I know I'm good but.....

One of the shops I do repairs for has sent it down, I suspect as a practical joke. I'll show em. They claim damaged in transit, by which I can only assume it was run over by a tank. I've just stripped it down to see if I can get it playing without too much time involved.

Wait til they get the bill....:cool:

More pics to follow and some more if I do it.

One of the shops I do repairs for has sent it down, I suspect as a practical joke. I'll show em. They claim damaged in transit, by which I can only assume it was run over by a tank. I've just stripped it down to see if I can get it playing without too much time involved.

Wait til they get the bill....:cool:

More pics to follow and some more if I do it.
All that fuss for a Squire?

So....

Sometimes to really find out the how tough it might be you have to get under the hood.

Stripped it down and this is what we have..

IMG_1828.JPG

Quite a clean break to the body but it's been apart for a while so thinks have moved and stayed there. I'm going to have to clamp it up and see what might be needed after..

IMG_1833.JPG

Two clamps and it closes up alright on the front. The back is a mess and will need a fillet to strengthen the join and hide the split. No biggie.

Wack some glue in there and clamp it up overnight and rethink then...

IMG_1835.JPG

So far about 35 minutes in....

The neck could be a problem.

IMG_1829.JPG

Lets see if the truss rod still works? That could be a deal breaker. If I have to pull the fingerboard it aint worth another minute...

IMG_1836.JPG

Yep all fine, So it's just all the fractured wood and cleaved splits that need to go together and then some touch in. No problem

IMG_1839.JPG

More glue in there and leave it over night. Give it some thought over coffee in the morning.

So far about 55 minutes in...

Some cowboy has done one of the worst refrets I've ever seen on this thing. The picture make it look good

IMG_1831.JPG

They are going to have to go.

I'm beginning to think this may be one of VP's efforts

The best would be to buy a new matching squire, put in a couple of matching scuffs and signatures, send it back with about a $5k invoice. Keep a straight face and insist on payment!

Back