In memory of the banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt. Bob said:
lol@ the butthurt.

I don't know, seems like you've had your own go at being butthurt from time to time, particularly over bannings here. You recently said...

Greg was on good behavior but some HR'ers had him in their sights no matter what.
The bannings were ridiculous.

I'm not making a judgement call one way or the other on Greg being banned(though I found him to be an interesting dude), but all LoLs aside, apparently you are still a bit "butthurt" over the matter.

Serious question(lol @ serious): Jimi has been on good behavior. I read the tone thread most everyday, I can make that judgement call. So, what's the difference between Greg being banned here and Jimi getting the ban there....especially, I say especially seeing as Jimi didn't even get the benefit of the doubt there before being banned? Some RRs had him in their sights no matter what?

I'd guess it has a lot to do with the political and religious discussions here. They were allowed, then they weren't, now they are allowed provided things don't get personal. I'm guessing there is a no politics and religion rule there? If so, isn't it going against that rule to pre-ban Jimi for political and religious reasons? For someone who is so opposed to a "prejudge", isn't that fucked up logic?

You can ignore my questions at will if you so desire. You don't particularly like me anyway, which is fine. You'll likely choose to ignore me because it's tough to defend a tendency to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Sorry to say, but from what I have seen, you're not big on logical indignation.

Hey MOFO's enough of this shit! Y'all hijacked My thread! :cursing:

....a very serious thread where we were to pay tribute and homage to those brave HR.com members who gave up their HR.com personas in the name of freedom of speech.

They lost them cold heartedly to the nefarious, out of control and evil BAN BUTTON ! :eek:

View attachment 99079

Now show some respect! :laughings:

So, how's Covina treating you? For some reason that city name triggers ancient memories of Colton Piano & Organ radio ads. From there I start free associating other old memories, like Wolf & Rissmiller's Country Club ads, Paraquat Pat, Bob Coburn, the KMET jingle (Little bit o' heaven, 94.7...), the rise and fall of KNAC etc.

I don't know, seems like you've had your own go at being butthurt from time to time, particularly over bannings here. You recently said...

nope .......
first off, it's one thing to simply say you think some bannings were unfair .... that's not butthurt ...... it's simply a statement of how I perceive it.
Butthurt is calling people dicks for having their own place that they want to keep pleasant for themselves as some have done in this thread.

My objection to some of the bannings has nothing to do with some grand belief in 'free-speech' or some sort of moral outrage like some are expressing.
All of that outrage stuff is simply laughable .... grown people acting like a BBS has any importance. lol

The reason I didn't like it has to do with one thing .... they are some of the most accomplished musicians/recordists here.

I come to HR for one reason and one reason only .... I come to hang out with some people I have gotten to know and respect during my 18 years here.

I no longer care about teaching newbs. I don't have to justify that BTW .... I've done plenty of it, now it doesn't interest me
I no longer care about answering stupid questions.
I don't come here to ask questions ... get better advice from youtube in many cases.
I don't come here for some imagined grand design to spread the art of recording.
I don't come here to drive up post count for AudiioFanzine.

I come here because I've been coming here for 18 years ..... I'm entitled to use the place as I wish within guidelines and I've always obeyed ...... gotten reprimanded once in 18 years ..... so I'm not a PIA to the MODS.
So I come here and hang with a few friends and a few of them I respect enough to ask their opinions on stuff.
That's it ..... with them gone there's less reason to come here.

I do, and will, continue to come here but there's less reason to do so now.
And that's the whole deal ...... all the outrage and emotions people seem to be having simply don't compute to me ..... it's just silly.

And that's what I'm pointing out .... it's ridiculous for people to get mad, as some obviously are angry right in this thread, over some banned people opening their own site.
Of the silly things I've seen people get riled about on this site, this is prolly the silliest.

So, how's Covina treating you? For some reason that city name triggers ancient memories of Colton Piano & Organ radio ads. From there I start free associating other old memories, like Wolf & Rissmiller's Country Club ads, Paraquat Pat, Bob Coburn, the KMET jingle (Little bit o' heaven, 94.7...), the rise and fall of KNAC etc.

Ya know...livin on the outskirts of Lala Land in my little "bedroom" city is still pretty cool. Man it has changed over the last 60 years. If I had my druthers I'd be spending these sunset years down in Encinitas but even the schemes of the best laid men can go awry :D My kids decided to bless us with Grand kids and we ain't going nowhere without them in the picture...Pretty cool.

Getting harder for old farts like me to find places where BACK IN THE DAZE can put on a show but there are still a few good shows left in us an we'll find a way get our ya ya's out...

