Billie Eilish

Far be it from me to be an armchair psychologist, but as someone with schizoaffective disorder and have seen the crazies and been one myself, I know what crazy looks like.

And it’s a sad sight to see in this thread.

Anyway, I love Eilish. Have two of her records. That Tiny Desk concert was what really made me like her.
Nah mate nowt crazy bout me, just a pisshead. We all get opinionated after drinking too much then wake up in the morning the next day and go... mmm that was not my finest hour, that was maybe a mistake, I made an arse of myself and I resolve not to say these controversial opinions again. But then the next night we get hammered again and do the same thing 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thanks for the advice though Doc 😇🥰

Far be it from me to be an armchair psychologist, but as someone with schizoaffective disorder and have seen the crazies and been one myself, I know what crazy looks like.

And it’s a sad sight to see in this thread.

Anyway, I love Eilish. Have two of her records. That Tiny Desk concert was what really made me like her.
I change my mind after listening to her more. I am allowed to do that, the girl definately has talent and the voice.
Still hate the production on her recordings though, I am old.

When hasn't there been ? It goes with the territory.
Of course Grim, agreed. Kids these days? Jeez man, have they never hear of James Taylor and Joni Mitchell and Carole King and Gordon Lightfoot?? Sorry just being a contentious old fart ha ha. Great young artists these days but they didnt invent it
🥰🥰👍

I can understand your not caring for Billie, but the girl does have some unique talent. She actually has a very nice voice. That's not to say that I'm a big fan. Her lyrics and delivery are way too dark and depressing for my taste. It's a style she's developed, and obviously she's tapped into something with today's kids. Sometimes I worry about the kids that are listening to this constantly. You need a little upbeat stuff to brighten the day once in a while.
It was not so much of my dislike of her, it was more to do with my dislike of modern production techniques when I listened to the way her vocal had been produced. Listening more now I realise I was wrong and I can see that she has a lot of talent. So I see that now, but I am still not a fan of the modern vocal production.

She's too dark. A bit creepy. Yeah, I guess I'm old too, but some of recent music leads kids to places they shouldn't go. I'm not really a fan of Kurt Cobain for the same reason, or a lot of that grunge shit. I hated my kid listened to that crap, glorifying depression and negativity. Yeah, we listened to Highway to Hell, but we knew they were just lyrics and about partying & having fun.

She's too dark. A bit creepy. Yeah, I guess I'm old too, but some of recent music leads kids to places they shouldn't go. I'm not really a fan of Kurt Cobain for the same reason, or a lot of that grunge shit. I hated my kid listened to that crap, glorifying depression and negativity. Yeah, we listened to Highway to Hell, but we knew they were just lyrics and about partying & having fun.
And less than a year after writing the songs about partying and having fun, Bon Scott, the writer of the partying and having fun lyrics was found dead after a night of partying and having fun.
Potato, potaaaaato.

She's too dark......Yeah, we listened to Highway to Hell, but we knew they were just lyrics and about partying & having fun.
On the other hand, Bon Scott wrote lyrics that were darker than anything little Billie has ever come up with because he was an adult and there was lived-in reality in-built into his darkness.....just sayin' !

Reactions: TAE
Yeah, and Kurt Cobain (allegedly!) blew his head off with a shotgun, Chris Cornell hanged himself, and Layne Staley died a toothless skin and bones rotting corpse from an overdose. Jus' sayin'. Good times. Bon Scott died with his boots on.

I'm not glorifying Bon Scott, or the way he died as opposed to those other grunge losers....those answers to glamor rock. None of the deaths are what one could call glamorous. But there is a difference, a difference between self loathing and a balls deep reckless abandon in search of a good time.

On the other hand, Bon Scott wrote lyrics that were darker than anything little Billie has ever come up with because he was an adult and there was lived-in reality in-built into his darkness.....just sayin' !
Conversely living 16 years on this planet post 2020 is enough to make the happiest person on the planet a little depressed. IMO these two kids grew up in LA in the business and have experienced plenty enough bullshit to "sing the blues" Her style is definitely that emo dark thing but if you have the chance to see her interviewed live you'll see she is not your normal 20 year old nor was she your normal 16 year old ...She and her brother are super smart kids and incredibly clever at using the music making tools that they have in front of them... I mean is there any other 5 time grammy winning album ever that was recorded in the artist bedroom? Love em, hate em or just tolerate em but ya gotta give credit where credit is due and that accomplishment deserves some cred. Here's an article where Finneas explains why they recorded the album in his bedroom...pretty funny, truthful and refreshing.

From Dark Side on, Pink Floyd is the most depressing band ever and I used to be a huge fan when they were Avant Garde.
I'll take this over Floyd these days.
"I wanna be fwee" lol

Reactions: TAE
your on your own with that shit.

floyd is awesome. You need the record LP.

New music isnt for older people. Its for the new people. the old people should finally be understanding all the messages the 'real' artists were sending in their gen's music. FINALLY. It was going on all along. And if you listened, it gave you a nice foothold in reality above the others.

Who knows what the new music is talking about..picking pronouns? as if you only get two or something.. limited...dumb..losers. You gotta win the war, before you make the rules..hahahahah

Last edited:
From Dark Side on, Pink Floyd is the most depressing band ever and I used to be a huge fan when they were Avant Garde.
I'll take this over Floyd these days.
"I wanna be fwee" lol

Ok visually it was entertaining for a minute...crazy cool instruments and Cousin It and Frankenstein...That girl talks / sings funny..Other than that disposable ear and eye candy...throw the wrapper away. Shit you want depressing try epitaph from King Crimson DSOTM was a musical expression of the place and space in time we were at.. Vietnam, Political corruption, race wars, a big ball of confusion..... they dotted the I's and crossed the T's of a beautiful musical time stamp (pun intended) ..epic album and music,,,but yeah definitely some depressing but also uplifting soothing stuff. Great gig in the sky wow! Who knew death could be so amazing.

It is understandable that newer generations cannot connect with the older music.

How can they understand anything that doesnt have a computer screen? Try and tear their attention from a cel phone.. Ha! They eat the light or something. Whatever, I cant figure em out. Anybody catch Bebe at the half time show on Thanksgiving? Not what I call a...well. No idea what she was talking about. She was thick. She looked strong. The sound at a venue like that is hard, but i did not care for it..it was a poor show.

So much great music is there, and we have it all practically to ourselves. Yay.

Last edited:
As previously mentioned both Billie and he brother are smart farts...high IQ's n shit. As much as they are songwriters, singers and musicians, they have become very clever recording engineers in their own right. The full Beatle type artist not just performers but taking a proactive role in the recordings. This is an interview with Billie by UAD who they are big fans of and what was used on their 5 grammy winning album recorded in Finneas's bedroom. ..It illustrates she knows her shit in a cool kind of way of how she went about getting the sound and results in a mix that she sought... They are the real deal

I knew I would catch flack for coming down on Floyd. I was a huge fan, saw them three times. The Meddle tour in Carnegie Hall. The Dark Side tour where Giants stadium is now. Saw them the following tour in the same venue.
I stand by what I posted.

I knew I would catch flack for coming down on Floyd. I was a huge fan, saw them three times. The Meddle tour in Carnegie Hall. The Dark Side tour where Giants stadium is now. Saw them the following tour in the same venue.
I stand by what I posted.
They owned me with echoes in quad...damn sitting in a room with a bunch of friends smoking the devils weed, candles burning..getting loose on Mateuse ( because we were refined connoisseurs of corked wine :laughings: )

Mmmmmmmmateuse YUCK!

1669491338455.png

Back