And today's American mass shooting....

Heh, I'm just seeing this/these posteses.

Oh, I know plenty, and I am right...correct, that is.

You? Well, you don't even know the relationship between the terms conservative and right wing. I bet your liberal friends do. No wonder your pearl clutching reaction.

What does it mean to me? I would strongly suggest the same thing it means to any reputable institution that delves into the defining of terms. I'm not going to look it up, I don't have to. You probably should.
Not good enough, total weak sauce mate.

Interesting point...
Recently there was a poll of Fox news viewers that was overwhelmingly in support of increased gun controls.

I'm pretty sure the people that answered the poll didn't vote Democrat. Look at those numbers.
The people they voted in ARE NOT LISTENING, nor do they give a shit about constituents.
Shameful at the least, criminal is more like it.
Holy shit though, even though you’re right that a majority wants more control, there’s still like 20% that are against things the police being able to remove guns from someone who is a danger to themselves or others, don’t support mental health checks or 30 day waiting periods etc. How are we letting 20% dictate this bullshit?

Not good enough, total weak sauce mate.

Not at all.

You don't know conservatism is to the right on the political spectrum? This isn't that difficult, common knowledge. The two terms are often interchangeable in use....I mean, there's also "racist", "fascist", and "Nazi", which to some on the left means the same thing as rightwing conservative. But we won't go down that rabbit hole to argue the merits of that point.

Look it up for yourself. Educate yourself on, ahem, who you are. You conservative you.

Holy shit though, even though you’re right that a majority wants more control, there’s still like 20% that are against things the police being able to remove guns from someone who is a danger to themselves or others, don’t support mental health checks or 30 day waiting periods etc. How are we letting 20% dictate this bullshit?
Exactly...
That's why I say follow the money (NRA and other lobbyists).

Not at all.

You don't know conservatism is to the right on the political spectrum? This isn't that difficult, common knowledge. The two terms are often interchangeable in use....I mean, there's also "racist", "fascist", and "Nazi", which to some on the left means the same thing as rightwing conservative. But we won't go down that rabbit hole to argue the merits of that point.

Look it up for yourself. Educate yourself on, ahem, who you are. You conservative you.
Jesus... too funny...
Telling me what I think, and what I do/don't know.
Go away. :ROFLMAO:

The people they voted in ARE NOT LISTENING, nor do they give a shit about constituents.
The way it's supposed to work is people vote for someone they trust will make the right decisions for them. That restricts the pool of candidates to people who have a track record of making decisions that prove themselves in the long run, not a bunch of weak people whom you hope will kiss their constituents' asses.

I can respect that. I don’t want to derail this thread and discuss abortion here, but I would elsewhere. Suffice it to say I don’t love the idea of abortion, but I don’t believe you can force a woman to have a baby. So not my place.
Shall I start a "Roe v Wade Reloaded: A Controversial Thread" discussion? Welcome to Prime Time y'all!

When they created the right to bear arms, America was a different place.
The gun lobby are a bunch of idiots.
In England, we have a serious knife problem, but they can't do as much harm as automatic guns.
Any mention of a gun here, and the police will be all over you.
Being caught carrying a knife risks a prison sentence.
The gun lobby are a bunch of idiots.
Lol - England where hurting someone's feelings can get you arrested. Don't have any interest in any Brit's opinions on anything - you all can be counted on to get it wrong.

I know this has been said before.....but there's no way the authors of the constitution could have envisioned the kind of weapons we have today. Really? An AK47 or the like? They did advocate for a "well regulated militia"....which IMO only....means a controlled situation of people bearing arms. Also....doesn't "regulated" possibly mean......under command control....or registered or....well...many things.....except.......unlimited?
Congratulations - you've regurgitated some favorite false talking points of the anti-2A crowd. The Founders, framers and ratifiers neither stated nor intended that firearms *only* be possessed by members of a gov't militia and it's absurd to submit this in view of historical realities. Private firearm ownership was nearly universal in the 1770s.

As far as what those who wrote the Constitution could have envisioned or were aware of - meet the Puckle gun, the first semi-auto weapon invented in 1718.

iu

Funny, I don't hear anyone talking about the ongoing mass shooting that is Chicago, Newark, Memphis, Detroit or any of the other inner city crapholes in the US where the vast majority of gun crime occurs. Or anyone talking about the thousands upon thousands of victims of illegal alien crime.

Last edited:
Lol - England where hurting someone's feelings can get you arrested. Don't have any interest in any Brit's opinions on anything - you all can be counted on to get it wrong.

Congratulations - you've regurgitated some favorite false talking points of the anti-2A crowd. The Founders, framers and ratifiers neither stated nor intended that firearms be possessed by members of a gov't militia and it's absurd to submit this in view of historical realities. Private firearm ownership was nearly universal in the 1770s.

As far as what those who wrote the Constitution could have envisioned or were aware of - meet the Puckle gun, the first semi-auto weapon invented in 1718.

iu

Funny, I don't hear anyone talking about the ongoing mass shooting that is Chicago, Newark, Memphis, Detroit or any of the other inner city crapholes in the US where the vast majority of gun crime occurs. Or anyone talking about the thousands upon thousands of victims of illegal alien crime.
Ok...sure.....granted. The Puckle Gun. 9 shots per minute. Not quite the deadly weapon an AR-15 is. Most single action hand guns can do much better. Even a 5 or 6 shooter that needs reloading can match or better that. Invented in Britain BTW. And....for the record.....I'm not anti 2A. I'm only anti assault weapons. As I mentioned previously....I have a hand gun and no one is going to take it from me.

Mick

Back