Billie Eilish

They owned me with echoes in quad...damn sitting in a room with a bunch of friends smoking the devils weed, candles burning..getting loose on Mateuse ( because we were refined connoisseurs of corked wine :laughings: )

Mmmmmmmmateuse YUCK!

View attachment 123536
I had a quad setup. Space Oddity was pretty cool. I used to set the speakers on the floor with a pillow in the middle, drop a couple of hits
and let the sound take me away. Drank some Mateus also, and Boones Farm.

Ok visually it was entertaining for a minute...crazy cool instruments and Cousin It and Frankenstein...That girl talks / sings funny..Other than that disposable ear and eye candy...throw the wrapper away. Shit you want depressing try epitaph from King Crimson DSOTM was a musical expression of the place and space in time we were at.. Vietnam, Political corruption, race wars, a big ball of confusion..... they dotted the I's and crossed the T's of a beautiful musical time stamp (pun intended) ..epic album and music,,,but yeah definitely some depressing but also uplifting soothing stuff. Great gig in the sky wow! Who knew death could be so amazing.
I have played Epitaph lol. I don't fear tomorrow.

Ok visually it was entertaining for a minute...crazy cool instruments and Cousin It and Frankenstein...That girl talks / sings funny..Other than that disposable ear and eye candy...throw the wrapper away. Shit you want depressing try epitaph from King Crimson DSOTM was a musical expression of the place and space in time we were at.. Vietnam, Political corruption, race wars, a big ball of confusion..... they dotted the I's and crossed the T's of a beautiful musical time stamp (pun intended) ..epic album and music,,,but yeah definitely some depressing but also uplifting soothing stuff. Great gig in the sky wow! Who knew death could be so amazing.
I like the tune, I love the video, cracks me up every time, and you are right, that is my kind of eye candy. I don't believe in life after death so the great gig in the sky didn't mean that much to me? They had a hard time selling tickets, then they came out with DOSTM, hit pay dirt and copied it over and over again, just more depressing. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. I will take CCR over PF any day of the week.

I like the tune, I love the video, cracks me up every time, and you are right, that is my kind of eye candy. I don't believe in life after death so the great gig in the sky didn't mean that much to me? They had a hard time selling tickets, then they came out with DOSTM, hit pay dirt and copied it over and over again, just more depressing. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. I will take CCR over PF any day of the week.

We should not dis people for mental health issues. It is a difficulty of our modern world. I have had them and pulled myself out of it. It is all of the crap we have to deal with in a different world than 40 or 50 years ago with all of the different pressures now. Social media, media, more intense scrutany on our lives now. Pressure in every respect

It is a difficulty of our modern world. I have had them and pulled myself out of it. It is all of the crap we have to deal with in a different world than 40 or 50 years ago with all of the different pressures now. Social media, media, more intense scrutany on our lives now. Pressure in every respect
You need to learn to stop listening to other people, and only listen to yourself.

Hmmm, I don't feel a thing...But I do a lot of drugs..So 90% of the time I dont know half of whats going on anyhow.

We should not dis people for mental health issues. It is a difficulty of our modern world. I have had them and pulled myself out of it. It is all of the crap we have to deal with in a different world than 40 or 50 years ago with all of the different pressures now. Social media, media, more intense scrutany on our lives now. Pressure in every respect

I am not in the same boat? I never worry and I never feel pressure? On a few occasions I have had nothing to my name but a duffel bag and a dog
while living on "the steets." At one point I did over a year in a max security prison and took advantage of anything they had to offer like getting my GED. Today they call it a youth correction facility, it's a max security prison. At an earlier point I joined the USAF. I had passed my physical with a 1A rating, my lottery number came up as 83, and I had received my notice to report to the army, so I joined the USAF instead of pulling a Ted Nugent to get out of it. Somehow, someway, something or someone or some circumstance, such as winding up in prison, has come to the rescue and I learned long ago not worry, things will take care of themselves. Then again, I can be pretty resourceful.

