DAW Users With ADD

acidrock said:
GO REDSKINS!!!!
I happen to agree. If they win, they still have a very real possibility of making the playoffs - which probably means Coughlin won't get fired. :mad:

The fact that they could still make the playoffs is amazing to me. They apparently hold all the tiebreakers except against Green Bay. :eek: Just goes to show the caliber of play in the NFC this year.

However, they have already shown they can't come up big when it counts, so I'm predicting a dismal showing this week, and Coughlin's exit soon thereafter. Now, we just need to figure out how to get rid of Eli. (So much for gene pools. :rolleyes: )

BTW, I'm saving the 5,000th post for the right moment. The Hey Moskus thread just seems too obvious. :)

Maybe I should visit the mic forum.

dachay2tnr said:
Heaven forbid. :eek:

Nah, he's from New Jersey, born and bred.

You get these guys all the time. They happen to "come of age" at a time when one particular team is successful, and they latch on to that team. You'll find guys who grew up in the late '70's who are Pittsburgh Steeler fans. Or guys who grew up in the early '80's who are San Francisco fans.

(Then there's the guys who grew up in like the 1920's who are Packer fans.) :p

What is wrong with these guys. Don't they know that you are supposed to root for a team for the "right reasons," i.e., by happenstance you were born in the geographic locale of a particular team.

We get thet here too with soccer supporters. There are only two allowable options to support a team in my book:
a) Because you have a credible affinity with a place
or
b) Cuz your Dad/Uncle supports the team - and you were introduced at an early age.

For example, most Manchester United fans don't come from Manchester - they are labelled "glory hinters" by most other fans. Or worse ;)

Still, look on the bright side - at least she's dating a NJ guy - could be worse; much worse. :)

Mike, I just compromised on installing Firefox and installed the Google toolbar with spell checker on IE.

Just in case you were wondering why my spelling was improving all of a sudden ;)

dachay2tnr said:
I completely shot my wad and went right through 5,000. :eek:

The sin of it is I am still not caught up to James and Moskus. :rolleyes:
Yes, but they are like "Billy-no-mates" - not like you, with a full dating diary and a social calendar to die for :)

Talking of which, did BuB have a fun filled Christmas? :p

:D

Paul881 said:
Yes, but they are like "Billy-no-mates" - not like you, with a full dating diary and a social calendar to die for :)
I'll have you know I am invited to a party on Saturday night AND Sunday night this weekend.

Unfortunately, that will probably be it for 2007. :( :(

New Years
Who cares?I have lots of New Years memories,none of them good.I'll treat it as just another night.

I don't know when the last time I was invited to a party was,we just have "get togethers".

I do have to take my son to the Bucks game on Saturday.I hate going to Bucks games,it's downtown and there isn't a dedicated parking structure.My son got a free tickets through school so I can't really weasel out of it. :(

5,000 posts
And you did it in the Cakewalk forum.
That place has been a ghost town ever since Cakewalk started their own site.Still,it's a lot busier than RP.I posted a question there once that never got answered,and six months later it was only three spots from the top. :eek:

RP is a lot like the emergency brake on my car. :D

Spell check
I've got the Google toolbar also,but my spell check would be websters.Nice user interface and analog warmth.

LATER!!!

So I got my free "new" 19" wide screen monitor :D Absolutely fabulous - I now want two - but need a new graphics card. Trouble is, it needs to be an AGP type. Question: what graphics card do you use?

Mike, when do you have your retirement party - and any news of an opening for you yet?

I spent today in the garden with my Dad climbing up a 120' Ash tree in the back garden and cutting some of the lower branches off :)

I have to say boyz, it was pretty scary at times. I had to do it with wifey out at work and with my Dad here because a) I needed some help, b) She forbade me to do it on safety grounds and c) the tree is protected, so needs permssion from the local Council and permission from the owner (the tree is actually in my neighbors garden - he's on vacation, skiing ;) ) and needs a surveyor to give the green light. None of which I bothered with :eek:

The penalty for doing what I did is $4000 fine and/or 1 month in prison. :eek: Just think, one whole month without email, phone calls and the dross of life to contend with:cool:

And a criminal record would also get me a free pass into NJ anytime I liked :)

Standby for fireworks when wifey gets home tonight - she ain't gonna be very happy :( On the other hand, we are all going to my eldest daughters house tonight for dinner, so she will have to cool it somewhat ;)

You can see I live so very dangerously :rolleyes:

:D

Paul881 said:
So I got my free "new" 19" wide screen monitor :D Absolutely fabulous - I now want two - but need a new graphics card. Trouble is, it needs to be an AGP type. Question: what graphics card do you use?
Do you want a card for a single monitor or dual monitors. Will you use it for gaming, or any other graphic intense applications?

