DAW Users With ADD

dachay2tnr said:
Enjoy your vacation. We'll expect pics.

Yeah, thanks, no problem. Just about to disapear out of the door to the airport. I'll post when I'm out there, if I can get online.

Look after the place whilst I'm gone? ;) :D

acidrock said:
Thank God I'm here...
to

tell

everybody it's

FRIDAY!!!

LATER!!!
Thanks. I knew we couldn't continue to count on the N-dude. :(

I took the day off. I was gonna re-stain my deck, but the 95o weather changed my mind for me. Maybe tomorrow. :cool:

dachay2tnr said:
By way of Holland. :rolleyes:
That's why he's third string.

The weekend
Nothing planned...for a change. :cool:
I worked last Saturday so that took the air out of last weekend.
I've got a box of brats ready for the grill baby. :D
I may go to a movie tomorrow,probably Sky High,it's supposed to be a good family flick.

PACKERS
62,000 people paid $8 apiece to watch a scrimmage between the Packers and the Bills last night.
The scrimmage sold out in three hours. :eek:

LATER!!!

Come on guys, just cuz I turn my back for 5 minutes, don´t go starting American sports discussions will ya?:)

Just thought I would let you know that we arrived safe and sound after a 4 hour flight, weather is wonderful, 100deg +, very little humidity, sea is blue, food is great along with the beer and the food. I took some pics yesterday but the hotel internet computers won´t let me load them up so you can see them. So they´ll have to keep until I get back. I can see you all groaning at the thought! ;) :p :rolleyes:

There are many topless beauties to look at, Mike you´d hate it. Trust me. Remember, I´m a sales man, right?

One of the benefits of lying around a pool all deay with nothing to do except drink and sleep is to read music magazines from cover to cover. Seems like Cakewalks Project 5 is worth looking at, never gave it a second glance before. Just seems a neat way of managing samples and getting them lined up. Will never take the place of Sonar, but I can see the advantages of P5 where you use a lot of samples and loops. Which I do on PowerPoint presentations. Not real music, I know, but if it turns in a few $$´s for me then who cares?

I also took a peek at the DVD demo of Celadyne - unbelievable! Can correct audio pitch on the fly and keep the same timing, transpose, change the timbre and lengthen samples to fit time/space constraints. Gonna check that out too when I get back. ;)

Missing my guitars, but the sacrifice is worth it.

Have to go, its lunchtime - BBQ grilled king prawns washed down with beer. :D

BTW Mike, is Morristown anywhere near where you live/work? Seems I might get a trip out there before the year end. If I do, I´ll make sure I look you up.

CAtch you later boys. Hasta la vista :D

Paul881 said:
BTW Mike, is Morristown anywhere near where you live/work? Seems I might get a trip out there before the year end. If I do, I´ll make sure I look you up.
Paul, Morristown is about 40 minutes north of where I work, and maybe 50-55 minutes from where I live. Certainly doable. Be sure to let me know.

It's a pretty nice town, with a lot of Revolutionary War historical sites (you know, the one where we kicked some British ass :) ). My recollection is that there is also a pretty good steak restaurant there. I'll have to see if I can remember the name.

BREWERS
Hit the .500 mark twice in three days!
That's like winning the world series around here. :rolleyes:

PACKERS
My boss offered me free tickets to the Thursday night preseason game.I declined,to much of a PITA driving to and from Green Bay on a work night.
I'll hold out for the real deal. :cool:

The weather
It's HOT!!!
Not as hot as where Paul is at but we do have cold beer and will substitute brats for prawns.

My recollection is that there is also a pretty good steak restaurant there.
Well they do have a Ponderosa in most towns. :rolleyes:

I do eat steak on occasion when I'm out for dinner,but I usually order something I'm not going to make at home,something a little more "prepared".

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Well they do have a Ponderosa in most towns. :rolleyes:
What, no Bonanza's in Cudahy? :eek:

I'm not normally a steak man myself. But when you find a restaurant that really knows how to cook one, how can you resist? This place marinates them, then charcoal grills them over a real hot fire to where there is a slight crust on the outside and tender as hell on the inside. Um Um Ummm. :cool:

I haven't been there in years, so I don't even know if it still exists. But with Paul's expense account, I'm sure we won't have any problem finding a nice place. In fact, I'm already researching some $300 bottles of wine I want to try. :D

dachay2tnr said:
What, no Bonanza's in Cudahy? :eek:

I'm not normally a steak man myself. But when you find a restaurant that really knows how to cook one, how can you resist? This place marinates them, then charcoal grills them over a real hot fire to where there is a slight crust on the outside and tender as hell on the inside. Um Um Ummm. :cool:

