:
On cookies and candy. :(
I never learn. :rolleyes:

Garritan samples
I have no idea what I'm going to use this stuff for. :o Very nice sounding,the tails/decay and vibrato really set them apart from other sounds I have,but unless it's either a very slow or quiet passage I'm not sure they'll make that much of a difference.At this level of sample you need programing abilities to match.
My personal faves would be the drumkits,harps and sax.The pianos are nice,but no better than the Gigapiano sample I've had for five years.

LATER!!!

Back