And today's American mass shooting....

Talk the talk, walk the walk. Give up your own gun (or guns)

Never know, you may snap someday and go visit a trump rally. ;)
I'm going to play you - the kind of thing you would say to me - usually ridiculous and childish:

"I don't have to fucking do anything you say. Now go make some music, play your guitar";)

I have told my wife repeatedly - for years now.... say the word and the guns are gone. I have no attachment to them whatsoever. I'm going to die fairly soon anyway. I'm not afraid.

It's not ironic... it makes total sense.... that my attitude about firearms has changed as I've gotten older. I care less about my rights than ever. I see the rights of innocent people to simply make it through the day as much more important. The longer this goes on - the stronger my feelings about that become.

I'll keep saying it.... if you're for unfettered gun rights in the U.S..... you should be very content. You have what you want and I don't see that changing. I get it, I understand that for many the body count is acceptable, worth it. To me, it's not.

Why can't it be like driving a car. You apply, go through a background check, take a written test, get a permit, learn to drive with a licensed driver for x amount of time.
Take a drivers test, get your license, get your gun or guns, register them and get your insurance? Tens of millions of Americans have no problem doing that. I know all the arguments I am going to hear so you can skip them if you like. I am a convicted felon and not allowed to own a gun, but my wife and kids can. Another loophole.
This^^^^ I would be very happy with.

Licensing, registration, and insurance.

Yeah.... that's not going to happen.

Driving a car on a public highway is a privilege. I shouldn't have to say the rest.

Requiring insurance to possess a firearm in a private residence for personal protection would be nonsense. An undue burden. The firearm is insurance.

Why can't it be like driving a car. You apply, go through a background check, take a written test, get a permit, learn to drive with a licensed driver for x amount of time.
Take a drivers test, get your license, get your gun or guns, register them and get your insurance? Tens of millions of Americans have no problem doing that. I know all the arguments I am going to hear so you can skip them if you like. I am a convicted felon and not allowed to own a gun, but my wife and kids can. Another loophole.
I agree with licensing and registering, as long as the process is not too complicated. There's enough red tape out there!

One more thing then I’m done for the evening.

Regarding good guys with guns......

There’s been many civilians, the ‘hero good guy with a gun’ that have stopped shooters.

But they’re hardly ever given the news coverage they deserve for being hero’s.

The news doesn’t want to cover that but would rather shock and scare the shit out of people.
Doesn’t matter if the news covers it when it comes to compiling the data. There’s about 300 justified homicides a year. Way less than innocent gun deaths. And again, no one is suggesting you can’t keep on defending yourself with a gun. This is getting tiring.

That's bullshit. You're no different than Leddy who rather than call heterosexual men heterosexual chose to use the term "Cis". You ain't no conservative, big C, small c, or otherwise, and neither is Leddy.

But what the hell, let's play this game. If you are a small c conservative, would it be fair to refer to you as right wing? And further, would you dare to proclaim the same in the presence of those who aren't particularly fond of persons such as yourself being a right winger?

Fuck no, you ain't conservative little c or big C, and if you were, you aint got a hair on your ass enough balls to ever stand in public and proclaim you are a "right winger". I mean, you do have enough intelligence to understand to be conservative is to be politically right, yeah? No? Yeah, no.

Seriously, you guys should stop the whole "I'm really actually conservative" charade while at the same time typing on the internet ad nauseam liberal/left lunacy.
You have a lot of opinions on something you know nothing about.
I voted Conservative here for years.
Right wing? WTF does that even mean to you?

Driving a car on a public highway is a privilege. I shouldn't have to say the rest.

Requiring insurance to possess a firearm in a private residence for personal protection would be nonsense. An undue burden. The firearm is insurance.
Seriously with the Rambo nonsense? We’re talking about liability insurance. There’s about 1000 accidental shootings every year just from hunters alone. It would probably serve a hunter well to be indemnified financially, but more importantly have funds available for the victim. You can’t picture what happens if you accidentally shoot someone or something you shouldn’t? Shit, I have a liability policy for gigging in case someone trips on a cable and sues me etc.

Last edited:
I know right? Why does he see things as "you're either THIS or THAT". And he'll be the authority on where YOU fall on the ideological spectrum. It's telling... that Mick sees sexuality the same way. Very simple, defined definitions. I think it stems from a need to see the world very simply - not recognizing and acknowledging nuance and subtlety. Whether it be politics or sexuality.

And the thing is.... HE lies one the political ideology and sexuality spectrums too!

Everyone knows.... whether they admit it or not - that there are more effeminate men who are quite heterosexual and very much attracted to women sexually (and not men) - as well as very masculine men. And so it is with women. There are more feminine women and less feminine women. To deny this is to deny reality.

Humans are evolving - and our understandings of ourselves are evolving as well. Doesnt matter whether you are comfortable with that or not. It remains true.

You know people say a lot about the solutions = but it is really simple - have the equivalent of a Drivers License with a Psychology Test - 1 years learners permit where you can't buy anything - but take the Learners Test and Psychology Test - then a year later you take the Owners License Test and Another Psychology Test - and within two weeks you get the results - it wouldn't totally stop the killings because people could buy on the black market - but it would make it much harder for the mentally unhinged to get ahold of guns - and then you would take the Owners License test every two years - possibly with a Psychology test - it wouldn't harm anyone but damaged people IMO.