In regards to the old radio stations I interacted with the original founders of KROQ back in the day and am FB buds with several of them...pretty bizarre watching us all get old and sober.

LOL about Colton Piano...I found my way into the music world and playing keys via Covina Hammond Organ Studios owner's son Kenny who is one bad ass player..His Pops, after he sold CHOS and Berry and Grasmueck in Pasadena went to work for and sold pianos for Colton till he passed away.

What part of Lala land did you live in?

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't think you'd address my questions. You're not above addressing bans, selective outrage is your brand, I reckon. But that's alright.

At the risk of touchy feely, singling someone out for exclusion isn't silly or fun for the excluded. It's silly to let politics overshadow an interest in music. I'm pretty certain a simple "no politics and religious discussions" would have sufficed. No need to be a dick about it. Or, as GZ more appropriately stated, live and let live.

Enough of the seriousness. Nah nah na na nah, our mods are better than yours. :D

The current arrangement is perfect. Let the banned and their hangers-on have their own site, and let them ban whom they wish. Just don't let them back in here.

What part of Lala land did you live in?

The part where you could tell which way was north because the sky was browner. In other words, Orange County: Newport Beach, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Tustin. I also spent some time in Culver City. I used to drive a box van around SoCal. Fortunately I happened to be taking my first ever paid vacation in '92 when the riots broke out. I could have been Reginald Denny.

I suppose. We should shut up and listen? :p

That would be an original approach for most anyone at HR. :laughings:

Telling someone that they can't understand your opposing view unless they shut up about their view...
...is pretty funny. :D

The part where you could tell which way was north because the sky was browner..

Dems was the daze! Yeah Glendora the next city north of Covina held the illustrious title of smogiest city in the United States back in the 70's...

With the advent of unleaded gas and the implementation of the catalytic converter....air quality is pretty OK these days...I tell people about how when we were kids there were days when it "hurt" to breathe deep..hard to imagine I guess but absolutely true...days when we were not allowed to play sports...When the huge San Gabriel mountains 3 miles away could not be seen....

San Gabriel valley is a real valley and as such with the winds generally blowing south west all the LA smog blew our way and settled up against the mountains and just sat there... Long before cars and "white people" the local indians called our valley "The valley of smoke" for the same reason..

Little did they know all that smog would spawn some of the greatest guitarist of that era Zappa, Eddie, Randy, Me......oh wait I play the keys :D

With the advent of unleaded gas and the implementation of the catalytic converter....air quality is pretty OK these days...I tell people about how when we were kids there were days when it "hurt" to breathe deep..hard to imagine I guess but absolutely true...days when we were not allowed to play sports...When the huge San Gabriel mountains 3 miles away could not be seen....

I don't think most people realize how bad it was and how much it improved, and this against increased population and car use. Many millions of lives were improved. It's a stunning success story for environmentalism.

San Gabriel valley is a real valley and as such with the winds generally blowing south west all the LA smog blew our way and settled up against the mountains and just sat there... Long before cars and "white people" the local indians called our valley "The valley of smoke" for the same reason..

Little did they know all that smog would spawn some of the greatest guitarist of that era Zappa, Eddie, Randy, Me......oh wait I play the keys :D

Yep, smoke valley.

Yeah, not as many edgy artists came from OC, but there was a sort of angst about not having angst that produced people like Will Ferrell.

I don't think most people realize how bad it was and how much it improved, and this against increased population and car use. Many millions of lives were improved. It's a stunning success story for environmentalism.

Yep, smoke valley.

Yeah, not as many edgy artists came from OC, but there was a sort of angst about not having angst that produced people like Will Ferrell.

No Doubt! Loves me some Gwen...

Of course we also have Mr. Elfman who's kind of big deal...and John Doe...and OH Shit Joan Jett went to Covina High...Vince Neil to Royal Oak ( in Covina) and Tommy lee went to South Hills ( West Covina )...It's the water or the polyethylene in it...:D

So if I'm correct, a forum for banned members is now banning members?:confused:

:facepalm: :D

Nope...you're not correct.
It's NOT a forum for banned members......but it looks like a few folks here are determined to twist it into that, so maybe that's why you read it as such.

There's like maybe a couple of guys there that got banned from here...the rest are just members from here and elsewhere.

:facepalm: :D

Nope...you're not correct.
It's NOT a forum for banned members......but it looks like a few folks here are determined to twist it into that, so maybe that's why you read it as such.

There's like maybe a couple of guys there that got banned from here...the rest are just members from here and elsewhere.

Thanks for the summary.

So it's a forum that bans members pretty much just like this one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back