In my DAW I use a dual monitor Jaton Geoforce 2 Twin, something like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139149R

It is nothing special, but works and is an AGP type card. I have two CRT monitors hooked up to it. I paid $58 for it a couple of years ago, and I see it is now like $30 cheaper. :rolleyes: It only has VGA connections. You might want one with digital outputs (DVI?) for an LCD monitor.

In my internet computer I am using an XFX card (nvida chip). Again it is nothing special, and also AGP. I wouldn't recommend it for gaming, but is fine for me. I paid around $35 for it, but it also does not have a DVI port. Just VGA. My LCD monitor, however, will take either VGA or DVI, so I simply use the VGA to connect it.

Picking graphic cards can drive you crazy, as they run from $20 to $500. If all you are going to do is word processing, internet browsing, and Sonar, I would go for something cheap. Just make sure that the card's highest output resolution matches (at least) your monitor's resolution. LCD's don't look good except when they are run at their native res. If you truly got a wide screen monitor (16 X 10 aspect ratio), make certain the card is capable of outputting that resolution.

The Bullshitter
Quit today,before he got fired.
I think his stories caught up with him,and the callbacks on his jobs. :rolleyes:

Tree trimming
My brother is an arborist for the city of Milwaukee,so I'll never have to trim a tree.

We are presently facing an ash borer epidemic,so if you find one,every ash tree within miles will get cut down.How do you like them apples? :eek:

I aways think the way I'll buy the farm is not from falling off a ladder,rather from working by myself when I fall off and dying of exposure because there'll be no one there to help me. :eek:I'm alone in barns in the middle of nowhere all the time.Almost makes it worth working with someone else.

Posting
I post more when it gets slow at work,and maybe it's me,but it seems like the focus of Homerecording.com has shifted from the hobbyist,to the $$$ making home studio,or at least to the people who want to make money.I hear the word client being tossed around quite a bit.

I'm also getting tired of gear snobbery,I've spent my share of money,more than my share when you consider my talent level,but I'm not going to buy a $1000+ preamp anytime soon,nor will I be converting a room with sound treatments.A lot of people are getting shouted down for using amp modelers and using (home)mastering software.I know there is better stuff,but if I really wanted a "pro" sound,I'd just go to a real studio and record.

What I really want is for my next recording to sound better than my last,and enjoy myself doing it.

RANT OVER

LATER!!!

PS.I know nothing at all about graphics cards.

Oh and btw...

Giants talk
The Packers may end up with the same record,but if you were to look up and down the rosters of both teams,the Giants are gigantic underachievers.W-a-y too many good players to have such an awful record.

I must say that I'm not an Eli Manning fan,the Giants could've got someone just as good for a lesser pick.

acidrock said:
Giants talk
The Packers may end up with the same record,but if you were to look up and down the rosters of both teams,the Giants are gigantic underachievers.W-a-y too many good players to have such an awful record.

I must say that I'm not an Eli Manning fan,the Giants could've got someone just as good for a lesser pick.
Actually they picked Phillip Rivers. And then traded him, along with several other picks, to San Diego for Eli. Great deal that was, huh.

The Giants had a lot of injuries this year... but despite that, I agree, they still way underachieved. That points directly to the coach, if you ask me.

Hey wait a minute, we aren't supposed to be speaking of the Giants here. :mad: :mad: :mad:

acidrock said:
I'm alone in barns in the middle of nowhere all the time.Almost makes it worth working with someone else.
I know someone looking for a new position. I could be your spotter. You know, someone to dial 911 in case something happens.

Do they have wireless in those barns? I'm used to posting at HR.com while I work, you know. :)

dachay2tnr said:
Actually they picked Phillip Rivers. And then traded him, along with several other picks, to San Diego for Eli. Great deal that was, huh.
Not quite as bad as Jerry Glanville trading Brett Favre for a first round pick that only played one year before being cut.

Of course Rivers has a lot of years to make up ground. :eek:

dachay2tnr said:
I know someone looking for a new position. I could be your spotter. You know, someone to dial 911 in case something happens.

Do they have wireless in those barns? I'm used to posting at HR.com while I work, you know. :)

Just dial 91 and keep your finger on the 1!

dachay2tnr said:
My finger's busy being up my nose.

:)
Pushing your think button?

No you definitely won't be able to dial,especially with your thumb up your ass also.

Rutgers
I forgot all about them. :o

Back