Akg 414 xlii or akg 414 xls?

Sikkis

Hello,
I have heard recently my voice through an AKG 414 LTD and i was amazed..i dare to say that i prefer this mic than the NEUMANN U87-which i have tested in a studio too..(Ι don't say that it is
a better mic,but its nicer to my voice)

I found the akg more live mic and sweet, than the flat neumann..... and much much cheaper too.....anyway

The akg ltd edition is discontinued and i am beetween xls and xlii...which one do you prefer for vocals and instruments( for balland and balland rock music)?

As long as it is for your voice...the C214 is the same circut as the uls in cardiod only...and a few hundred less...I sold my C414 uls after buying a Shure KSM44...I got better results with it...you might try that one too while you are still shopping.

As long as it is for your voice...the C214 is the same circut as the uls in cardiod only...and a few hundred less...I sold my C414 uls after buying a Shure KSM44...I got better results with it...you might try that one too while you are still shopping.

The C214 is an electret condensor and the C414 is a true condensor. There's a big difference.

This might help with sorting the difference between the C414 XLS & XLII versions.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/articles/akgmics.htm

:)

thanks guys........ the akg 414 xls is also 200 euros cheaper than xlii here in Europe.....i believe also that this could be warmer and more sweet than the more crispy xlii version.....

The C214 is an electret condensor and the C414 is a true condensor. There's a big difference.

This might help with sorting the difference between the C414 XLS & XLII versions.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/articles/akgmics.htm

:)

It is an electret using the same design capsule...which makes it close...

The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology, which results in an outstanding performance very close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.

I havent used the 214 but have had a C414 B-XLS...I have recently replaced it with a Shure KSM44 which seems to do better for me.

Back