1963 Martin 000-28 - help me out here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about this so I researched a little. Whoever wrote this says there were no 000-28's in '63. Check the second paragraph.Martin (used, 1967) 000-28 Brazilian Rosewood Acoustic Guitar - Mandolin Brothers, Ltd.

I've got a '92 000-C16. It's a sweet guitar. I don't know if I've ever played an acoustic I liked better.

Well it isn't my guitar. I hate acoustic guitars. It belongs to one of my dad's friends. He's a wealthy, older Italian man from New Jersey - if that tells you anything. Very cool guy. I like him a lot. Anyway, he's had it forever, maybe since new, and he's been talking about selling it for a long time now. He's just now starting to shop it around but he doesn't know anything about guitar values. I don't either, but I told him I'd try to make sure he doesn't get hosed. You do not want to be the guy that takes advantage of this man's guitar ignorance.

I owned a 1968 000-18 for a short time......Brazilian Rosewood.....nicest guitar I ever played.....

I would say $5,000 to $10,000 depending on condition and wood choice.

I think that's pretty conservative.....maybe a little more.

Well it isn't my guitar. I hate acoustic guitars. It belongs to one of my dad's friends. He's a wealthy, older Italian man from New Jersey - if that tells you anything. Very cool guy. I like him a lot. Anyway, he's had it forever, maybe since new, and he's been talking about selling it for a long time now. He's just now starting to shop it around but he doesn't know anything about guitar values. I don't either, but I told him I'd try to make sure he doesn't get hosed. You do not want to be the guy that takes advantage of this man's guitar ignorance.
Jesse is a friend of mine. He charges $50 for an appraisal, but it's worth it on one like that '63.appraisals
He might even want to buy it.

I owned a 1968 000-18 for a short time......Brazilian Rosewood.....nicest guitar I ever played.....
Nice! Sounds like the one that got away

I think you're close on this, leaning towards the high end.

I'm thinking more like $7,500 - $8,500 with the top end for an extremely clean example. It might have pushed $10K a couple of years ago.

All 18 series Martins have mahogany bodies. The only thing rosewood on them are the fingerboards and bridges.

Where did he say it had a rosewood body?

"I owned a 1968 000-18 for a short time......Brazilian Rosewood.....nicest guitar I ever played....."

Right there. FYI - 18 series Martins are mahogany bodied with spruce tops, rosewood fingerboards and bridges. The 21 series is the lowest numerical series to get a rosewood body and would also have rosewood fingerboards and bridges.

Acoustic guitars are shit, and this one got sold, so you lilith fair folkie girls can quit arguing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back