Attachments

• web_NJ_DOC_-_Garden_State_Youth_Correctional_Facility.png
    web_NJ_DOC_-_Garden_State_Youth_Correctional_Facility.png
    711.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
I am not in the same boat. I never worry and I never feel pressure. Somehow, someway, something or someone or some circumstance, such as winding up in prison, has come to the rescue and I learned long ago not worry, things will take care of themselves. Then again, I can be pretty resourceful.
Wow that's a rough upbringing and early adult life brother...
I only spent a single night in jail in my life and that was more than I wanted. Man I had some jailhouse conversations with this entity we call God that night and day. I was 19 and was charged and arrested for felony possession of Pot and Hash oil in 1972.. I spent that day in the courthouse in a holding tank with at least 40 other well rounded and polite citizens of Los Angeles, all innocent of the heinous crimes they were being accused of ...holy shit. I was scared shitless. Long haired hippie type, they're going to LOVE you in county jail...FUCK! Got released on my own recognizance, hired a good lawyer and got it all dropped to a misdemeanor and got diversion and probation...whew!

I pulled #228 in the draft lottery so I didn't have to go. One friend of mine pulled number 8...he went but we were deescalating by then so he didn't have to go to Vietnam.

Sometimes it's hard not to freak out ...least for me and I'm a pretty level headed cat. Turning off the what might happen shit is not easy for some. My wife refers to it as borrowing worry...she doesn't have time for it...or so she says.

Life is a strange journey.
You mentioned the Great gig in sky and it not meaning much to you because you don't believe in life after death....
The title can be construed about what may possibly come when we expire but the lyrics tell a different story
And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime

If you can hear this whispering you are dying :eek:

In other words from the instant we are born we are on our journey to death .. If you are reading this, you are slowly dying. Nanook sat on his pondering rock 10,000+ years ago looking out into space all sad because his favorite dog "Wolf" had died. He pondered the significance of it all. How did this come to be? Did the spirit, the energy within in that loving carbon based creature that I called Wolf just expire like his lifeless body did? Or did the energy go somewhere? Hmmm? Well being a very smart caveman he had a premonition that someday one of his future descendants would come up with this equation. E = mc2. Yep the law of Conservation of Mass-Energy: the total amount of mass and energy in the universe is constant. “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.” He has an epiphany that there is more to this deal than meets the eye...And he shared this epiphany with his friends and family and the story got told and retold 10's of thousands of times ..and like in the game of telegraph what was first told evolved into a myriad of stories on what MIGHT happen when we expire. Perhaps we all meet again in the sky above and if you're a musician maybe get a gig playing on the edge of some cloud out there with your favorite musician friends.

Now me I have a wish, a want, a hope and a strong suspicion that this life experience is just a little blip on the screen in the process of this experience we call life. Of course a HUGE part of that wish, want and hope is to get to see the friends and loved ones that have already split this scene. All I can do is hope ...and pray...well that's what Nanooks various sects of story tellers call it. Yeah I talk to God as I understand him and most times he answers in the strangest and most miraculous ways. Man I feel him in my soul, my heart...it's weird and maybe it's just "me" comforting me. But the coincidences, the God winks that have occurred throughout my life make that a hard one for me to believe. I was in church once and this Catholic Indian priest quoted Saint John. He prefaced it with "some of you may be able to do this, some of you may not, it is similar to meditation. Saint John said the purest form of prayer is not with words, but rather to gaze into God". Yep no words just one on one, let the energy flow. I definitely am a man of gratitude to whatever it is that allowed this all to be and the ride I've gotten to take. The eye and ear candy I've been blessed with...and the price of admission for all of that is aches and pains and heartache that come with all of it...so no anger or why me bullshit..all part of the package.

Energy=Life. Without energy there is no life. Thus Life is not created nor can it be destroyed. What exactly happens to the energy within these tattered and torn carbon based units when they wear out and expire goes that is the gazillion dollar question. Many will expound upon Nanooks theory and many will say when you're dead you're dead and then there are many like me that will sit on a rock metaphorically speaking next to Nanook, stare up at the the stars above in awe and wonder and enjoy the ride.

You are right about this "things will take care of themselves"

In AA they have a ton of clever sayings about living life on life's terms... This one is similar to your quote.

It will all work out in the end. If it hasn't worked out it isn't the end,

Have a great Sunday!

Tomco

My take on it is, we only get one shot, that's it, so make the best of it. I don't believe in god. I believe the creation, for lack of a better word, all that is and can possibly be, is the creator. It doesn't need a god, it has always been and will always be, there is no such thing as time, only now. There is nothing supernatural about it, it just is, naturally, in the now. It will create anything it possibly can, naturally. I have come to the conclusion that is why good things happen to bad people, why bad things happen to good people, why there is cancer, why babies are born with deformities. It is only the creation creating anything it possibly can, naturally, nothing supernatural about it. There is no good or evil, there just is. We decide what is good or evil. For instance, if Germany had conquered the planet and wiped out every other ethnicity, their history books would reflect that it was a just outcome and a good and moral act and the populace would believe it and it would be so. The best that I can hope for is that I am "the crown of creation" and that I can gaze out and contemplate the creation and that the creation, through ourselves, may contemplate itself, if that is naturally possibly. In essence, a sense organ for the creation. All conjecture, but from the evidence in front of me, that is the only conclusion I can come to. Of course I don't know my ass from my elbow but when I came to the conclusion that I knew next to nothing about anything, I took my first step on the road of learning something.

