• They Both Rock

Votes: 63 27.6%
  • They Both Suck

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
MONTE said:
That's like askin', "What's better, a fork or a spoon?". Comparing 2 musicians like this is not possible (in my opinion). I'm sure they each have things they are "better" at than the other.

I agree my good man.

You can compare them. :)

Put both of them in a thunder dome with two drum sets.

Who ever comes out alive is the best. Two man enter, one man leave.

Markism said:
Taylor does indeed play guitar and sing. I went and saw Foo Fighters during their In Your Honor tour and Taylor plays guitar and sings for "Cold Day In The Sun" whilst Dave got behind the drum kit.

I love Foo Fighters but I love Nirvana better. Dave gets my vote

Yeah, he also sings on their cover of "Have a Cigar" by Pink Floyd. \m/

Rich606 said:
Also keep in mind Trent cuts Dave's tracks down to MIDI like. So don't be fooled that stuff isnt tampered with. Grohl's still my hero anyways. Best work is on " Song's For The Deaf " track four has some amazing ending fills.

Are you sure about that first part? Most of his tracks on that cd sound pretty raw, to me. Maybe looped, I dunno, but definitely not prettied up...Just my amateur ear's opinion, though. That, and I think that DG is an immortal <3

Grey Angel said:
Are you sure about that first part? Most of his tracks on that cd sound pretty raw, to me. Maybe looped, I dunno, but definitely not prettied up...Just my amateur ear's opinion, though. That, and I think that DG is an immortal <3

Who knows really. Grohl is still my main hero.Nuff said

Taylor has sang on tons of Foo songs.

Cold Day In The Sun ( Whole song,and even wrote it )
Have A Cigar ( Pink Floyd Cover )
I Feel Free ( Cream Cover )
Life Of Illusion ( Joe Walsh Cover )
The Last Song ( Backups during the chorus )
Monkey Wrench ( Finale chorus backups )
The One ( Chrous with Dave )

Coattail Rider's his own band. Which has a CD out in March

Also in free time he plays in a Classic Rock over band called " Chevy Metal " with Foo's Camra Man,Wiley.

:D

Rich606 said:
Who knows really. Grohl is still my main hero.Nuff said

Taylor has sang on tons of Foo songs.

Cold Day In The Sun ( Whole song,and even wrote it )
Have A Cigar ( Pink Floyd Cover )
I Feel Free ( Cream Cover )
Life Of Illusion ( Joe Walsh Cover )
The Last Song ( Backups during the chorus )
Monkey Wrench ( Finale chorus backups )
The One ( Chrous with Dave )

Coattail Rider's his own band. Which has a CD out in March

Also in free time he plays in a Classic Rock over band called " Chevy Metal " with Foo's Camra Man,Wiley.

:D

do you mean the studio version of monkey wrench? if so, it's not taylor. dave plays drums on all of that album except for up in arms (slow version) and doll were played by william goldsmith. taylor did not join the group until the tour for the colour and the shape. also, i am pretty sure he does not sing on The One-- it's all dave. when they perform live, taylor does not do any backing vocals.

funkydrummer said:
do you mean the studio version of monkey wrench? if so, it's not taylor. dave plays drums on all of that album except for up in arms (slow version) and doll were played by william goldsmith. taylor did not join the group until the tour for the colour and the shape. also, i am pretty sure he does not sing on The One-- it's all dave. when they perform live, taylor does not do any backing vocals.

I know Monkey Wrench isnt Taylor in the Studio. I meant the live one. The Last Song is also sung backup by Taylor SOMETIMES. He sometimes uses a wireless headset. Or a Stand alone mic,but he has sung it before. Ever seen the MTV24 Hour stuff? Or Letterman?. He used it their. He quit this last fall on Tour.

www.drummerworld.com will show you who the best is... :rolleyes:

I wish people would stop comparing other drummers. Music is an art form, not a sport. If you are to do a thread like this, you should rephrase the question. How about... who's drumming do you enjoy more? "Better" is such a wrong term to use when talking about music because music is about personal taste.

Just my $0.02

BTW

Grohl gets my vote :o

Samhain said:
David Grohl said in an interview way back in the Nirvana Days that he was a better Guitar Player than he was a drummer. And personally I believe that... he is an excellent guitar player and his drumming style to me reflects the way a guitar player would want to hear the drums to sound. Real fat and to the point.

Right on. I don't play drums and couldn't give a damn about rudiments and parradiddles :confused: I want Animal from the muppets behind the kit. I vote for Grohl. Pure intensity.

magic man said:
Right on. I don't play drums and couldn't give a damn about rudiments and parradiddles :confused: I want Animal from the muppets behind the kit. I vote for Grohl. Pure intensity.

Animal is modeled after... Keith Moon? Or Bonham? Argh, I forget! I think Moon though.

tom5 said:
I wish people would stop comparing other drummers. Music is an art form, not a sport.

Ya know, I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone put it better! I've been waiting a long time for someone to phrase it right! A a very succinct statement!

Thank you!!! :)

Dave is Yer Typical Rock Drummer, he has Good Timeing and his drum sound is Good but he seems to only play what he has to, Meaning he doesn"t do a Lot of Fills accept when they are needed like at the end of every 4 Bars and his Fills are very Basic, Taylor is a Bit more of a finesse drummer and accentuates Parts of Songs useing Fills were Dave didn"t do that.....

They are Both Good Drummers but they definately aren"t a Neil Pert...

Cheers

In an interview, Dave said that Taylor was better. And he's right.

If you are not a drummer, I don't think you really have any place saying whether one drummer is better than another. You can say which you LIKE better, but that's different. Being a drummer, I have observed Dave's minimalist approach as being what another comment said - short, fat, and to the point. Taylor can probably do everything that Dave can do, and a lot more.

Dave's better at writing songs.

show how much of u are nirvana fans

Sorry but Dave belongs up front with a guitar..

Daves better than Kurt was

And taylor is a freak with the skins

his new album is not easy listenign but so good!

It's fun watching Taylor play guitar. :)

twonky said:
UUUmmmmmmm....you are?................ for not smelling the sarcasm I was laying on.

I was just kidding man.

'sides, who calls people "cry asses" unless they are mostly foolin?

Sheesh!

Lets all drink beer tonight!

Twonky
Hey, I couldn't tell either. I hope your delivery has improved over the last few years! :p I drank beer last night if that counts. Made fifty bucks from a party gig!

Dave is much better at shoulder massages, whereas Taylor is better at fashion tips.

It's really hard to say who's better! Sure David screams real loud on stage, but when you meet Taylors eyes (sigh) that's where the magic happens!

What do these guys do again??

Back