And today's American mass shooting....

So you've gone from "nobody gives af about guns" to having to backpedal on that.

It's a really stupid place where criminals use guns to commit crimes at will and the population at large is prohibited from using firearms against criminals.

Your assertion about not having to make a plan implying there's no crime is just delusion or a straight-up lie.

So the answer to my question is your plan in the face of criminality is to be victimized. Another Canadian sheep to be shorn.
Not sure if you are in one cult or two. :-)

You scoff at the reality of criminality in the US, you live in denial about criminality in Canada - "nobody carries guns" - obviously criminals do.

...and you talk about cults.
And you think Joe Biden should be POTUS.

Last edited:
Me too.
I don't need a plan...
Let that sink in...

Your rhetoric isn't at all dishonest, because whether or not you see it, you are admitting it that "the man", in some cities throughout America should be held accountable for their failure of leadership. It can also be stated that "the women" who serve as mayor in a huge city largely controlled by Democrats, such as Chicago, San Francisco, and elsewhere are equally incompetent.

Just yesterday, one of those shit for brains woman mayors suggested that FEMA should step in to remove all of the homeless people from her city, as if the homeless situation was the result of a hurricane.

Perhaps it's time for you join the ranks of Independent minded voters.
I hate quoting myself, but I'll take the risk.

We all have our opinions, politically, perhaps based upon how many parents raise thier kids to think likewise.

Fortunately, I never agreed with my Dad who throughout the Watergate hearings defended Nixon.

I remember my Dad saying, "Nixon is great! He opened the door to China."

And here we are all these years later, perhaps faced with the truth that current day politicians, President and son included, are among the group still reaping the rewards of disclosed or undisclosed ties to XI.

I hate quoting myself, but I'll take the risk.

We all have our opinions, politically, perhaps based upon how many parents raise thier kids to think likewise.

Fortunately, I never agreed with my Dad who throughout the Watergate hearings defended Nixon.

I remember my Dad saying, "Nixon is great! He opened the door to China."

And here we are all these years later, perhaps faced with the truth that current day politicians, President and son included, are among the group still reaping the rewards of disclosed or undisclosed ties to XI.
Nixon opening the door to China, while many heralded it as a good thing, was like opening up Pandora’s box.

Look where we are today. A consumer society with all of our major production outsourced.

We’ve become addicted to cheap affordable Chinese merchandise.

We consume, but don’t produce.

One can only consume so much before the artificial money runs out. Chickens come home to roost.

Not to mention a war..... China could immobilize and neuter us without firing a shot. Simply cut us off. No phones, no chips, no car parts, no steel, no drugs, no dog food, no clothing, etc, etc.

That would be a shitstorm.

Would you agree with the statement that there is a correlation between crime and poverty? Would you agree that on average, black people have much higher poverty rates? Then it would follow that there are higher crime rates among blacks.
From this it would also follow that poverty is caused by crime, not vice versa.

I live in a place where I don't need a plan.
Nobody has any guns
Nobody wants a gun
You live in a place of fear and paranoia. Enjoy.
How many people are actually "fearful" in the States? Paranoia is actually the perfect word here tho:
  1. unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people or their actions.

2. the unwarranted or delusional belief that one is being persecuted, harassed, or betrayed by others, occurring as part of a mental condition.

All of those that are/were duped into buying guns because of an unsubstantiated fear that guns were going to be taken away.
This cycle repeats every time there is a mass shooting.
This happens obviously way too often.
Of course it couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that every time there is a widely publicized shooting, the government immediately goes on the ‘must pass more laws’ bandwagon.

And yes, people interested in firearms will go to buy them before they possibly cannot.

That not paranoia. Just getting ahead of the curve.

Look at your own recent handgun laws in Canada. Trudeau has made it almost impossible to get a handgun.

Point is, you never know what the government will do.

And they, the government and the media, absolutely love to exploit the children.
Kids being shot at a school or a mall gets great mileage in the emotional outrage department.

They don’t give a shit about the Black or Hispanic gang members that get shot on any given weekend in the inner cities.

But the kids tug at people’s heartstrings.

The paranoia comes from those people who then clamor the mantra of “Something Must Be Done’’ ! Pass more laws!

It’s a strategy designed to instill fear and outrage to get people on board with more gun laws and the eventual banning of private ownership of firearms.

So no, the gun owners aren’t paranoid. It’s people like you. You’re the paranoid one.

Sad thing is you don’t even know it.

Freakonomics. Canada has fewer people that California.

"Gun culture" isn't the reason we have mass shootings. American culture is why we have mass shootings.

Gun enthusiasts are probably the most law-abiding citizens the USA has got, which is why you don't get a lot of mass shootings at the range.

"Gun culture" isn't the reason we have mass shootings.
Dave can correct me if I've misunderstood - but I assumed when he said "gun culture" he meant not only the unusual per capita enthusiasm for guns, gun rights, and gun ownership (as well as the sheer number of guns sold and currently in circulation) but also the unusual amount of gun violence not limited to but including mass shootings.

Dave can correct me if I've misunderstood - but I assumed when he said "gun culture" he meant not only the unusual per capita enthusiasm for guns, gun rights, and gun ownership (as well as the sheer number of guns sold and currently in circulation) but also the unusual amount of gun violence not limited to but including mass shootings.
Nailed it, thanks.
And I don't understand what is meant by "American" culture causing mass shootings.

Freakonomics. Canada has fewer people that California.

"Gun culture" isn't the reason we have mass shootings. American culture is why we have mass shootings.

Gun enthusiasts are probably the most law-abiding citizens the USA has got, which is why you don't get a lot of mass shootings at the range.
American culture lol. You berry funny man

Nailed it, thanks.
And I don't understand what is meant by "American" culture causing mass shootings.

Look at American television and film. It's almost always "good guy with gun does job the police or CIA or whatever won't." Nearly every problem is solved with a gun. Murder after murder after murder, but not a nipple to be seen.

Look at American urban "respect" culture. Look at American prison culture. "Come and Take It." "Don't Tread on Me." Consult any western.

Shit, look at the way we drive. Every single one of us has had a "road rage" encounter or participated in one.

There are a lot of poor people in the US and for many, respect is all they have. They are willing to kill you over it. Does that sound normal to you?

Back