What do you think is worthy of praise regarding Joe Biden?

brassplyer said:
Trump's first instinct in response to covid - "What if anything should be done to protect Americans"

Democrat first instinct in response to covid - "How can we leverage this to our advantage?"
Trump's first response to COVID was to downplay it...
His first response was to issue travel restrictions which the Dems and EU denounced as xenophobic and racist. The Dems brayed nonstop about how he overreacted to covid until they decided it was more advantageous to change their song mid-stride to how he underreacted again for political reasons nothing to do with reality. They were full of shit and dishonest in both cases but that's the Democrat way.

Here's Nancy Pelosi downplaying covid 24 days after Trump's travel restrictions were put in place. She wishes she could make this video go away.

Last edited:
I apologize for using those words. I suppose I should better. Won't happen again
No need, I find it to be a wonderful diffusing statement. Especially when it gets repeated by others.
It takes the ‘edge’ off a little bit.

8-)

So are you saying that you had an understanding early on about the seriousness (or lack thereof) of the Coronavirus that the medical and disease experts did not?

It's the wrong question, elicited to provoke the desired answer, and thus a false conclusion. Question wasn't directed at me, but I'll take a stab.

COVID? I had my concerns, who in their right mind didn't. I saw it coming long before the vast majority had even known it was out there. I predicted it, I knew it, it was coming to this country eventually. I saw videos from China, govt goons in hazmat suits snatching people off the street and throwing them into the back a van. Welding apartment building doors shut locking people inside from leaving. I told people, here, it's coming. Something bad, bad stuff. "They can't do that here, can they?", my nephew asked. Well, they can do about whatever the hell they want to do, I answered. Fast forward, they tried. Oh yeah, they tried. Lockdowns, people unable to support their families because they lost their jobs, gutting the military, can't shop for groceries to feed your family unless you submit, looking around at everyone wearing a mask, wondering, where the hell am I, how the hell did we get here.

There was a big long thread about it here in HR dot com. Check the record, locked, but I think the thread is still here. The cure cannot be worse than the disease, that was my stance. Even though I did not know what the future would bring, that was my stance, and although I will not put words into other people's mouths, people here, that was their stance as well. In my judgement, and imo history has verified, I/we were right, correct. Your medical and disease experts were in many cases wrong, and lied to your fucking smug gob. When made aware by those of us, you, "more please". I mean, partly because you were scared and went full on with supporting the stripping away the rights of your fellow citizens to save your cowardly life, but it was just as much a political game.

In short, we didn't know then what we know now, not all of it but we did know the cure cannot be worse than the disease. The cure?....you're living it, as are we all. So don't spew this bullshit about it all being fate and out of the hands of those who perpetuated the madness, the sorry state in which we find ourselves is nobody's fault. You supported it, let's just start there. But you will not be honest with yourself, and hold yourself accountable for the part you played. No, you'll just throw around stupid, smug gotcha questions, with a heavy lean on....the science. You've learned nothing. Hooray for you, they're counting on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFR
No need, I find it to be a wonderful diffusing statement. Especially when it gets repeated by others.
It takes the ‘edge’ off a little bit.

8-)
I suppose it that it's reasonable enough for anyone among us to appreciate being quoted. Family like on opposite sides of the Thansgiving table still respecting each other debating what's better. Dark meat or white meat.

Me
Dark meat. But I’ll eat the white meat later in sandwiches :-)
Me too. There's nothing better than a turkey sandwich, with a side of leftover stuffing the day after Thanksgiving day. It's an American tradition!

Me

Me too. There's nothing better than a turkey sandwich, with a side of leftover stuffing the day after Thanksgiving day. It's an American tradition!
I like to shred it up in smaller sandwich size pieces, mix in some mayo and fresh ground pepper in slices of sourdough or dark rye bread. Yup! Tasty

brassplyer said:
Leddy loves the Biden Corruption, Senility & Incompetence Three-Ring Globalist Extravaganza & Puppet Show.
Like Trump’s PPP program? The largest fraud this country has ever seen?
Not an expert on the program but it was to help an economy that the government stomped on. All Biden has ever done is enhance his personal economy.

I'd call the Vietnam war one hell of a massive, long-running fraud with a huge cost. And I'm not just talking about the dollar amount.

