And today's American mass shooting....

How many school and mall shootings would it take for you to feel differently?

How many kids would need to die before you welcome something as basic as universal background checks? How many more have to die before you’d put AR15s in a different class of weapon that required a similar process to getting a fully auto weapon?

Just wondering what that number is.
I have an even worse question that I'm not sure I even want to utter...

How many school and mall shootings would it take for you to feel differently?

How many kids would need to die before you welcome something as basic as universal background checks? How many more have to die before you’d put AR15s in a different class of weapon that required a similar process to getting a fully auto weapon?

Just wondering what that number is.
You just figured you'd double-down on your fail campaign.

In a typical year there are more killings *just* in Chicago in 6 months than all school shootings in the US since 1776. Way, way more.

School shootings are an even rarer subset of a rare category of crime but to date 100% of school shootings have been on "Gun Free Zone" campuses.

To date the number of school shootings on a campus with armed faculty is -0-.

In many of these rare school shootings that do occur much of the blame lays at the feet of people around the shooter. The Parkland school shooting was an example of spectacular, inexcusable failures by law enforcement, school administration and personnel. It happened in large part *because* of asinine leftist, politically correct policy that was a partnership between a moron diversity hire Superintendent and an incompetent gasbag Sheriff. I realize you don't have the vaguest idea what I'm talking about but I already know the details won't matter to you - you'll cling to your baseless narrative with your dying breath.

Given the reality of how rare the use of AR-style rifles is in the total crime picture there's no justification to penalize the law-abiding just because people like you refuse to acknowledge reality.

Last edited:

In a typical year there are more killings *just* in Chicago in 6 months than all school shootings in the US since 1776.

School shootings are an even rarer subset of a rare category of crime but to date 100% of school shootings have been on "Gun Free Zone" campuses.

In many of these rare school shootings that do occur much of the blame lays at the feet of people around the shooter. The Parkland school shooting was an example of spectacular, inexcusable failures by law enforcement, school administration and personnel. It happened in large part *because* of asinine leftist, politically correct policy that was a partnership between a moron diversity hire Superintendent and an incompetent gasbag Sheriff. I realize you don't have the vaguest idea what I'm talking about but I already know the details won't matter to you - you'll cling to your baseless narrative with your dying breath.

Given the reality of how rare the use of AR-style rifles is in the total crime picture there's no justification to penalize the law-abiding just because people like you refuse to acknowledge reality.
I WANT MY MTV!

The human need to be right....and not smart. Powerful. Twisting like a pretzel to find less than logical or even truthful responses in order to be try to be right. Amazing. The whatabout stuff is always useful when needed. Ok then.

Not aimed at anyone in particular here.

The human need to be right....and not smart. Powerful. Twisting like a pretzel to find less than logical or even truthful responses in order to be try to be right. Amazing. The whatabout stuff is always useful when needed. Ok then.

Not aimed at anyone in particular here.
Yeah... but it's more important to expose the truth than to be "politically correct" let alone "respectful" in the :ROFLMAO: sense of the word.

In a typical year there are more killings *just* in Chicago in 6 months than all school shootings in the US since 1776. Way, way more.

My suggestion was to add additional licensing to rifles like the AR15, not ban it entirely. You’re still saying that not enough kids die from it to do anything at all, but you didn’t say how many would have to die for you to change your mind about that.

Regarding Chicago, almost every gun begins its life with a legal sale from a dealer. Straw purchasers then take those guns and resell them privately, or they get stolen from people that don’t secure their weapons properly etc. That’s a regulation issue that let these guns on the street in the first place. There should be no undocumented private sales, and the straw purchasers should be in jail. Your NRA doesn’t want to do anything that would stop this. Brilliant that you point to that problem to justify not doing anything about the mass shooting problem. Again, brilliant.

Failures by law enforcement, correct. If guys who train to stop bad guys and do it for a living can’t stop a shooter, how can you expect teachers to do it while doing another job? Uvalde wasn’t the only one. Even when things go right, there’s still unspeakable tragedy. Look at the TX mall. Cop was right there and did his job perfectly. Shooter still killed or mamed 16 I think? Your answer is more guns. Blame diversity hires? Ok. The insults are coming which means you’re starting to smell your own bullshit.

