anyone got a PicoValve?

lol ..... yeah, but I do have a legitimate use for it and it's cheap.

I think I'm about ready to start selling off those amps I don't use and move towards the small lunchbox direction or combos with 1x10 in them ..... personally I like 10s.

i had a laney lc15r that i loved and it was a single 10

it had the most wonderful blues honk

very small and light

lol ..... yeah, but I do have a legitimate use for it and it's cheap.

I think I'm about ready to start selling off those amps I don't use and move towards the small lunchbox direction or combos with 1x10 in them ..... personally I like 10s.

I'm telling you man, I think you could sell that 6100 fast to one of those idiots at the marshall forum.

I'm telling you man, I think you could sell that 6100 fast to one of those idiots at the marshall forum.
I know ...... I'ma gettin' around to it ..... on the one hand I hate to sell anything ever but it's silly to hold onto something I rarely use although I guess I could make it a dedicated studio amp.

Bob: I guarantee you could sell the 6100 at the Marshall forum, or at the Marshall Roadhouse. There are a lot of guys who drool over those amps, so I'm positive you could sell it dude....You'd need to post some pics & have your location in the post, but again, I'd say it'd go pretty quick....

When is your PicoValve due to arrive???

Bob: I guarantee you could sell the 6100 at the Marshall forum, or at the Marshall Roadhouse. There are a lot of guys who drool over those amps, so I'm positive you could sell it dude....You'd need to post some pics & have your location in the post, but again, I'd say it'd go pretty quick....

When is your PicoValve due to arrive???
I haven't checked the tracking but I'm sure early in the week

i had a thd univalve

i put a svetlana el34 in it and it was heaven

i blew the transformer playing along with the new york dolls and thd fixed it for free even though i bought it used on ebay

i had a thd univalve

i put a svetlana el34 in it and it was heaven

i blew the transformer playing along with the new york dolls and thd fixed it for free even though i bought it used on ebay
I wonder how close this Chinese version is to the univalve.

Got the Pico Valve Amp, hooked it up to my old cab and hooked my guitar into it. I didn't care for the sound all that much. Then I tried it with the bass, hey man, lots of crunch and life.

Nice, I just have to mic it now instead of straight through. Thanks Bob (in Black Adder's voice")!

mine's supposed to be in tomorrow ..... I'll be taking moms-in-law to a Dr. appointment around the time UPS comes so I may miss it and not get it 'till Wed.
I have little doubt it'll be fine for what I do.
I actually have a slew of 6x9's that I'm gonna try to build some odd low wattage guitar cabs for so who knows what I might do with it.

I bought one to have as a bench amp and plugged it into a G12-H75 that lives in an otherwise empty Mark IV combo. I was shocked at the sound quality. It would be not bad at $300. For a hundred bucks it's nothing short of a miracle. No hum, buzz, or any of that. I replaced the tubes with JJ's and the attack got a little tighter, but really not that big of a difference.

Back