I haven't been there in years, so I don't even know if it still exists. But with Paul's expense account, I'm sure we won't have any problem finding a nice place. In fact, I'm already researching some $300 bottles of wine I want to try. :D

Sounds great Mike. Only $300 a bottle? We have to do better than that. Even the pub round the corner from where I live has $500 bottlles
:eek: More fool them that pay that sum, I say ;)

Mike, I´ll certainly let you know about the trip - even though it may get delayed to next year, it will happen - unless I get fired :eek:

Guy, I was lying around the pool yesterday afternoon when some kid comes walking by with a Packers shirt on :eek: He was German so I couldn´t engage him in the usual banter i.e. "why have you got that shirt on, is that all the charity shop had in your size?" and other such homilies :p :) I will try and get a picture if I see him again. We could even have a crazy caption competition amongst us for the best speech bubble :D

Must go, wifey is doing her hair prior to going into breakfast (10.30am for breakfast, now that is what I call civilised ;) ) so I just popped into the hotel reception internet cafe to post this drivel. :o

Another day in paradise around the pool today but getting twitchy - spending my time mentally planning what gear to buy next. :rolleyes:

Catch you later!

Paul881 said:
Sounds great Mike. Only $300 a bottle? We have to do better than that.
I'll call ahead then and see if they have this in stock.

Dom. Romanée Conti 1997 - app. $1,540
This French red Burgundy smells of berries, spices and leather. Dark in color, it hints at flavors of soy sauce, flowers and licorice. The aroma is rich and penetrating without being too profound. The Romanée Conti is a rare wine that has carved a niche for itself along the years. At over fifteen hundred dollars a bottle, it no longer has anything to prove. Consistently, the Romanée Conti fetches prices around the thousand dollar mark no matter the vintage.

Dom. Romanée Conti 1997 - app. $1,540
This French red Burgundy smells of berries, spices and leather. Dark in color, it hints at flavors of soy sauce, flowers and licorice. The aroma is rich and penetrating without being too profound. The Romanée Conti is a rare wine that has carved a niche for itself along the years. At over fifteen hundred dollars a bottle, it no longer has anything to prove. Consistently, the Romanée Conti fetches prices around the thousand dollar mark no matter the vintage.

Mix it with 7-up and it makeS a great wine cooler,dere hey.

Sounds great Mike. Only $300 a bottle? We have to do better than that
Don't you guys really mean $3.00 a bottle? :confused:
The only wine we have in our house is in a box. :o Now beer,that's in a bottle!

Guy, I was lying around the pool yesterday afternoon when some kid comes walking by with a Packers shirt on He was German so I couldn´t engage him in the usual banter i.e. "why have you got that shirt on, is that all the charity shop had in your size?" and other such homilies
They probably made him remove his Aston Villa shirt at the door because of the dress code.

I'm not normally a steak man myself.
I eat steak once a week!Ribeye is my favorite,I don't care for tenderloin.
Season it up and throw 'er on the grill.What could be easier than that?
My in-laws like a place where you cook your own steak.I refuse to go,it defeats the purpose of eating out.I always ask them "If I wash my dishes do I get a deeper discount?".

The weather

It's been very hot the last two days,so I've been starting early and only working eight hours. :(
Should cool down a bit as the week goes on though. :cool:

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Season it up and throw 'er on the grill.What could be easier than that?
Perhaps, "I'll have mine medium-rare, por favor, and bring another Glenlivet rocks while you're at it."

:D :D

Hey has any-1 heard from Chuck U!?

Last I read any posts or even seen him (and his fam) was at JAMFEST4 (or was it JAMFEST3)!

Chuck U, where are you!? :(

MISTERQCUE said:

Last I read any posts or even seen him (and his fam) was at JAMFEST4 (or was it JAMFEST3)!

Chuck U, where are you!? :(
He started a new job recently. I assume he is making so much money he can longer associate with the riff-raff on this site. :D

But just wait until he has a Sonar problem, or needs advice on a new pre-amp. I ask you, who's he gonna run to then?

He started a new job recently.

No doubt one where they monitor internet usage. :rolleyesWe're not good enough for at home surfing. :eek: :p

Depending on how things shake out around here,next years jamfest is a possibility.Gotta ditch the kids though,too much drain on the life force.

The weather
That dirty no good son of a bitch LIED!It was hot as a mofo today.Luckily the boss hired two new guys and it has lightened the load on the rest of us. :cool:

But just wait until he has a Sonar problem, or needs advice on a new pre-amp. I ask you, who's he gonna run to then?

Well,who? :confused:

LATER!!!

Back