In memory of the banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the summary.

So it's a forum that bans members pretty much just like this one. :D

Not really...not yet, anyway.
It just prevented someone from joining...not like a "ban" to an existing member...especially to some member that contributed so much to a forum. ;)

Miro...I agree "Not really" is correct.

The HR.com mods would not ban or deny someone membership to HR.com based soley upon one or even a couple HR.com members having a dislike for that person. They'd be given a chance.

How it went down with Jimi would have never happened here. That a single member has that kind of power is weird...unless that member is the owner or BFF with the owner...which maybe in this case it is...No one is claiming ownership like EZ did with A&A. So mysterious :laughings:

It's just weird...I don't know for sure either way but I don't remember Jimi ever being banned here at HR.com. He has his opinions and sometimes strong ones but he's a decent cat, a great player with a good amount of knowledge to share of his own accord... Their loss.

It's just weird...I don't know for sure either way but I don't remember Jimi ever being banned here at HR.com. He has his opinions and sometimes strong ones but he's a decent cat, a great player with a good amount of knowledge to share of his own accord... Their loss.

Personally I like Jimi. I have never had any problems with him nor have I been aware of any problems with him. I also respect him as a player and all around musician.

I have no idea why the other place denied him membership. But... Their house, their rules.
There are lots of forums that screen membership applications and deny people.

We are all in reality guests in somone else's house.

Despite the agenda for political correctness, and the inclusion of everyone, we still all have a basic human right to deal with and communicate with those we wish to deal with and avoid those we don't want that interaction with.

I know I wouldn't like to be forced to deal with someone that wasn't welcome in my world. I also wouldn't want to be included in a place I wasn't welcome.

The beauty of the diverse landscape of the net is that there us a place where anyone can fit in and be welcome.

That a single member has that kind of power is weird...

I think it was stated a few times that there was more than one person there who asked for that.
They were even democratic about it from what I saw...and the choice was given...him or them.
They had their personal reasons.
Since those guys were part of the initial group that came together to get the BBS going...ahh...I don't think there's anything really "weird" about them getting their way in that situation.

I don't have any feelings one way or the other toward Jimi...but the point of the new BBS is that it's a sorta group majority democratic thing...and not just one or two mods making all the decisions.

AFA this place...one or two people have been able to push the mods/admins in a given direction with enough complaints about someone else. Let's not kid ourselves that it hasn't happened here...though I'm sure no one will ever admit it.

There are members there who have never been here...and it's just some of the folks HERE that are seeing it as some "retaliatory response"...when it's really more about having a pure member driven BBS as opposed to one that is driven by a French conglomerate that rarely sticks it's nose into the site anymore.
It's ludicrous and disingenuous of you to not to acknowledge the fact that the RecordingRebels website creation is purely a retaliatory response to HR with the sole intent of stirring shit up here at HR.

HR is and always has been a member driven BBS regardless of who has owned the website.

All of a sudden, to you and and others, it's unacceptable that the French owners no longer "sticks it's nose" into HR? What problems remain here at HR that they need to stick their noses into to fix?

They fixed *all* the problems here at HR after a couple of members launched a concerted effort to have The Cave shutdown. I'll admit that The Cave had become a cesspool, but it was a cesspool that everyone had the choice of swimming in or not swimming in. Nonetheless, Calimoose, et al, bought into the idea that The Cave needed to be shut down to put an end to political discussions etc.

I find it amusing that Audiofanzine put a muzzle on the mouths of HR members and still allow members at another website they own and operate.
Rig-Talk ? Index page

Take a walk through the off topic forum there at Rig Talk.
Rig-Talk ? View forum - OffTopic Central

The hypocrisy of what is allowable at HR and what is allowable at Rig Talk is quite apparent.

I read Jimistone's introduction post at RR. He explicitly stated that he wanted to occasionally participate in the Tone Thread at RR.

And Jimi was banned simply because someone at RR has the power.

Bad form in spite of JDOD's open invitation.

Nonetheless, Calimoose, et al, bought into the idea that The Cave needed to be shut down

No, that was the mods.
Cali agreed and had the admin access to flick the switch.

to put an end to political discussions etc.

It wasn't really anything to do with politics.
It was largely because of non-stop trolling and stirring which got out of hand, pouring over into the main forums and the mod section via reports.

No, that was the mods.
Cali agreed and had the admin access to flick the switch.

It wasn't really anything to do with politics.
It was largely because of non-stop trolling and stirring which got out of hand, pouring over into the main forums and the mod section via reports.

I accept your responses. Thanks for the clarification as to why certain decisions were made.

