What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I just got a set of Twin6's - phenomenal monitors - got a great deal from a local dealer as well. PM me if you want to come hear mine, or the dealer's info. I got them cheaper than they are going for used.

Hmmm. I am pretty happy at the moment with my asp8's. I'm flat broke too:D bought a new house with a big tall basement and it's taking all we got to get the house ready for move in;) I will have to make it that way sometime though. Thanks!

F.S.

monitors

has anyone tried the m audio bx8a's? do you like them? also, if i have about 400 dollars to spend, are the krk rp6's my best bet? let me know what you guys think.

has anyone tried the m audio bx8a's? do you like them? also, if i have about 400 dollars to spend, are the krk rp6's my best bet? let me know what you guys think.

I have a set of BX8's which are for the most part thought of more highly than bx8a's. They are pretty damn good for the price. Very picky about listening position.
You can get good mixes on them, but you have to test your mix on other systems to get it final. I would imagine that most speakers in that price range are going to be that way. BX8's will represent the bass pretty good if set up correct. relationship to the wall is critical if you want to get the most out of them. I prefer front porting my self.

PS the bx8's sound like shit to anyone not in the mixing position. I assume the 8a's are pretty much the same.

F.S.

Has anyone done an A/B comparison on the KRK RP8's vs. V8's. I just want to know if there is a $500.00 difference. Thanks.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!
I like the litle KRK V4s, (for very small NYC apartment) they actually are the best thing I have ever heard. I have the Rockets but will spend the $299 each price for that sound. I heard things I have never heard before. Someday...someday.....oh yea.

KRK V8 older ones
Yamaha NS10
My newest favorites the new Yamaha HS50M. For my ears they work the best of all I have.

Back