Behringer and the hits keep coming...

What do you think about Behringer products?

• Great quality and value for money!

Votes: 354 41.6%
  • Cheap but sometimes dodgy! I wouldn't buy core equipment from them. Not reliable enough.

Votes: 276 32.5%
  • Awful. Cheapness is no substitute for quality!

Votes: 102 12.0%
  • I dont give a crap, I dont have any.

Votes: 118 13.9%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had any problems at all with any of my Behringer gear...

My BCR-2000 is flaky with Ableton. But since I use mostly hardware synths and recorders, it's not that big of a deal. I can route one of the presets through Bome's MIDI Translator in lieu of jumping through hoops to custom program it, if necessary. :laughings:

I have a HA-4700 with intermittent sound on 3 of its 4 headphone outputs. I would like to attempt repairing it myself, as I am handy with a soldering iron and have actually managed to repair several of my malfunctioning FX proc units and tone modules this way. My question is, when you have this type of problem with the HA4700, where do I need to be looking in order to find the problem and fix it? Please advise. As much info as can be provided would be very much appreciated.

Inspect every soldering point with a magnifying glass under good lighting. You'll probably discover one or two bad points. Resoldering them will probably fix it.

I have to do this with a lot of gear. Since the lead free solder it is a quite common repair. Even on newish gear.

No, there are four:

4) The Pros -- who know better than to touch that crap in the first place!

Completely false -- clearly you've never dealt with high-end gear companies... they take their products and customer service VERY seriously.

Um, did I just shift through a space time portal to the professional recording forum? I thought I was on the Homerecording forum. Seriously, this site is filled with bitchy slobs who think their opinion is somehow the gospel truth. Get some friends so you don't have to spew your projected self loathing here. I heve NEVER found a single bit of information here that I didn't already know from having a couple of magazine subscriptions. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience repairing a Beri mixer and 100 posts later I have no more valuable info than when I started. What an 'effin waste of time.

Um, did I just shift through a space time portal to the professional recording forum? I thought I was on the Homerecording forum. Seriously, this site is filled with bitchy slobs who think their opinion is somehow the gospel truth. Get some friends so you don't have to spew your projected self loathing here. I heve NEVER found a single bit of information here that I didn't already know from having a couple of magazine subscriptions. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience repairing a Beri mixer and 100 posts later I have no more valuable info than when I started. What an 'effin waste of time.

Dude. You already know that trying to have a cheap Behringer mixer repaired is more trouble than it's worth. What other info. do you need?

For the record, I have four Behringer mixers, and I like them well enough for what they are. But if one of them broke, I would simply toss it in the garbage and get another one before I would go to the expense and trouble of trying to fix it.

so you're having a go at someones post from 2005??

yeah you did slip through a portal :laughings:

I read CM, Future Music, and Musictech every month and still learn tonnes here...I also have several pieces of behringer gear that serve me very well for what they are..but Id probably dump a mixer rather than getting bent out of shape repairing it...the beauty of their price

so hows about a healthy dose of stfu :)

Dude. You already know that trying to have a cheap Behringer mixer repaired is more trouble than it's worth. What other info. do you need?

For the record, I have four Behringer mixers, and I don't have a problem with them. But if one of them broke, I would simply toss it in the garbage and get another one before I would go to the expense and trouble of trying to fix it.

beat me to it :)

Behringer mixers work only for small live performances. I'd never use them for recording. They're too noisy. As to repair, what others have said is the best advice, They are cheap and will cost more than they are worth to repair unless you plan on doing it yourself. If you have those kind of skills, once you are in there you could maybe make some other mods to fix the manufacturer flaws (like all of the cross noise). I have two little Euroracks that I use for small clubs with two other musicians to plug into a 100 watt amp. For those applications, these little mixers work fine. For more serious and larger gigs, I use a 16 track Yamaha mixer through a 1300 watt crown amp and two large Cerwin Vega cabs. The reason I need to use the Behringer mixers is to mic three instruments (two that are miced with mini condensers) and the little Behringer will give me phantom power and saves me from lugging a large rack into a small club, restaurant or library. The sound is adequate, but tinny and harsh.

Behringer mixers work only for small live performances. I'd never use them for recording. They're too noisy. As to repair, what others have said is the best advice, They are cheap and will cost more than they are worth to repair unless you plan on doing it yourself. If you have those kind of skills, once you are in there you could maybe make some other mods to fix the manufacturer flaws (like all of the cross noise). I have two little Euroracks that I use for small clubs with two other musicians to plug into a 100 watt amp. For those applications, these little mixers work fine. For more serious and larger gigs, I use a 16 track Yamaha mixer through a 1300 watt crown amp and two large Cerwin Vega cabs. The reason I need to use the Behringer mixers is to mic three instruments (two that are miced with mini condensers) and the little Behringer will give me phantom power and saves me from lugging a large rack into a small club, restaurant or library. The sound is adequate, but tinny and harsh.

Speaking of which I was walking up to a venue that I was to just guest engineer at and while walking up to it I said to my friend "Oh No it sounds like a Behringer console"

And sure as Sh!t ........

:cool:

funny i have a lil 802 mixer with two of my outboard synths running through...I use them in every recorded track...and tinny and/or harsh seems to have been omitted from most of my tracks critiques...funny that

I used to run everything through a 1604 (not needed now as my interface has a mixer) and again tinny, harsh, or even noisy, was not mentioned on any of my tracks critiques...you guys must have ears of gold...please share your wisdom lol

For me KC it's just that every console out there has it's own sound depending on the manufacture.

:cool:

im sure they do, i recognise my own farts from 50 paces..im just yet to hear tinny, harsh, or noisy, or I would stop using them simple as that.....I think people just repeat parrot fashion and perpetuate a myth much of the time...I heard the same type of things said about motorbike parts or snowboard gear on other forums and it was crap as well....9 out of 10 times its the user thats the most important part of any equation and seldom the equipment

but yeah behringer mixers are tinny and harsh, OE shocks are garbage, and flow bindings dont allow you to feel the board.......lol

I pump three synched Electribes through an 802, and they don't sound tinny and harsh. The Casios I recorded through a 1202 don't either.

yeah i think its those puny harsh brittle delicate guitars and namby pamby pinko commie tinny drums that sound crap through them ;)

yeah i think its those puny harsh brittle delicate guitars and namby pamby pinko commie tinny drums that sound crap through them ;)

:laughings:

My instruments have some many artifacts of their own that a crappy mixer isn't gonna hurt them much. :D

Back