Akg C1000 Challenge

doulos24

ok this guy was like i recorded 28 songs in 30 days or something insane so here is my attempt im a mix engineer producer and im going to make a song with only 1 akg c1000 and the preamps in my digi 001 :D

wish me luck anyone want to play along if you have a akg c1000 go for it this is what seperates the real men from the boys right here lol

so here is my attempt im a mix engineer producer and im going to make a song with only 1 akg c1000 and the preamps in my digi 001 :D

Take a look on Rami´s recordings. Excellent sound with a pair of AKG 1000 and
one BD mic.

Ciro

one BD mic.

Ciro

Thanx CIRO. :cool:

Since you mention it, I'll post these 2. One is the drum track to a cover of "Hard to Handle", and the other is the drum track from one of my tunes.

Both done with 3 mics: 2 AKG C1000's for overheads, and a D-112 on the kik.

Nothing special, and kind of boring without the rest of the music......

Hard to Handle Drums

Twisted Drums

Oppps!
Is a chance to <analyze> and as a "bonus" jam with a real player instead of "boring" MIDI loops and samplers.
Thanks

Ciro

one BD mic.

Ciro

I've got a pair of AKG C1000s's, too. I know they're not wildly popular around here, and I'll freely admit that they're the only SDC's I've used extensively, but I have to say that I've had no complaints with them myself - there are probably better overheads out there, I'm sure, but if you can't get a good sounding recording out of them then it's probably not the mics, you know?

Thanx CIRO. :cool:

Since you mention it, I'll post these 2. One is the drum track to a cover of "Hard to Handle", and the other is the drum track from one of my tunes.

Both done with 3 mics: 2 AKG C1000's for overheads, and a D-112 on the kik.

Hard to Handle Drums

Twisted Drums

Hey Rami, did you already put bass traps on your new place?

("I kill you" reminds me of Achmed! :D:D:D)

JuliánFernández;3104214 said:
Hey Rami, did you already put bass traps on your new place?

("I kill you" reminds me of Achmed! :D:D:D)

Hey Juliàn,

Yeah, my place isn't that new any more. We've been there since July. My bass traps were probably the first thing I put up. It's a small room I'm in, though. About 10'X14' with 7' ceilings. But I think I have it set up pretty good and I'm getting used to it.

(Hehe...I didn't even think of Ahmed when I typed that. I think I'll change the "I'll" to "I" :D )

Sounds good Rami...

i use a three mic setup as well, beta 52 and two Oktava mc012's overhead. but i just kind of stick mine over the top of the kit at the same height. i need to do more research on the more scientific methods...
JasonBird

You´re getting really good sounds, man...

How many traps do you have on your studio?

(I can´t wait to get my wool order! :) )

Sorry, man. Forgot about this thread.

To answer your question, I have 5 traps all together. 3 in the corners (with a thick couch in the 4th corner), 1 along one wall, and 1 that I move around depending which instrument I'm recording.

What was the point of this thread in the first place??? :eek:

Back