Worship Mix

Vividrecording

Hey everyone, hope you're doing well

I thought I would share some music from a friend I recorded this week. We recorded this for his album he was releasing and it is my favorite song we have done thus far. It's very modern worship. I did however try to make it as exciting as possible.

I played all the instruments except acoustic guitar and vocals.

Any feedback is appreciated, and before anyone asks, drums are not sampled.

01-Your Grace by Joe Music on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Sounds very good. Definitely something I could see on the christian radio market. Drums sound great for not being sampled in. The song has a very good balance regarding levels. Did a very good job tracking the guitars as well :D

Guitars are done on Eleven rack! Love that thing, I used to be die hard about using amps, but now I basically don't care either way. Thanks for the comments, does anyone have any criticism? I am giving this mix tomorrow and need any last minute critiques I can get. Thanks in advance!

Okay, dude. Chills. *Love* this thing. Drums sound amazing (and I'm a drum-guy). Arrangement is awesome. Recording is beautiful... Rhythm is intoxicating. Message is real and sincere-sounding. The vocalist sounds like he's trying to convey a message of grace, instead of conveying "Hey, look at how awesome I can sing!".

Yeah... Where can I hear more from this band?

Okay, dude... Do you have a website? I've listened this a number of times, and the mix is .... well... it's just awesome. How did you record the drums, and how is your drum room treated? Which DAW do you use? Sorry for the pelting of questions, but - dude... This mix is consistently giving me chills. I could learn a thing or two from you.

I'm in agreement with poetic on this one. This mix sounds pro. I'd love to hear more about what you used as well. Console, ITB, Hybrid??

Definitely would like to know what you have going on in your setup. Now were all going to pelt you with questions! Lol.

I will break down this mix, since you asked :)

All but minor compression is done ITB using Pro Tools 9

Drums:
Kick: Audix D6
Snare: Audix I5
Toms: Heil PR30
Overheads: AKG C414B/xls

Vocals:
KEL HM7u

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul into Eleven rack modeling AC30
Blueridge acoustic with KEL HM7u
Bass running SVT Model in Eleven Rack

You can visit my lame myspace and see photo's of the studio if you'd like. It's nothing much, just a few rooms in an old radio station a good friend lets me use! I am still very young at recording, I am 23 and have been recording since I was 16 and could afford to buy gear.

The artist on this recording is Kevin Jones. He doesn't play this music for fame or anything, he just likes to write and record songs. I have a 8 more songs from him if anyone is interested. Also I believe he is releasing it soon.

If there are any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Vivid Recording Studio | Kostnadsfri musik, turnédatum, foton, videos

Here is a gear breakdown of what I use.

Outboard:
Digidesign 002
Eleven Rack
Trident S20
Presonus Digimax FS
FMR RNLA & RNC
JBL LSR4326p
Monitor Station

Software:
Pro Tools 9
Steven Slate Drums
Melodyne
Reason 4
Focusrite Forte Suite
Focusrite Scarlett
Waves Plug Ins
Steven Slate Trigger
Ez Drummer
Superior Drummer
Pod Farm Platinum

Mics:
AKG C414 B/XLS (2)
KEL HM7u
Shure SM7b
Shure SM57
Audix i5
Audix D6
Sennheiser e609
Heil PR-30(2)

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe
G&L ASAT Classic USA
Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe
Blueridge Acoustic Guitar
Marshall JCM2000 TSL 60
Orange 2x12 cab
Vox AC4
PDP MX Drums
Dream Bliss series Cymbals

Great recording, nice tune, real good vocals, awesome job all around. Nice studio!

Okay, dude... Do you have a website? I've listened this a number of times, and the mix is .... well... it's just awesome. How did you record the drums, and how is your drum room treated? Which DAW do you use? Sorry for the pelting of questions, but - dude... This mix is consistently giving me chills. I could learn a thing or two from you.

Ok here is a break down of drum recording. We used a 4 piece PDP mx drum kit. Audix i5 on top snare just off the rim. No bottom snare mic. Ported Kick drum with Audix d6 about 2" in. Heil PR30's very close to the toms, aiming straight on to reduce cymbal bleed. For overheads we used a spaced pair of AKG C414's in Cardioid running into a trident s20 to a FMR RNC.

The drum room is treated with two 8x4' panels of OC703, and various 4x2' panels of auralex foam at about ear level. It honestly sounds horrible in that room... very very live. But I just close mic'ed everything to reduce the problem room.

I used Pro Tools 9 as my daw. Drum editing was done using TCE in polyphonic. Any other processing was done using Waves SSL (individual tweaking) and Waves API 2500 (Drum Bus)

Hope that helps! :D

Ok here is a break down of drum recording. We used a 4 piece PDP mx drum kit. Audix i5 on top snare just off the rim. No bottom snare mic. Ported Kick drum with Audix d6 about 2" in. Heil PR30's very close to the toms, aiming straight on to reduce cymbal bleed. For overheads we used a spaced pair of AKG C414's in Cardioid running into a trident s20 to a FMR RNC.

The drum room is treated with two 8x4' panels of OC703, and various 4x2' panels of auralex foam at about ear level. It honestly sounds horrible in that room... very very live. But I just close mic'ed everything to reduce the problem room.

I used Pro Tools 9 as my daw. Drum editing was done using TCE in polyphonic. Any other processing was done using Waves SSL (individual tweaking) and Waves API 2500 (Drum Bus)

Hope that helps! :D

Very much so, thank you!

Nice job, i think the vox are a tad loud, they need to come down just a tiny bit, other than that you are on the money. Very nice.

Back