Zoom Q2n 4K Video/Audio Recorder

bluedad65

I recently recorded a video with the above mentioned recorder. I used the 4K-25 video setting with audio setting at 48k 24 bit. The video lasted 3.5 hours and it took 2 64 GB SD cards to recored the entire performance.

Is there a way to compress this down so I can fit it on a 4 gb video disc or will I have to have additional software for compression ?

And will I lose clarity of the video when its compressed ?

Thanks !

I recently recorded a video with the above mentioned recorder. I used the 4K-25 video setting with audio setting at 48k 24 bit. The video lasted 3.5 hours and it took 2 64 GB SD cards to recored the entire performance.

Is there a way to compress this down so I can fit it on a 4 gb video disc or will I have to have additional software for compression ?

Thanks !
2.64GB < 4GB so what’s the problem?

Assuming you really need it smaller you could look at something like Handbrake (software) and see if there’s another format that gives you the size you need. (But) That 4K video is already compressed though so without going to 1080 you might not see big reductions.

24fps is “cinematic” and movement will get a little blurry, at best, so I’d think that option is limited.

You might just slap it in a basic editor and trim all the fat and see where you end up.

Changing the audio to a lossy format like 256kbs AAC will only help a little, but you could try that and see what happens, too.

2.64GB < 4GB so what’s the problem?
I think he meant TWO 64GB cards, so 128GB. That's more than even a 50GB BluRay disc can hold. Kicking down to 4GB is compressing 32x! Converting to standard definition, you can put about 4 hours of video on a DL DVD (8.5GB), but that's a huge step down on resolution.

Moving to BluRay, a 50GB disc can hold about 3 hours of HD video. That would probably be the highest quality option. But compatibility might be limited for the intended audience.

Now the question is "is 4K video really necessary for the project, or is 1080 or 720P sufficient?" Lots of people record audio at 96/24 but eventually it gets downconverted to 44.1/16 or even MP3 for the final distribution. Few people actually listen to HD audio.

Lots of people record audio at 96/24 but eventually it gets downconverted to 44.1/16 or even MP3 for the final distribution. Few people actually listen to HD audio.
And even fewer still listen to audio on a quality playback system these days.

Mick

I think he meant TWO 64GB cards, so 128GB. That's more than even a 50GB BluRay disc can hold. Kicking down to 4GB is compressing 32x! Converting to standard definition, you can put about 4 hours of video on a DL DVD (8.5GB), but that's a huge step down on resolution.

Moving to BluRay, a 50GB disc can hold about 3 hours of HD video. That would probably be the highest quality option. But compatibility might be limited for the intended audience.

Now the question is "is 4K video really necessary for the project, or is 1080 or 720P sufficient?" Lots of people record audio at 96/24 but eventually it gets downconverted to 44.1/16 or even MP3 for the final distribution. Few people actually listen to HD audio.
Duh. I don’t know why I saw a decimal point!

Thanks !
Yes you can Compress it to MP4 - and Yes you will lose the Clarity of the video - just curious but why do you need to get it down to 4GB?

Back