Behringer and the hits keep coming...

What do you think about Behringer products?

• Great quality and value for money!

Votes: 354 41.6%
  • Cheap but sometimes dodgy! I wouldn't buy core equipment from them. Not reliable enough.

Votes: 276 32.5%
  • Awful. Cheapness is no substitute for quality!

Votes: 102 12.0%
  • I dont give a crap, I dont have any.

Votes: 118 13.9%

• Total voters
I have to say, Behringer makes great paperweights. Seriously, it was windy one day and I had a stack of papers I needed to stay in one place. I picked up my, "used-once-then-it-fried-itself-and-tried-to-fry-me-as-well HA-8000headphone amp," an sat in directly on the stack of papers. The wind blew, the paper didn't, nuff said.

I've about 10U of stuff, 2 Mic's and other bits from the Big B, and in (thinking about it...:confused: ) ... 23 years of recording and playing I've have two problems - one with some Roland kit, and the other with Tascam...but got fixed in the end.

So, maybe I'm very very lucky?
and maybe Behringer City (yes there is one in China) make so much gear that the laws of probability say there has to be bad eggs...?
I guess you just have to roll the dice, and make sure you pick a good retailer....unless you're rolling in $$$$ and can get the likes of SSL. :p

But for those in between - is it realy that wise to buy a "name brand" for so much more money when it still made in China???

;)

I've about 10U of stuff, 2 Mic's and other bits from the Big B, and in (thinking about it...:confused: ) ... 23 years of recording and playing I've have two problems - one with some Roland kit, and the other with Tascam...but got fixed in the end.

So, maybe I'm very very lucky?
and maybe Behringer City (yes there is one in China) make so much gear that the laws of probability say there has to be bad eggs...?
I guess you just have to roll the dice, and make sure you pick a good retailer....unless you're rolling in $$$$ and can get the likes of SSL. :p

But for those in between - is it realy that wise to buy a "name brand" for so much more money when it still made in China???

;)

Great stuff for a great price......people who use them as paper weights must be pretty well off.:rolleyes::D
I wonder if they smoke hundred dollar bills too?:eek::):D

If I were anywhere even remotely near you, I'd come over and we'd start slingin' cables.:D
:D..that made me laugh! Thanks!!

I have a nephew(muscian), who saw it last week just sitting there..waiting to be cable-slung.

Did I mention, I am now his favorite Aunt!!:D

I've never owned any Behringer products before, but just bought a Behringer Eurorack MX2802A mixer off of eBay for cheap; and its on the way. I'll let you guys know if its absolute crap or not.:confused:

Uma25s

Just found the review of this "useful" looking key/controller/interface.

I think they have shot themselves in the foot.

I can forgive no XLR mic and spook juice but what really bugs me is no 24bit op'! Can't add THAT much cost surely?

But to me the biggest boo boo was no MIDI in! How can they not see folks will want to use this as a usb MIDI interface!!!!!

Dave.

I have a Behringer MDX2100 Composer that has worked for a little over 10 years only requiring re-soldering one of the switches to the circuit board early last year.

My "new" mixer showed up today. Behringer MX2804A. It seems to work fine and has a lower noise than I expected. Does anyone know where I can print off a users manual? I like keeping manuals for all my gear on file.

Hi Thane,
I suppose you mean that you did not get a manual with the mixer?

I went to www.behringer.de and put in your model number, did not find it but Berries' site has been "pruned" and it is a lot less helpful than it was.

Searcing "mixers" I came up with the MX2004A, is this close enough?

Dave.

Hi Thane,
I suppose you mean that you did not get a manual with the mixer?

I went to www.behringer.de and put in your model number, did not find it but Berries' site has been "pruned" and it is a lot less helpful than it was.

Searcing "mixers" I came up with the MX2004A, is this close enough?

Dave.

Thanks for trying, but that mixer lacks to more complex bussing that I need the manual for. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

I only have one piece of Behringer equipment right now...my B2 LDC microphone. Some friends have one of the Europower amps, and another friend has one of the Eurorack mixers, and they both seem to like theirs OK...I'm pretty satisfied with my B-2, although I probably wouldn't use it for anything SUPER serious...right now it's a room mic to record my pastor's sermons. :)

I'm using a behringer ultra-dyne 9024 digital multi-band compressor/limiter/eq/exciter/tube emulator/toaster/wine rack.

basically free (various trades and sales making it that way). it's a very good compressor. I mean very good in the sense that a 3630 is a fairly average and maybe not terribly good compressor for a professional recording engineer. the ultra-dyne is vastly superior.

one caveat - it's digital and can have subtle latency. you can work around that. but since I use it for some tracking duties and submix duties and I mix OTB... well latency can have issues so I minimize it as much as possible and only use it where that won't matter. also when mixing I can adjust for latency in the track if needed.

but for the price this is a truly great device. it actually sounds very very very good and has great configurability. nothing preset here (other than some factory settings and you can save your own of course, also has midi control). this gives full control of everything through the good UI.

I can't complain at all. got rid of my old dod, dbx, drawmer and alesis compressors a while ago. building my own optical compressors for when that is desired (which I desire most of the time...), but this unit is getting work/use regularly and is truly great.

didn't expect it to be useful for tracking, expected a cheap nasty mastering thing (which it is but it can be good for that too if setup well).

super good deal.

I quite like some berry stuff.

cheers
Don

I search the Behringer site and didn't come up with anything. Even in the hall of fame/discontinued products section it wasn't listed. Weird.

I still stand by the fact that Behringer has it's place in my studio. I would never take any Behringer equipment on the road, but for the price, some of it's stuff serves it's purpose.

I still stand by the fact that Behringer has it's place in my studio. I would never take any Behringer equipment on the road, but for the price, some of it's stuff serves it's purpose.

Absolutley!
I have Behringer Bass VAmp Pro and a Behringer Midi foot controller(FCB 1010)
that are very reliable pieces of gear.

then again I have had some Behringer stuff that was pure junk

it is kind of hit or miss with Behringer equipment.

Calling all behringer xenyx users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought a Behringer Xenxy 1832 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has recorded music on myspace with their xenyx mixer hit me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been recording with the m-audio fast track usb and the m-audio producer mic packaged with m-audio session software.

Im really hoping that the xenyx is going to be a good upgrade.

Add me as a Friend i would love to hear what you guys are recording!!!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/rapidcityrock

also all of the music that i have written/recorded was with all of the M-audio stuff.

Back