It's ludicrous and disingenuous of you to not to acknowledge the fact that the RecordingRebels website creation is purely a retaliatory response to HR with the sole intent of stirring shit up here at HR.

I think it's mostly some folks here that don't like a couple of guys over there, who are being retaliatory by endlessly twisting the reasons as they see them, and then making a "martyr" out of Jimi, all because it apparently feeds their hate.

Those people won't believe anything about the new BBS because they don't want to.
There would be nothing here to bitch and talk about if they simply accepted it as...another audio BBS.

How does being on another BBS...stir up shit here...??? :D
There's no one on the new BBS talking ANY kind of shit about HR...if there is...please point it out to me.
If anything...it's some of the guys here that talked about going over there to stir shit up.
Think about that.

It's funny....when a bunch of folks from here went to the Recording Review site...no one here said a damn thing.
That place crashed for technical reasons (owner let it go)...so then THAT'S WHY a bunch of people decided to get the new BBS going...
...and now some people here see that as a "conspiracy against HR". :laughings:

There no one on the new BBS talking ANY kind of shit about HR...if there is...please point it out to me.
If anything...it's some of the guys here that talked about going over there to stir shit up.
Think about that.
I don't have to think about it.

I have read as a guest at RR and nobody there has written a single word besmirching HR. That's a plus in the RR column.

Perhaps you can ask Lt Bob to not add any further fuel to the fire.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd address my questions.
I did address your questions .... and did it courteously .... I carefully spelled out why I'm taking the position I am.
You can fail to understand or twist things around to fit your beliefs as you wish.

And I'm not adding fuel to any fire 60's ..... I'm responding to accusations and mischaracterizations of me that have no merit.

I can't tell you strongly enough how little I care about all this .... so don't make up imaginary shit to accuse me of and I have no reason to respond.
I bet we'd all like that.

Miro...I agree "Not really" is correct.

The HR.com mods would not ban or deny someone membership to HR.com based soley upon one or even a couple HR.com members having a dislike for that person. They'd be given a chance.

How it went down with Jimi would have never happened here. That a single member has that kind of power is weird...unless that member is the owner or BFF with the owner...which maybe in this case it is...No one is claiming ownership like EZ did with A&A. So mysterious :laughings:

I smell a conspiracy, TAE

Lt. Bob said:
You can fail to understand or twist things around to fit your beliefs as you wish.

It's not a mischaracterization, or perhaps I wasn't clear.

You've said sarcastically in the past, maybe in this thread, "way to prejudge". I take it you're not fond of prejudgments? Someone prejudged Jimi would somehow cause a disruption, or whatever second hand nonsense was given as the reason for the preemptive ban. Can we agree, then, prejudgment is a misguided intention, screwed up, or in the least worthy of a wee expression of sarcasm? Way to prejudge :rolleyes:, yeah?

You complained that Greg had been on good behavior, and it was ridiculous that he was banned just because some HRs had him in their sights no matter what. Jimi has been on good behavior, not only in the Tone Thread. He went to RR to participate in the Tone Thread just as he had here. We all know how that went, "one or more" members had him in their sights no matter what and decided he should be excluded. Surely you would agree that is also ridiculous? Good behavior should get equal consideration, yeah?

One more thing you could address, if you would. Not to pick on you, i'm just asking your opinion. If as I suspect Jimi wasn't allowed in as a result of past political discussions here, and assuming RR has a no politics rule, would you agree that by banning Jimi it is breaking that rule in that the ban is essentially politically motivated? I hope i'm wording that correctly. To put it more simply, "That guy can't come here because this is a no politics zone, and i've never cared for his political views".-->?

Given a little unbiased thought, a lot of it just doesn't make sense, unless we're looking for examples of hypocrisy and self righteousness.

It's not a mischaracterization, or perhaps I wasn't clear.

You've said sarcastically in the past, maybe in this thread, "way to prejudge". I take it you're not fond of prejudgments? Someone prejudged Jimi would somehow cause a disruption, or whatever second hand nonsense was given as the reason for the preemptive ban. Can we agree, then, prejudgment is a misguided intention, screwed up, or in the least worthy of a wee expression of sarcasm? Way to prejudge :rolleyes:, yeah?
People have had years to judge Jimi

Good behavior should get equal consideration, yeah?
Nope, things will get whatever consideration we see fit.

I have no idea why the other place denied him membership. But... Their house, their rules.
There are lots of forums that screen membership applications and deny people.

Sure. I go along with 'their house, their rules'. I just don't like those kind of rules.

