Bleeding sound.

davesol

Vocal Training Needed.
Hi, I'm pretty new at the whole home studio thing. I've got my mixer (Tapco MIX.120) running through my Audiophile 192 in my pc which i use ableton live lite7 to record.

I am using an MXL 990 & 991 for condensors and generally record electric through my Vox ToneLab direct into a stereo track on my mixer. It seems to sound alright, however I am having difficulty setting levels. The signal seems to be running quite hot.

My issue for this post is that when I go to record my vocals, through the 990, I get a whatever is playing through my headphones bleeding into the mic signal. Is this normal? Are there inexpensive fixes for this? It should be noted that I am using NADY QH560 to monitor, which aren't an isolation headphone set.

If the headphones are the problem, are there any recommendations on a set of isolation headphones that will run me under 100 CAD that would be highly recommended, or am I stuck with this garbage?

If there are other things that can be done (keep in mind I am on a budget both real estate wise (living room) and monetary.

Thanks for your help, sorry this was a little long winded.

-Dave.

Back