You know people say a lot about the solutions = but it is really simple - have the equivalent of a Drivers License with a Psychology Test - 1 years learners permit where you can't buy anything - but take the Learners Test and Psychology Test - then a year later you take the Owners License Test and Another Psychology Test - and within two weeks you get the results - it wouldn't totally stop the killings because people could buy on the black market - but it would make it much harder for the mentally unhinged to get ahold of guns - and then you would take the Owners License test every two years - possibly with a Psychology test - it wouldn't harm anyone but damaged people IMO.
Absolutely, there are tons of reasonable steps we can take that might prevent at least some of these events, but there are enough people that feel that ANY restriction whatsoever will lead to total confiscation. I’m losing my patience and ability to debate this in a civil way. It is literally life and death. Like I said to Serendipity Records. You can say you would support whatever gun legislation, but if you’re not voting for those candidates then you are valuing other things more than the lives of school kids or mall shoppers that are getting gunned down. At this point, I don’t care about taxes or energy policy etc. I’m a single issue voter until something changes.

But the candidates you vote for do not. This issue is not important enough to you.
Like I said to Serendipity Records. You can say you would support whatever gun legislation, but if you’re not voting for those candidates then you are valuing other things more than the lives of school kids or mall shoppers that are getting gunned down. At this point, I don’t care about taxes or energy policy etc. I’m a single issue voter until something changes.
Hey, you're catching on! I'm a single issue voter as well:
The Reps are only a lesser evil when it comes to abortion. That's why I support them. According to the Guttmacher Institute, there were 930,160 abortions in the US in 2020. Apart from those that will save the life of the mother, I count every single one as a homicide.
So yeah, there is a compromise. I could literally be dating someone today who was aborted a generation ago (just looking for an impactful thing to say :cry:). And I believe you said that Trump pushed for a gun regulation bill. Go Trump!

Hey, you're catching on! I'm a single issue voter as well:
The Reps are only a lesser evil when it comes to abortion. That's why I support them. According to the Guttmacher Institute, there were 930,160 abortions in the US in 2020. Apart from those that will save the life of the mother, I count every single one as a homicide.
So yeah, there is a compromise. I could literally be dating someone today who was aborted a generation ago (just looking for an impactful thing to say :cry:). And I believe you said that Trump pushed for a gun regulation bill. Go Trump!
I can respect that. I don’t want to derail this thread and discuss abortion here, but I would elsewhere. Suffice it to say I don’t love the idea of abortion, but I don’t believe you can force a woman to have a baby. So not my place.

You can ask pro-life republicans you vote for to address gun violence. Why are they only pro-life for fetuses?

Think about this...
The USA banned Kinder Surprise chocolate egg treats.
Why? Because they "might" be a choking hazard for small children that don't understand what to do with the little toy inside.

But... the most prolific killer of children now is guns.
So... um... WTAF?

There is absolutely no excuse for not bringing in more robust gun legislation.
Anything else is just shoulder shrugging, throwing your hands in the air, and saying "It's just too hard" (bullshit), or "That's just the price YOU have to pay for me to have any and all guns I want" (disgusting and horrifying).
Makes me sick, and if I see this kind of shit coming up here you can bet I'll be voting it out.

And I believe you said that Trump pushed for a gun regulation bill. Go Trump!
He signed an executive order to get rid of bump stocks after they were used in the Las Vegas shooting. Hardly a very meaningful piece of legislation, and he probably knew it would be challenged / defeated in court anyway.

Think about this...
The USA banned Kinder Surprise chocolate egg treats.
Why? Because they "might" be a choking hazard for small children that don't understand what to do with the little toy inside.

But... the most prolific killer of children now is guns.
So... um... WTAF?

There is absolutely no excuse for not bringing in more robust gun legislation.
Anything else is just shoulder shrugging, throwing your hands in the air, and saying "It's just too hard" (bullshit), or "That's just the price YOU have to pay for me to have any and all guns I want" (disgusting and horrifying).
Makes me sick, and if I see this kind of shit coming up here you can bet I'll be voting it out.
I’m finding it difficult to not channel that anger only to the politicians, and not also to the people that voted them in. I can’t believe we are standing around watching this shit happen day after day.

Heh, I'm just seeing this/these posteses.

Oh, I know plenty, and I am right...correct, that is.

You? Well, you don't even know the relationship between the terms conservative and right wing. I bet your liberal friends do. No wonder your pearl clutching reaction.

What does it mean to me? I would strongly suggest the same thing it means to any reputable institution that delves into the defining of terms. I'm not going to look it up, I don't have to. You probably should.

I’m finding it difficult to not channel that anger only to the politicians, and not also to the people that voted them in. I can’t believe we are standing around watching this shit happen day after day.
Interesting point...
Recently there was a poll of Fox news viewers that was overwhelmingly in support of increased gun controls.

I'm pretty sure the people that answered the poll didn't vote Democrat. Look at those numbers.
The people they voted in ARE NOT LISTENING, nor do they give a shit about constituents.
Shameful at the least, criminal is more like it.

Back