Votes: 28 12.3%
  • They Both Rock

Votes: 63 27.6%
  • They Both Suck

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
thought I would read this thread and see what all the fuss is about. well done guys, commendable effort.:) you must be all exhausted. quick break, refreshments at my place and then back at it

( I agree, dave does make an excellent satan )

Taylor Hawkins is better because he drummed for Alanis Morrisette.

You think just anybody could session drum for Alanis Morrisette ?

No way - you've got to have mad session drummer skillz.

I also heard rumor that he co-wrote Alanis Morrisette's smash hit "stinky britches"
that was featured on South Park.

(The song Cartman sings off and on during that episode).

So yeah.... sorry Dave, but you'll never top the T-Hawk.

As drummers, I like both of them but I don't like their bands. Not that they suck,
I just don't like crass commercial rock stuff. :D

lol man are you kidding - ??????

taylors an ok drummer...dave just blows his silly ass outta the water Hands Down!
So much intensity !

Taylor Hawkins is better because he drummed for Alanis Morrisette.

You think just anybody could session drum for Alanis Morrisette ?

No way - you've got to have mad session drummer skillz.

I also heard rumor that he co-wrote Alanis Morrisette's smash hit "stinky britches"
that was featured on South Park.

(The song Cartman sings off and on during that episode).

So yeah.... sorry Dave, but you'll never top the T-Hawk.

The major flaw in this thinking is that it assumes that Alanis Morrisette is worth a flying fuck.

and she isn't.

dave is better. hes drummed on the whole first CD(actually he did everything on that cd) and the second one he did the drums on as well. the fact of the matter is that dave still writes everything. not to say taylor doesnt put it his own stuff, but i think dave comes up with the gist.

i think TECHNICALLY taylor is better though. but overall, as far as creativity, dave wins.

The major flaw in this thinking is that it assumes that Alanis Morrisette is worth a flying fuck.

and she isn't.

Hey PhilGood, um..... yeah...... I was joking..........

see :

sarcasm

n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit1.
[Late Latin sarcasmus, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein, to bite the lips in rage, from sarx, sark-, flesh.]

haha Alanis sucks, and nobody really calls Taylor Hawkins the T-HAWK.

I am Canadian, and New Years we had a guest from New York, who is a major Indie rock expert.

My brother and I we're amazed at her Indie rock knowledge, and all the bands she had seen, and we spent hours asking her about the CBGB's club, and Portland Oregon, which she also lived, because it's pretty much the Indie Rock capitol of the world.

Anyway - somebody mentioned that all the good stuff is in the U.S. , and asked if Canada ever produce anything of cultural signifigance.

So of course we starting listing off a really embarrassing list such as the likes of Alanis Morisette, Barenaked Ladies, Brian Adams, Rush, Celine Dion, Aavril Lavign, Sum 41 . etc.

So we're in awe of all the bands she has met, or that her brother has played with, or that she has seen in passing in New York, and we're desperatley trying to defend our Country, trying to think of anything cool music wise that we've got up here. It was pretty pathetic - and in ended up with my brother and I pretty much apologizing on behalf of the country !

Short of a handful of obscure indie bands from Toronto, Neil Young's about as good as it gets from us.

Anyway - during the conversation this thread came up, because I though it was funny that PhilGood thought I was serious.

Just listen to Queens of the Stone Age album, Songs for the Deaf and you will hear Dave Grohl at his best.

Canadian Bands? BILLY TALENT!! Obviously Alanis, Avril Lavigne, and Celine Dion are shite, but... BILLY TALENT!
Also, I quite like Barenaked Ladies and Bryan Adams - as we're on the subject of drummers, Mickey Curry is SO underrated.

As for Grohl/Hawkins - who cares? Grohl got me into rock, his work with QOTSA is also extremely impressive, Hawkins does a lot more interesting work I think, Grohl is just a fucking powerhouse!

Thank god, i woulda deactivate my registration [if thats possible] if taylor won. He's a great drummer, but simply put dave is just one bad dude on the drums, has anyone seen him tear apart that kids set on you tube? its fuckin awesome. If your a dave-head like many of you seem to be check out probot, he does a bunch of stuff of that.

-Barrett

Back