A new freaking dense mix.

Marcadiablo

Still a newbie
Long time since my last song. Here's my new thing. Its call "Lucerito Del Sur". Once again, thanks Greg L for the bass. I did all the rest. :) The funny thing is that i don't know how to play an instrument, at least properly. Let me guys know what you think. :)

Alex.

Sounds pretty good homeslice. I think you could maybe scoop a little bit of low mid out of my bass track and turn it up just a hair. It's getting lost in the guitars and synths a little bit. The snare can come down too. Get it sitting in the mix a little more. Nice song. Thanks for having me on it. What's this, like 4 or 5 now? We're a band and I have no idea what any of the music is saying. :D

Sounds pretty good homeslice. I think you could maybe scoop a little bit of low mid out of my bass track and turn it up just a hair. It's getting lost in the guitars and synths a little bit. The snare can come down too. Get it sitting in the mix a little more. Nice song. Thanks for having me on it. What's this, like 4 or 5 now? We're a band and I have no idea what any of the music is saying. :D
Thanks man. I'll do that. Yes, we are kind of a distance band. LOL. But don't worry, all I say in the songs is gay remarks about you so don't worry. LOL Kidding.! :D:D:D

This one any better?

Yeah but now the bass is a little too loud. :D

The bass tone sounds kind of boomy. It didn't seem that boomy when I tracked it mixed in with the clip you sent me. Have you done any processing to it? I used the same bass settings that I used for your stuff before and they didn't seem so boomy. :confused:

Damn it! :D Hold on.

You know what may be? I change to a Toneport KB37 and now that the sound is going through the Line 6, the bass is not the same as when the sound was coming directly from my soundcard. Now I have to get it right again.

This is very cool. One thing though - I know your mix is very dense already but some backing vocals will really sound great, especially in the louder parts. Vocals sound great but thin in comparison to the rest of the mix.

Well done, and I like the genre. Very cool.

this sounds really, really good...

I agree with Tim about bg vocals...

Its just gonna kill me to find out you are signing about Greg's ass...

Last edited:
It's certainly a musical journey.
I did recongnize nada in there somewhere.
I's suggest just a little definition for the bass - a 2db boost at 3Khz is all.
Nice stuff - be much cooler with real strings when you get the advance.

It's certainly a musical journey.
I did recongnize nada in there somewhere.
I's suggest just a little definition for the bass - a 2db boost at 3Khz is all.
Nice stuff - be much cooler with real strings when you get the advance.
I have to work a little on that. I just got frustrated yesterday. I'll get ot it when I clear my head a little. Yes, I wish I had a live string section, but what can we do? :) I have Miroslav Philharmonik and really, doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for your input, man. Always welcomed. :)

You seem to be spreading your wings and about to fly, Alex. Your sound is evolving from the more tentative " Recuerdos Iguales" to this more rockish approach.

Your voice is more confident and you are gaining more technique as well.

The background strings are fine, but the lead string instrument sounds a little unrealistic.

What do you mean you can't play an instrument? What do elves come in in the middle of the night and lay down your tracks for you?

Nice song.

Wig:)

You seem to be spreading your wings and about to fly, Alex. Your sound is evolving from the more tentative " Recuerdos Iguales" to this more rockish approach.

Your voice is more confident and you are gaining more technique as well.

The background strings are fine, but the lead string instrument sounds a little unrealistic.

What do you mean you can't play an instrument? What do elves come in in the middle of the night and lay down your tracks for you?

Nice song.

Wig:)

Thanks, my dear friend. I'm gonna do something about that lead string. I think its the reverb on it. And yes, I cant play an instrument. I play everything by ear. Don't know any technical term and even don't know the majority of the name of the chords. I was in a fairly successful band for eleven years without that knowledge. I'm not kidding. :o I just do what i can with what i know. But learning a little more every day. Thanks for the input, brother.

Alex, you're not the only one who plays by ear.....I can't read a single note! :D I's all just feel for me and I think It's that way for a lot of people here. Important is not how you doi, it just has to sound good. And damn, your music sounds great! This reminds me of holidays in Spain....;)
But seriously, you put so much of that beautiful latin feeling in your singing, it's just a pleasure to listen to. Recording sounds great to me and for the 100th time, I envy your drums. Great band you and Greg have going...:D

Joe :):)

Alex, you're not the only one who plays by ear.....I can't read a single note! :D I's all just feel for me and I think It's that way for a lot of people here. Important is not how you doi, it just has to sound good. And damn, your music sounds great! This reminds me of holidays in Spain....;)
But seriously, you put so much of that beautiful latin feeling in your singing, it's just a pleasure to listen to. Recording sounds great to me and for the 100th time, I envy your drums. Great band you and Greg have going...:D

Joe :):)
I cant read one either! LOL. All I can play is power chords. I cant play picked (is that right?) in any way or form. I'm practicing, tho. I have always been a singer, I got a guitar about a year ago or so. I hope to get better. :) Thanks for the kind words, man.

Back