16 bit recording

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would not worry about recording at 16 bit. Put your efforts into great sounds.

And I second that. Nothing personal Mo Facta, but you do seem to be acting close to the creature who lingers in caves and that is part of a fantasy world in a medieval era. I'm only judging you from your behavior in this very thread...

My behavior? I think you got the wrong guy again, dude. I think my posts are pretty straight forward and fair.

In the event that you've got the RIGHT guy, please explain my behavior to me so that I may attempt to vindicate myself.

Cheers :)

My behavior? I think you got the wrong guy again, dude. I think my posts are pretty straight forward and fair.

In the event that you've got the RIGHT guy, please explain my behavior to me so that I may attempt to vindicate myself.

When I read your first post on this thread (the one you describe being astonished), it simply didn't felt right. I mean, you expressed yourself in a way that indirectly label those not sharing your "vision" to be kinda of an 'idiot' lot. At least this is how I felt about it. But then again I thought: "Well so many cultures and life experiences lingering about here, maybe I'm just judging him too rashly". But after noticing Armistice calling you passively a troll (it was referring to you right?) I decided to reinforce the idea of you being one. Because, if you really were one you would act accordingly after reading my post.

This post of yours as response to my "petty provocation" shows me that I judged you wrongly. So I will simply take it back and apologize. :D Was Armistice actually just was fooling around? Jeez... You guys are hard to read... Fun stuff nonetheless lol! This incident also helps me to rethink about things before jumping into conclusions. Thank you.

Last edited:
I understand. I can be a bit brash and maybe a little too frank sometimes and I apologize for that. However, my intentions were certainly not to be inflammatory or to label anyone an idiot. Once again, my initial post in this thread was to address the fact that bouncing between a portastudio and a computer seems like a lot of work to accomplish a simple recording. I was merely trying to understand why someone would go through the hassle if there are easier options. If you read my posts, I stress words like "personally" and "in my opinion" because I realise there are many points of view and I wouldn't try and belittle anyone that differs with mine.

Yup. He did get the wrong guy again. He should just stop trying to name people and typr "OP" instead.

But after noticing Armistice calling you passively a troll (it was referring to you right?)

I don't think so. AFAIK, he had my back the whole time.
I think Armistice was referring to the OP, not Uncle Mo.

I personally would not worry about recording at 16 bit. Put your efforts into great sounds.
This really should be the 2nd last word.....but we can't help ourselves !

Sadly, you dont understand windows 7 and the issues it has caused folks. Most pcs come with it now which is one reason im leery.

BS

Win 7 is by FAR the best OS for recording purposes ever released by Microsoft

You might want to read up about it.........

And you don't have to buy a pc anyway.

If you have anything reasonably modern you can install your DAW of choice on it, install your interface and be recording in no time.

This is exactly what I did on my secondary DAW & Sonar X2 - used the general office/internet/games machine

LOL, if you're not trolling, you're starting to do a really good impression of it.

The information you seek is widely available in any number of reference publications around the web. You didn't need to talk to anyone to get opinions.

99% of people who come through this place and talk to exactly the same people form the exact opposite impression of the place to what you've stated, but it must be us, right?

Good luck and I hope you don't require any actual help in the future because I don't think too many people here are going to want to give it. Feel free to have the last word, I'm out of this thread now.

Why is anybody who has a different set of beliefs trolling?

And I thought this WAS online? Look online for the answers? Guess where I ended up, if this is not for questions what is?

BS

Win 7 is by FAR the best OS for recording purposes ever released by Microsoft

You might want to read up about it.........

The obvious flaw in your argument is that it's NOT BS. Thats your opinion only. Unless you can prove thats its better for recording, well have to write it off as opinion.

The obvious flaw in your argument is that it's NOT BS. Thats your opinion only. Unless you can prove thats its better for recording, well have to write it off as opinion.

It's funny you say that, because you haven't given any solid facts to say that it DOES suck for recording... Only your opinion as well.
We've stated how many people here are using Windows 7 (I am... Just finished recording/mixing 3 bands and several solo artists on it without a hitch), so I dunno where you get YOUR facts from.

These forums are so gay.

Welcome to the interwebz.

It's funny you say that, because you haven't given any solid facts to say that it DOES suck for recording... Only your opinion as well.
We've stated how many people here are using Windows 7 (I am... Just finished recording/mixing 3 bands and several solo artists on it without a hitch), so I dunno where you get YOUR facts from.

Welcome to the interwebz.

the obvious flaw in your response is you dont want to say your fellow member was wrong. Im not the one who said 'thats bs'

He did, i simply said others are having issues with it, if he is not, thats his experience.

I never said bs to his replies.

These comments are never seen for what they are, arrogant.

I never said bs to his replies.

You never directly said "BS", but earlier you told him he was wrong and didn't know essentially anything about the OS because he said it was good for recording...
That's a pretty arrogant statement right there, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back