Can't Multitrack record

ax1lla

Hi,

I have a Tascam US1641 Interface and Cubase LE4.

I have setup two mono input busses. i have added two mono audio channels. I have set the Input routing for the first channel to Mono In and the input routing for my second channel to Mono In 2. I have both channels record enabled.

I am showing input on both mics (channel 1 and 2) from my tascam unit. However, I am not showing anything in Cubase for my second channel. If I make the second channel the default input bus, then channel 2 works and channel 1 doesn't. I'm not sure what it even means to make an input bus the "default", but regardless I need help. I can't figure this out and it's driving me insane.

btw - I am new to this, so you will need to speak dumbly

:confused:

thanks all!

Corey

To see a level in cubase you need to click the monitor button. Is that clicked on both tracks.

Did you try recording?

I don't know that interface but could it be a routing problem with the interface?

Interesting.....I assumed it wasn't coming through because I saw no indication of a signal in the audio activity section. However, after reading your post I held my mouse over this section and the text that shows is, "Audio Activity (Default input Channel)". So, i guess this is only showing a signal for the input bus you desigate as default? If so, I still don't understand the purpose of a "default" input bus. Why is this needed?

I will try recording and see if this is the case. Thanks TetraFish.

You know I've never really noticed that. I'm not sure what the point is of setting a default. Maybe just for when you create new tracks it uses that as your input.

So, this is an extrememly late reply, but.....

After looking on the internet, etc there is a little input indicator next to each channel that should be showing the levels. Nothing is showing here. However, I decided to just try recording to see if it was working....it is. lol. I'm confused as to how to see my input displayed on Cubase though. So far, I can only see the input of the channel I map to the default input bus.

You need to have monitoring on the track your recording. I usually monitor to set levels and then turn it off to record.

Back