And today's American mass shooting....

You're near Allen?
What a tragedy. Not a lot of info yet except that the shooter is dead, and 9 gone to hospital.
It's insanity...

You're near Allen?
What a tragedy. Not a lot of info yet except that the shooter is dead, and 9 gone to hospital.
It's insanity...
Yep. Like I said - just down the road. I shop there.

There are photos circulating showing at least 4 dead.

And a video that is fairly graphic. I see that YouTube pulled it.

Today's shooting happened in my community - but this *national* problem is just that. It's, by now, a national problem. And it will persist.

Like I said.... thoughts and prayers.... :facepalm: (the prayers aren't working).... and keep your head down.

Sorry to hear it Porterhouse. We just had the shooting at a local bank less than a month ago. One of the policemen who arrived first on the scene was shot in the head and is still in the hospital in critical but stable condition after a month. He had just graduated from the police academy 10 days before.

Frankly, I just don't understand how any person could do such a thing. I just feel like the more publicity these things get, the more crazies say "hey, that's cool. I could do that!" Monkey see, Monkey do.

Too many guns... and they are way too available.
I know someone is going to tell me that it's all about mental health or some other bullshit. Thing is you can never tell when someone is going to snap, and lose it.
It's just too easy to get guns.

It's an interesting experiment. To flood this particular culture with firearms with very few restrictions. I now better understand the plight of the guinea pig.

Sorry about what you community is having to deal with Porterhouse dude. The pain, heartache and ocean of sadness that the victims families must now navigate through is so very very wrong.

I saw a post somewhere about Cain killing Able with a rock so rocks need to banned.
Well we can't really ban rocks but we can do a lot better job of controlling who gets to own guns / buy guns than we are currently doing.
It is going to be impossible to stop this shit under the current laws.
My best bud from high school's house backed up to the home of the victims of my little town's mass murderer the Covina Santa Claus killer. It can happen anywhere anytime. This week the local high school had to be evacuated because some jack ass called the local police and said there was a bomb that was going to go off... At least 80 police units from several local cities, bomb sniffing dogs, homeland security and the FBI were all there for hours...false alarm...no bomb...the stress, the time and money just because some twisted jack ass thinks it's clever or funny...or was not going to make the deadline for his/her term paper...No rhyme or reason most often. just fucked up in the head peeps. Mans inhumanity to man is not a new thing and we are probably doing better than our ancestors but we sure still have a long way to go.

I'm hoping that this issue never finds its' way to us north of the border. Obviously there's gun crime/violence here, but nothing like this...

We don't have guns, but sadly the idiots who shoot folk in the US, here, would probably stab people. These things are on the increase. The criminal, or wanna be criminals everywhere use whatever they can lay their hands on. I used to think the US gun laws were crazy, but then realised it's the people who are crazy.

I ordered from amazon a scalple and packet of blades with a cutting mat. I had to show the delivery guy proof I was over 18 - so even Amazon are trying. here we lock the people away for a while. In the US, they get shot by law enforcement. So even that doesn't stop these people doing what they do. Hopefully when I die, I'll go never ever having touched a gun. I don't feel I have missed out on anything.

When they created the right to bear arms, America was a different place.
The gun lobby are a bunch of idiots.
In England, we have a serious knife problem, but they can't do as much harm as automatic guns.
Any mention of a gun here, and the police will be all over you.
Being caught carrying a knife risks a prison sentence.
The gun lobby are a bunch of idiots.

I know this has been said before.....but there's no way the authors of the constitution could have envisioned the kind of weapons we have today. Really? An AK47 or the like? They did advocate for a "well regulated militia"....which IMO only....means a controlled situation of people bearing arms. Also....doesn't "regulated" possibly mean......under command control....or registered or....well...many things.....except.......unlimited?

I have a hand gun. I keep it in the house...admittedly ready to use. It could be more secure. I wouldn't want anyone to take it away from me. But I would have no problem if the US outlawed assualt style weapons. Ok...we can debate what "assualt style" means....but you get the point.

So...some will say...ok sure....but that's only the beginning. Eventually they'll take all your guns away. Oh really? I say no....and I'll bet 90% of people like me who do own a gun like mine would say.....no way...over my dead body. It's not all or nothing.

One person can carry an RPG. One person can carry a shoulder mounted missle launcher. One person can throw a grenade. Are those thing ok for people to "bear"? Oh....right....those things cannot be sold to the public.

The right only cares about saying no to anything......who or what they consider the left....or a Democrat. If you're a Republican.....you can't "lose" to a Democrat. No way....no how....win at all costs.....or you're a loser....and you're out. Kids and other people are gonna die. Hey...that's life.....too bad.

The left is no more forgiving....and idotic. They day dream about a "wonderful world"....as if there's no need for self defense. You know that because they have no idea how to fight. They could never lead an army. God forbid.

If this post makes you mad........ok......sorry.....but come on man.

Mick

I know this has been said before.....but there's no way the authors of the constitution could have envisioned the kind of weapons we have today. Really? An AK47 or the like? They did advocate for a "well regulated militia"....which IMO only....means a controlled situation of people bearing arms. Also....doesn't "regulated" possibly mean......under command control....or registered or....well...many things.....except.......unlimited?

I have a hand gun. I keep it in the house...admittedly ready to use. It could be more secure. I wouldn't want anyone to take it away from me. But I would have no problem if the US outlawed assualt style weapons. Ok...we can debate what "assualt style" means....but you get the point.

So...some will say...ok sure....but that's only the beginning. Eventually they'll take all your guns away. Oh really? I say no....and I'll bet 90% of people like me who do own a gun like mine would say.....no way...over my dead body. It's not all or nothing.

One person can carry an RPG. One person can carry a shoulder mounted missle launcher. One person can throw a grenade. Are those thing ok for people to "bear"? Oh....right....those things cannot be sold to the public.

The right only cares about saying no to anything......who or what they consider the left....or a Democrat. If you're a Republican.....you can't "lose" to a Democrat. No way....no how....win at all costs.....or you're a loser....and you're out. Kids and other people are gonna die. Hey...that's life.....too bad.

The left is no more forgiving....and idotic. They day dream about a "wonderful world"....as if there's no need for self defense. You know that because they have no idea how to fight. They could never lead an army. God forbid.

If this post makes you mad........ok......sorry.....but come on man.

Mick
Thanks man! I generally agree. If you ask me for my definition of a ban-able weapon, I say anything full-auto. I kinda think semi-auto rifles should be allowed though. And for sure, the regulatory system needs updating... though nothing as wild as the Dems would have you believe.

Back