Last edited:
On a side note about the prison experience. I took typing in high school to be with my GF, she's gone, the typing stuck. The prison I went to was practically brand new at the time. For the youth being sent there it was supposed to be a starting point where they would be intellectually and psychologically evaluated, then sent to a facility that fit their results. Well, when I arrived, the identification clerk was being paroled. They put me through the evaluations and I wound up getting stuck there with his job and the only reason I could see that happening was because I could type. In that capacity I was responsible for the incoming inmates, taking fingerprints, taking mug shots and developing them, typing up all reports to be sent to the FBI along with the mugshots, fingerprints etc. I had access to everyone's records and that gave me a lot of power. It didn't hurt that I also knew a few criminals there already, some who killed two guards while robbing an armored truck, doing life. It also didn't hurt that I had my own cell to myself, I could lock it when I was out, I could not lock myself in of course. I had a few run ins with would be deviants, nothing I couldn't handle. I also played a mean game of basketball. I heard on more than one occasion, "better cover that white boy, he can shoot." I taught one of my fellow inmates basic reading skills. I was also able to get mugshots to send home, that cost a carton of smokes, I was never out of cigarettes. They didn't check the outgoing mail in those days, I don't know if they do now? Nixon resigned while I was there. I figured we should trade places lol.
Once again I learned you get out what you put in.

Yep as I say in my signature..... we're all wrong... The something from nothing thing is the Devine mystery indeed..

Yep as I say in my signature..... we're all wrong... The something from nothing thing is the Devine mystery indeed..
In my philosophy, there isn't something from nothing, it has just always been and will always be, it's really that simple for me.

Sounds like you lucked out on the prison thing...damn If you can say anything about spending a year in prison is lucky... One of my best buds from high school to 2 three year stints for cooking...finally got clean and sober about 15 years ago,,,damn the stories he tells are jacked up..he came out all yoked from lifting trash bags filled with water...they removed all the weights for working out from the California jails..
My Brother likewise did 3 for the same He got to do the firecamp thing but he was messed up when he got out....Fentanyl took him out a few years back...then his 18 year old sone a year later

Sounds like you lucked out on the prison thing...damn If you can say anything about spending a year in prison is lucky... One of my best buds from high school to 2 three year stints for cooking...finally got clean and sober about 15 years ago,,,damn the stories he tells are jacked up..he came out all yoked from lifting trash bags filled with water...they removed all the weights for working out from the California jails..
My Brother likewise did 3 for the same He got to do the firecamp thing but he was messed up when he got out....Fentanyl took him out a few years back...then his 18 year old sone a year later
There is an old saying, "I wasn't arrested, I was rescued." It gave me some time to cool my wildman crazy self and to really think about my future. When I was paroled I was handed fifty dollars and told to report to my parole officer. There was no one there to come and get me. I walked out the front gate, hitch hiked to my home town, reported to the parole officer where I told him I cannot stay here or I will wind right back up where I just left and wanted a transfer to upstate N.Y. where I had some type of family. That was granted, the state was glad to get rid of me. I moved to the Woodstock area and found a job in a machine shop. My father was a tool and die maker and had taught me basic blueprint reading and how to read precision measuring instruments. I then opened a record shop in Woodstock with someone I knew who had followed me up there. Then met the wife and the rest is history. I wound up being let off parole in six months. My original sentence was what they called and indefinite sentence, 0-5 years, meaning they could let me go anytime or hold me for up to five years. I saw some mean shit go down in there, stabbings , broken bones, beatings, rapes. I also saw good things there, not all criminals are evil. Many were there for nonviolent crimes like me.

if Germany had conquered the planet and wiped out every other ethnicity, their history books would reflect that it was a just outcome and a good and moral act and the populace would believe it and it would be so
Yeah, their books would.
Yet, this could be said of so many peoples since recorded history, and yet, isn't it interesting how, even when we're shown to be hypocrites because our own has shat on someone else, there has always, eventually been a groundswell against that kind of behaviour.

Back