anyone got a PicoValve?

well .... yeah .... as long as it has the proper load to run into it's not gonna care whether it's a speaker or a resistor except you do get an varying impedance at different freqs with a speaker but you don't with a resistive load but yes, the amp wouldn't blow up .... it would work.
I dunno how well those kinds of set ups work so research it before trying it and the amp's already sold out at that price.

OK, first. Thanks for telling me it needed a speaker/load. If you hadn't, like a DA I would just plugged in and, well, you know. Second, everyone about pissed their pants when you made the announcement, I grabbed one (what can you buy for a $100 bucks for that is worth it). So I blindly bought one. So, now, I have to figure out something. :facepalm:

But I am glad you set me straight early. Thanks. You saved me some money with your wise words.

OK, first. Thanks for telling me it needed a speaker/load. If you hadn't, like a DA I would just plugged in and, well, you know. Second, everyone about pissed their pants when you made the announcement, I grabbed one (what can you buy for a $100 bucks for that is worth it). So I blindly bought one. So, now, I have to figure out something. :facepalm:

But I am glad you set me straight early. Thanks. You saved me some money with your wise words.
Well ..... you can 1. always sell it and get your money back and 2. M.F. gives you 30 days to return it.

Just get a cab. That's how it's supposed to be. A 1x10 or 1x12 is all you need with that little head.

Just get a cab. That's how it's supposed to be. A 1x10 or 1x12 is all you need with that little head.

I actually have a cab from an old Hofner kv40 I bought in German back in 79 I was going to try it out with. It has a quarter inch plug from the head to the cabinet. So, you're right.

I actually have a cab from an old Hofner kv40 I bought in German back in 79 I was going to try it out with. It has a quarter inch plug from the head to the cabinet. So, you're right.

Just make sure you match the impedance.

Yes, I noticed that when I was looking at the unit it had the three types.

Yup, and, I honestly don't mean to insult you, but just in case you don't know.....make sure you use a SPEAKER cable to connect the cab and not an instrument cable. They're very different.

Yup, and, I honestly don't mean to insult you, but just in case you don't know.....make sure you use a SPEAKER cable to connect the cab and not an instrument cable. They're very different.

Insult not taken.

I got my Picovalve today (I had it express shipped, because I'm headed out of the country for the next couple weeks, and I wanted to play with it before I leave). While I hope to throw a mic up and post a sample track before I go, let me at least say this: it's totally and completely worth the $99 I paid for it. I'd be thrilled at three times that price. I've only run it through my Epi Valve Jr. cabinet, and it didn't disappoint. It's a completely raw gritty, rock n roll sound. The gain is great for rhythm sounds up to about 5, and starting at about 7 it's a really sweet, saturated lead sound. Oh, and the major complaint about this is that it's too dark (esp. on the 2 watt setting). I mostly played it on the 5 watt setting and found it pleasantly bright (very easy to dial in an AC/DC Back in Black type sound), but even on the 2 watt setting, it was very pleasing with some tweaking of the EQ stack. I'm gonna have some fun with this little puppy.

Awesome dude. Def get some clips up ASAP.....or leave me the keys to your house while you're gone. :D

I'll try to post a track tomorrow (while I'm supposed to be "working from home"), but right now I've got to hit the tractor and knock down some grass. It'll be up to my waist when I get back if I don't take advantage of the sunlight...

Lol. Tractor, huh? How much friggin grass do you have? I know you kind of live out in BFE, right?

I have 25 acres--but I only mow 5 acres. We built the house in a big clearing, and there's a half-mile road that leads up to it. So I keep the sides of the road, and about 4 acres around the house nice and pretty. The rest is woods and ravines and trails--y'know, the good stuff.

Cool WS, I'm assuming you know you can roll power tubes in that thing without re-bias, right??? You got any good glass to try out in that little thing????

Looking forward to your clips!!!

I got my Picovalve today (I had it express shipped, because I'm headed out of the country for the next couple weeks, and I wanted to play with it before I leave). While I hope to throw a mic up and post a sample track before I go, let me at least say this: it's totally and completely worth the $99 I paid for it. I'd be thrilled at three times that price. I've only run it through my Epi Valve Jr. cabinet, and it didn't disappoint. It's a completely raw gritty, rock n roll sound. The gain is great for rhythm sounds up to about 5, and starting at about 7 it's a really sweet, saturated lead sound. Oh, and the major complaint about this is that it's too dark (esp. on the 2 watt setting). I mostly played it on the 5 watt setting and found it pleasantly bright (very easy to dial in an AC/DC Back in Black type sound), but even on the 2 watt setting, it was very pleasing with some tweaking of the EQ stack. I'm gonna have some fun with this little puppy.
cool .... can't wait to get mine.

LOL

as if you need another amp

lol ..... yeah, but I do have a legitimate use for it and it's cheap.

I think I'm about ready to start selling off those amps I don't use and move towards the small lunchbox direction or combos with 1x10 in them ..... personally I like 10s.

Back