2nd AI Choice

Interesting.

Miner, i thought you also has a dedicated reamp box too? I recall you educating me on one a while back? So, would this KA6 also replace the need for that reamp box? Or work alongside the reamp box?
If i could kill two birds with one stone i'd definitely consider replacing the focusrite with a KA6 for that price!!
I have a re-amp box along with the KA6 dude....Actually, I stumbled on this by accident, but it worked out really well as I can leave my re-amper connected to my interface 24/7, & re-amp my di's really easily...I have the Radial RMP Pro, it's about $100...

The good thing for me about the KA6 is the extra 1/4" hardware outs, which I use one of to send my di signal to the Radial (1/4" TRS to XLR cable)...Again, I stumbled on this by accident when I bought the KA6, but it worked out great when I made the switch to real amps...

I have a re-amp box along with the KA6 dude....Actually, I stumbled on this by accident, but it worked out really well as I can leave my re-amper connected to my interface 24/7, & re-amp my di's really easily...I have the Radial RMP Pro, it's about $100...

The good thing for me about the KA6 is the extra 1/4" hardware outs, which I use one of to send my di signal to the Radial (1/4" TRS to XLR cable)...Again, I stumbled on this by accident when I bought the KA6, but it worked out great when I made the switch to real amps...

Ahhhh. o.k. I was leading up to "so if you don't need that Radial anymore i'd buy it off ya " ahahaha
But even so thats awesome. Youd think having extra outputs like the KA6 would be almost a standard. Even just one extra. Most people will have two outputs chewed up with monitors as it is. So it would stand to reason to have one or two more for other purposes.

Interesting. I am going to look into the KA6 a little deeper i think. It could make my life in my basement studio a little more interesting given my new found hobby of renting amps for a day/week/month!

Only thing with the reamp is you miss out on a bit of feed back. But that can be overdubbed if needed. Maybe?

Ahhhh. o.k. I was leading up to "so if you don't need that Radial anymore i'd buy it off ya " ahahaha
But even so thats awesome. Youd think having extra outputs like the KA6 would be almost a standard. Even just one extra. Most people will have two outputs chewed up with monitors as it is. So it would stand to reason to have one or two more for other purposes.

Interesting. I am going to look into the KA6 a little deeper i think. It could make my life in my basement studio a little more interesting given my new found hobby of renting amps for a day/week/month!

Only thing with the reamp is you miss out on a bit of feed back. But that can be overdubbed if needed. Maybe?
Lol...I'm keeping my Radial box dude...

On the feedback thing, why not record a di & amp'd track at the same time, sitting really close to the amp so it'll feedback, then re-amp it later??? This is exactly how I got those feedback tones on the song I posted back in the summer dude...It works, trust me...If your guitar is feeding back, it'll record it in the di, & then no matter how loud your amp is while re-amping, the feedback is there....Again, it works, trust me....:)

Just a quick note about Line6. Whatever you think of their products, their service is great.

I registered my TonePort in 2008! Got my log in details for their website and they're still supporting it, letting me update drivers etc. Obviously my ancient copy of Gearbox on disk isn't compatible with 64Bit machines, so when I log in I can just download a new copy without any worries. They also seem to be letting me have access to newer stuff at no charge too. I've just upgraded to PodFarm2.5... maybe they think that someone who has persevered with Gearbox for 8 years deserves it.

Justafort!
The KA6 line outs are balanced and one of the problems that can arise when re-amping is a hum loop.
You therefore take a TRS jack lead but only use the tip and ring to feed an amp. In practice it would best to connect tip and ring to the track of a 10k log pot to give level control.

Dave.

Back