Face it - like so many leftists you automatically despise "the rich" and that's at the core of why you don't like Trump and turn a blind eye to the Biden crapshow. The fact that Trump took the job at a financial loss and Biden has only enriched himself from his elected offices means nothing to you - it just makes you hate Trump more, because he *could*.

Not an expert on the program but it was to help an economy that the government stomped on. All Biden has ever done is enhance his personal economy.

I'd call the Vietnam war one hell of a massive, long-running fraud with a huge cost. And I'm not just talking about the dollar amount.

Face it - like so many leftists you automatically despise "the rich" and that's at the core of why you don't like Trump and turn a blind eye to the Biden crapshow. The fact that Trump took the job at a financial loss and Biden has only enriched himself from his elected offices means nothing to you - it just makes you hate Trump more, because he *could*.
The way you just attribute things to me that I never said is weird. That’s your thing though. I don’t despise the rich. I’ve got plenty of money too.

You want to keep getting bogged down in whataboutisms and who’s worse etc. There is a bigger picture of some of us rejecting what we see as a dangerous authoritarian. The way Trump systematically created his followers against the world: the media was lying, the elections were rigged; the only true source was Trump himself. No one is downplaying Biden corruption. If he’s guilty, nail him. We’re stuck with Biden because he’s who was able to stop Trump. Now we need Biden gone and a fresh start between two people who aren’t Trump or Biden. I’m tired of arguing the details. Bullshit stuff about inflation…childish. Clearly the world is in the same boat. We’re doing better than most.

You don’t know me or my story, but I guess that doesn’t stop you from projecting things on to me that don’t apply.

The way you just attribute things to me that I never said is weird. That’s your thing though. I don’t despise the rich. I’ve got plenty of money too.

You want to keep getting bogged down in whataboutisms and who’s worse etc. There is a bigger picture of some of us rejecting what we see as a dangerous authoritarian. The way Trump systematically created his followers against the world: the media was lying, the elections were rigged; the only true source was Trump himself. No one is downplaying Biden corruption. If he’s guilty, nail him. We’re stuck with Biden because he’s who was able to stop Trump. Now we need Biden gone and a fresh start between two people who aren’t Trump or Biden. I’m tired of arguing the details. Bullshit stuff about inflation…childish. Clearly the world is in the same boat. We’re doing better than most.

You don’t know me or my story, but I guess that doesn’t stop you from projecting things on to me that don’t apply.
How is inflation childish? You say you have plenty of money. So, you don't give a shit. More than 80% (I'm being generous) of Americans DO give a shit. When people can't put food on the table, it MATTERS. When it costs them much more money to put gas in their cars to get to work, it matters. You have plenty. So, you don't care. It doesn't effect you. You're like the idiots on TV telling the middle class to suck it up. It doesn't hurt any of you one way or another. For the people living paycheck to paycheck it does. The economy between Trump and Biden is wide. American citizens weren't hurting economically in the Trump years, as they are in the Biden years.

For some reason, people only bring up Trump from Jan 6th now. Because all the bullshit the MSM told the people during his four years in office had to do with his tweets, not the actual running of the country. There really in no bad thing that actually happened his four years in office. Jan 6th was a shit show. On that day I said it's going to give liberals ammunition for the next twenty years. That's all anyone can bring up now.

Yup, I only know what you put on display here - what you display says a lot. You spout standard-issue bleeding-heart liberal nonsense, you ignore and deny reality that you don't like, you devolve into angry, mouth-foaming invective when the legs get kicked out from under your nonsense - you're not the first example of your species I've encountered.

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Christian conservative or any kind of Christian. If Biden represented the better choice for America I'd be happy to say he is, but it would absurd to say that.

You despise Trump for reasons that have nothing to do with his performance as POTUS. It's vapid and lazy to label everything as "Whataboutism" - there are valid reasons why Trump is superior to Biden, it's not "whataboutism" to make the observation that Biden is a blight on America.

No one with any sense believes "Trump is the only true source" and you've never heard me say that. If you say the media *hasn't* been lying to serve a particular agenda, if you claim there's no evidence the 2020 election was rigged it's because you don't want to pay attention to the evidence.

Back