Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

Yup...it's spring, almost summer.

Here's the road I drive up and down several times a day doing the school run!

Jacarandas-West.jpg

^^ Lilac trees?

Very pretty! :)

Cheers! :)

They're called jacarandas...originally native to subtropical regions of central and South America but they decided they like Australia too!

Here's a closer shot of the blossoms:

Jacaranda-CU.jpg

Alas, we had some wind and rain last night so the trees are less purple and the street more so!

They're called jacarandas...originally native to subtropical regions of central and South America but they decided they like Australia too!

Here's a closer shot of the blossoms:

View attachment 83279

Alas, we had some wind and rain last night so the trees are less purple and the street more so!

We have them in Southern California too. So beautiful when they're all in bloom. Not so much fun to park under, though.

I'm bringing this (nearly) dead thread back to life. Here's a photo of the moon I shot tonight. The full moon was last night, but I couldn't get out until tonight, so it's waning a bit (notice the soft edge on the right side). I shot this with my Pentax K5, and a cheap eBay 500mm lens. I used a doubler to get the lens to a focal length of 1000mm. At that length, I obviously had to use a tripod and remote to remove any vibration. And to dial the focus in as best I could, I fed my camera's preview signal out to a 22" HD TV instead of using the little screen on the back of the body. (Yep, that's right, I was outside at midnight with a 100' extension cord connected to a TV behind my house so I could "shoot the moon.") What the hell, I think it was worth it:

6_14_14_moon.jpg

I'm bringing this (nearly) dead thread back to life. Here's a photo of the moon I shot tonight. The full moon was last night, but I couldn't get out until tonight, so it's waning a bit (notice the soft edge on the right side). I shot this with my Pentax K5, and a cheap eBay 500mm lens. I used a doubler to get the lens to a focal length of 1000mm. At that length, I obviously had to use a tripod and remote to remove any vibration. And to dial the focus in as best I could, I fed my camera's preview signal out to a 22" HD TV instead of using the little screen on the back of the body. (Yep, that's right, I was outside at midnight with a 100' extension cord connected to a TV behind my house so I could "shoot the moon.") What the hell, I think it was worth it:

View attachment 87658

Cool man. :)

I'm a big fan of balloon art. I made this. It's intestines. Shot with a Samsung Galaxy SII. I've since upgraded to the S5. Badass phone.....err.... camera.

Well, as some life has been breathed into this thread (love the moon by the way!) here's a few recent ones from me. Another site I visit has a monthly photo contest where they set a theme and a recent one was natural patterns--here are some of the ones I came up with:

West-Creek-Ripples_zpsb8f36889.jpg

Palm-2-Horizontal_zps2bf52a30.jpg

Sand-Waves_zpsb5363e88.jpg

Haven't been doing too much shooting lately as I've been wrapped up in working on my Tascam wallpaper thread over in the Analog forum here. Most of what I do there is take some generally mediocre shots from the web and then put several of them together to come up with a half decent catalog style shot that's suitable for desktop wallpaper backgrounds. Anyway, been working on this shot today and assembled it from 7 different images in Photoshop...

Teac GE-20 wallpaper.jpg

I categorize these ones as my "Frankenstein series" because they don't exist in nature: just in my imagination of how I would have shot them had I owned the piece. Many other shots in that thread are from members here on the forum who I coach to varying degrees to take a properly lit and centered shot of their gear and I then just have to cut them out and layer them over a custom backdrop that I hand make in Photoshop for each piece of gear.

Cheers! :)

A little bit of Detroit in the OC!

DetroitinOC_zpsdzxhslsd.jpg

Back