Edit to fix spelling

Last edited:
Define "assault weapon".

Edit: oops, @RFR got it first

If it were up me, I’d use the weight of the bullet and the muzzle velocity to determine the energy of the bullet. Over a certain limit along with semi auto capability and detachable high capacity magazine would make it an assault weapon. If it were bolt action it would be for hunting etc, and not an assault weapon, likewise if it were limited to 2 or 3 rounds like a shotgun. Handguns would have lower muzzle velocity and smaller capacity and likely not be considered assault weapons. I’d start there.

If it were up me, I’d use the weight of the bullet and the muzzle velocity to determine the energy of the bullet. Over a certain limit along with semi auto capability and detachable high capacity magazine would make it an assault weapon. If it were bolt action it would be for hunting etc, and not an assault weapon, likewise if it were limited to 2 or 3 rounds like a shotgun. Handguns would have lower muzzle velocity and smaller capacity and likely not be considered assault weapons. I’d start there.
A 22 at long range is a better rifle.

A 22 at long range is a better rifle.
I was thinking about those when I wrote what I wrote. Obviously you can have a semi auto 22 long riffle that has a detachable magazine. The weight and speed of that bullet is still pretty low. Wouldn’t have a lot of stopping power to be a mass casualty weapon I would think. Probably wouldn’t meet my definition. Would still need background checks similar to a handgun.

I would think getting hit with any bullet in the right place has all the stopping power in the world. All guns need to be registered and insured and
the owner have a license and some training, just like driving a car.

I would think getting hit with any bullet in the right place has all the stopping power in the world. All guns need to be registered and insured and
Oh I totally agree. Again, I’m saying I’d like to see an additional level of regulation for assault weapons similar to what we do now for fully automatic. Takes an expensive license and a much deeper background check. I’d add buybacks for existing owners that don’t meet new criteria. ALL guns should be titled like cars, and all purchases tracked. Limits on the number of guns you can own. Spot check higher volume buyers to make sure they can account for their weapons and they’re not straw purchasers. Just for starters.

“Well-regulated” means what it says.

I was thinking about those when I wrote what I wrote. Obviously you can have a semi auto 22 long riffle that has a detachable magazine. The weight and speed of that bullet is still pretty low. Wouldn’t have a lot of stopping power to be a mass casualty weapon I would think. Probably wouldn’t meet my definition. Would still need background checks similar to a handgun.
Oh I totally agree. Again, I’m saying I’d like to see an additional level of regulation for assault weapons similar to what we do now for fully automatic. Takes an expensive license and a much deeper background check. I’d add buybacks for existing owners that don’t meet new criteria. ALL guns should be titled like cars, and all purchases tracked. Limits on the number of guns you can own. Spot check higher volume buyers to make sure they can account for their weapons and they’re not straw purchasers. Just for starters.

“Well-regulated” means what it says.
Sheesh... good thing y'all ain't in office! (...just joking!)

My suggestion was to add additional licensing to rifles like the AR15, not ban it entirely. You’re still saying that not enough kids die from it to do anything at all, but you didn’t say how many would have to die for you to change your mind about that.

Regarding Chicago, almost every gun begins its life with a legal sale from a dealer. Straw purchasers then take those guns and resell them privately, or they get stolen from people that don’t secure their weapons properly etc. That’s a regulation issue that let these guns on the street in the first place. There should be no undocumented private sales, and the straw purchasers should be in jail. Your NRA doesn’t want to do anything that would stop this. Brilliant that you point to that problem to justify not doing anything about the mass shooting problem. Again, brilliant.
I'm not "still" saying something I never said to begin with. You posed an invalid, loaded question which goes along with your invalid premises.

Extra licensing on a weapon that's involved in a tiny fraction of gun crimes is pointless.

You call it "my" NRA - I'm not a member. However apparently you're not aware that the NRA has for years promoted tightening the NICS system and having law enforcement uniformly and consistently report felony convictions to the NICS database.

Fun fact - to date no mass shooter has been an NRA member.

Another fun fact - the NRA has never promoted committing crimes with firearms.

Let's acquaint you with some reality regarding how criminals often obtain guns.

Etc, etc.

Back