What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
Muddy???? Not even. I shot these out against everything in the price range and they walked all over pretty much everything. The dynaudios where impressive. Did not hear the ADAM's.

Perhaps mister 12 platinum records actually knows just a little;)

F.S.

The Adams are real edgy, good for radio mixes but I use and love the Events; they work on so many types of music. I would like to double check the mix on the ADAMs however, before taking it to mastering.

Another Other:

NHTPro A-10s and matching sub for main monitors (powered).
Avantone Mix Cubes with an Onkyo amp for secondary monitors.

The Adams are real edgy, good for radio mixes but I use and love the Events; they work on so many types of music. I would like to double check the mix on the ADAMs however, before taking it to mastering.

It is also fair to mention that each monitor has a certain burn-in period (several months). During that time Adams sound quite edgy, later on their sound becomes little softer on heights and not so hard on basses. In the beginning its sound was a little shocking for me now I can also listen to some music on them just for relax.

Yamaha Hs 50

I like them ...
Once you get used to the unique sound of your monitors (doesn´t matter what brand) you can make good mixes on them :-)

Dirk

Best monitors, in my opinion, are the speakers in my three stereos: the Honda Civic, the Toyota Sienna, and the Sony Shelf system in the living room.

I play a couple songs from different artists, then throw in my mix, and right away I can tell if normalization is good and if the levels are good.

Usually they all stink.

I was wondering how the focal monitors are. Haven't ever heard them my self.

F.S.

I just got a set of Twin6's - phenomenal monitors - got a great deal from a local dealer as well. PM me if you want to come hear mine, or the dealer's info. I got them cheaper than they are going for used.

This poll has now lasted longer than most of the gear that's been asked about. How many of the models that were available back in June of 2006 when this poll was started are now obsolete, if not downright discontinued? How many folks like NL5 have changed their gear in that time and rendered their early vots incorrect? What's so damn hard about filling in the poll closing date field on the poll?

;) :)

G.

This poll has now lasted longer than most of the gear that's been asked about. How many of the models that were available back in June of 2006 when this poll was started are now obsolete, if not downright discontinued? How many folks like NL5 have changed their gear in that time and rendered their early vots incorrect? What's so damn hard about filling in the poll closing date field on the poll?

Hmmm, when the poll started, I was using DIY monitors, now I am using much larger DIY monitors :)

Next project: I want to add a switchable ribbon tweeter, and maybe a switchable mid. That would be 4 monitors in one box!

Also, I need to finish my surrounds :o

Back