HR has its "Terms of Use" to which you agree to on becoming a member. Whether you will abide by those terms cannot be known until you contribute; your agreement to the terms and membership is taken on trust. If you subsequently breach those terms, the mods have to decide how to deal with it. Sometimes that results in being banned. This means that membership is based on what you do, not on who you are. This, to me, seems far healthier. It is a characteristic of identity politics (which I cannot abide) that who you are over-rides what you do.

Despite the agenda for political correctness, and the inclusion of everyone, we still all have a basic human right to deal with and communicate with those we wish to deal with and avoid those we don't want that interaction with.

I know I wouldn't like to be forced to deal with someone that wasn't welcome in my world. I also wouldn't want to be included in a place I wasn't welcome.

Well yes . . . and no.

It's human nature to gravitate to people with whom you have an affinity, and to shun those with whom you don't. But it's also unhealthy. The danger of letting human nature win is that you run the risk of creating your own echo chamber . . . a room full of like-minded people who have difficulty tolerating dissent. This can lead to stagnation and inflexibility in outlook. You need rebels who can prick the bubbles of complacency. But those rebels need to be rebels of thought, perspective and opinion, and not rebels whose contributions are solely a collection of debating fallacies.

The beauty of the diverse landscape of the net is that there us a place where anyone can fit in and be welcome.

That should also be the case with HR. We don't have to like everyone. We don't have to agree with everyone. But neither of those are impediments to robust discussion.

It's ludicrous and disingenuous of you to not to acknowledge the fact that the RecordingRebels website creation is purely a retaliatory response to HR with the sole intent of stirring shit up here at HR...

OR, and hear me out here, some of the guys that can no longer access this site wanted to exchange ideas about recording and music with the friends they made here during the decade they were members.

HR is and always has been a member driven BBS regardless of who has owned the website..

You're still an idiot. :laughings:

OR, and hear me out here, some of the guys that can no longer access this site wanted to exchange ideas about recording and music with the friends they made here during the decade they were members.
I don't know this to be true, I'm just speaking from personal experience. Dragon banned me years ago and it pissed me off so I setup A&A to keep in touch with the friends I made here. That was before facebook.

---------- Update ----------

You're still an idiot. :laughings:

This I know as a fact. lol.

60's, I like you. I guess because I've often agreed with you, and I haven't personally seen any reason to dislike you. Still true.

However, in this instance, I disagree with you. (See how that works, everybody?)

I don't think anything was done with the intention of 'stirring shit up' over here. Not saying someone couldn't have, I just don't think they did.

I take JDOD at face value when he explained the premise and extended the invitation. Even if he was aware of Jimi's disinvitation, what's he supposed to do, say 'oh, everybody but you Jimi'?

Now that would be stirring shit up. He probably assumed that when he hinted at who was there, guys who had some form of unpleasantness with those individuals probably wouldn't be wanting to go there anyway. Makes sense to me.

But I don't think the intent was to stir up trouble, or siphon off revenue, or to kill this place off.

But I'm sure they're having a good laugh now, watching us all go at each other.

I'm well-known to be a card-carrying bleeding heart liberal Democrat with a capital 'D'. This reminds me of what it felt like for me watching the Republican presidential primary debates. I remember how I loved watching them eat each other alive.

And we all know how that turned out.

Not really...not yet, anyway.
It just prevented someone from joining...not like a "ban" to an existing member...especially to some member that contributed so much to a forum. ;)

Well, that's not true miro. It was a ban of an existing member.
I registered and was, in fact, an active member. Then, after I became an active member and made a post in the introductions thread, my membership was revoked and I was notified that I have been permanently banned.
Just want to get the facts straight.

Someone, in this thread, said that if someone isnt welcome there it shouldn't be a big deal (in so many words).
I agree 199%.
It's not really a big deal to me. The only reason I even brought it up over here at HR.com is because JDOD and others were trying to recruit HR.com members to the rebel sight with open blanket invitations. So, I wanted to participate in the tone thread....went there and joined....was banned....came back and commented in the "recruiting thread" about my experience.
I pm'd JDOD and asked him what the deal was and he never responded back to my PM.

This whole deal is over political postings at A&A. Some People, like Lt Bob and Bubba Po can't let politics stay in the "politics and God" thread and hold grudges. Internet politics is poison and causes people who don't even know you to hate you and be your sworn enemy. I'm done with it....It not worth it anymore IMO.
It's sad that that's the case but it is what it is.

As far as you guys feeling a need to speak out in my behalf.. there is no need for that. It's not as big a deal as is being made out of it.
Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back