And today's American mass shooting....

Edit: Thousands? That in itself sounds like an exaggeration. Thousands. Over what time frame?
You can’t be bothered to even know how many victims die from this? It’s been over 600 a year for the last few years, over 300 a year most of the years prior. So yes, thousands.

You can’t prove that. I can’t either. So let’s just leave it at you believe what you want and so will I.
Actually I can. I own a registered gun. My state knows exactly where to find me and my gun. No one’s at the door.

Actually I can. I own a registered gun. My state knows exactly where to find me and my gun. No one’s at the door.
Means nothing. They don’t want your gun.......yet. You can’t prove the government’s future intentions.

Means nothing. They don’t want your gun.......yet. You can’t prove the government’s future intentions.
Not going to risk my grandchildren getting shot in their schools for your illogical fear. There’s no way that would happen overnight even if it was the intent. Kids are dying.

Maybe it is. Maybe you’re not willing to look for root causes to the violence epidemic.
I’m happy to. So far, the data says it’s the amount of guns in this country. What data do you have that says it’s something else? We need to wait for that or can we use the data we know now?

Not going to risk my grandchildren getting shot in their schools for your illogical fear. There’s no way that would happen overnight even if it was the intent. Kids are dying.

I have a daughter in public school. I worry too. Luckily we have a very good sheriff’s dept a stones throw away from my house and the School. Other places aren’t that fortunate.

What do you do when there’s trouble? Call and get a good guy with a gun. (Cops)

Maybe trained concealed carry teachers in the schools would be a good thing. Our cops support that as does most of the community.

As a commentary, there’s too many pussies in the world.

From the video of the Texas shooting I saw, that shooter could have been stopped much earlier.

The shooter pulls up, doesn’t park, gets out of his car and just starts shooting.

A black pickup truck was backed up in a parking space and he pulls out and takes a right turn and gets the hell out of there. It would have been so easy to just turn left, hit the gas and run the guy down.

Now I realize that’s some Rambo shit, but maybe we need more ‘Rambo-like’ people in the world today. We’re all just waiting for the cops to come save us. What if they don’t come in time??

I’m happy to. So far, the data says it’s the amount of guns in this country. What data do you have that says it’s something else? We need to wait for that or can we use the data we know now?
Really? We’ve always had plenty of guns. We haven’t always had the levels of violence we do today

What do you do when there’s trouble? Call and get a good guy with a gun. (Cops)

We’re all just waiting for the cops to come save us. What if they don’t come in time??
What about Uvaldi? What about TX last weekend? You said it yourself. It could have been stopped sooner but it wasn’t. You simply can’t rely on good guys with guns. There needs to be better regulation on WHO has the guns in the first place.

What about Uvaldi? What about TX last weekend? You said it yourself. It could have been stopped sooner but it wasn’t. You simply can’t rely on good guys with guns. There needs to be better regulation on WHO has the guns in the first place.
I’m in full agreement that crazy unstable people shouldn’t have them, but blanket prohibiting of certain weapons isn’t the answer.

Question. You don’t have to answer. Do you have an AR?

Really? We’ve always had plenty of guns. We haven’t always had the levels of violence we do today
Erm not really. Crime has been on a decrease for a long time until just in the last year or two with covid. I won’t argue that there are societal differences between today and whatever past date you choose. Things change. That’s a pretty vague generalization though. Only the US has this issue. What’s different in the US today from other countries? If this was some breakdown of society, why is it only us? Is Canada that different?

All rhetorical of course. The answer is we have more guns than people and we don’t seem to give a shit how easy they are to get, and Republicans are all in bed with the NRA. They’d rather your kids get shot than give up the money, votes, and entertainment guns bring them.

I’m in full agreement that crazy unstable people shouldn’t have them, but blanket prohibiting of certain weapons isn’t the answer.

Question. You don’t have to answer. Do you have an AR?
No, just a shotgun.

I don’t recall saying anything about prohibiting any certain weapon in this conversation. I gave examples about registering etc. I am open to buybacks and making more assault-type weapons require additional licensing like the way fully auto weapons are. Forcing removal except in extreme cases is unrealistic.

No, just a shotgun.

Why I ask...... I have a very good friend who’s a local sheriff. Packs a 45 service weapon. He says his handgun is just to hold someone off till he can get to his car to get his AR. That it’s the ultimate ‘defensive’ weapon. Not an assault rifle but a defensive weapon.

Sister in law, former LAPD before her death. Same thing AR is a defensive weapon

Friend who’s a retired LAPD gang unit officer. Same attitude. The AR is a defensive weapon.

That’s three cops who view it as defensive, yet the government and media insists on calling it an assault rifle. (Makes it more scary)

Now in a home protection scenario it would come in quite handy in keeping people away. Shotgun too :)

Last edited:
I don’t recall saying anything about prohibiting any certain weapon in this conversation. I gave examples about registering etc. I am open to buybacks and making more assault-type weapons require additional licensing like the way fully auto weapons are. Forcing removal except in extreme cases is unrealistic.
Not claiming you did, but Biden wants ARs gone.

One more thing then I’m done for the evening.

Regarding good guys with guns......

There’s been many civilians, the ‘hero good guy with a gun’ that have stopped shooters.

But they’re hardly ever given the news coverage they deserve for being hero’s.

The news doesn’t want to cover that but would rather shock and scare the shit out of people.

Why can't it be like driving a car. You apply, go through a background check, take a written test, get a permit, learn to drive with a licensed driver for x amount of time.
Take a drivers test, get your license, get your gun or guns, register them and get your insurance? Tens of millions of Americans have no problem doing that. I know all the arguments I am going to hear so you can skip them if you like. I am a convicted felon and not allowed to own a gun, but my wife and kids can. Another loophole.

Erm not really. Crime has been on a decrease for a long time until just in the last year or two with covid. I won’t argue that there are societal differences between today and whatever past date you choose. Things change. That’s a pretty vague generalization though. Only the US has this issue. What’s different in the US today from other countries? If this was some breakdown of society, why is it only us? Is Canada that different?
What changed in society?

Back